Home
Posted By: BeanMan CZ 75 compact or P01? - 12/12/21
I’m going to buy one soon, I like the way the 75 compact looks a little better, the p01 has a rail for a light. Any opinions? What about the p 01 Omega?
Posted By: UPhiker Re: CZ 75 compact or P01? - 12/12/21
I like the looks of the PCR Compact better.
Originally Posted by BeanMan
I’m going to buy one soon, I like the way the 75 compact looks a little better, the p01 has a rail for a light. Any opinions? What about the p 01 Omega?

I have the P01. I love everything about it except for the trigger slap issue that appears to be common with the compact CZ-75 variants. I can't get through fifty rounds before I have to stop shooting due to pain in the pad of my trigger finger.

Trigger Slap: A painful, rapid, fore/aft pulse in the trigger itself during the reset stage.

Here's mine. Off the chart cool. If only it didn't have the trigger slap issue, it would be one of my favorite semi auto pistols.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: CZ 75 compact or P01? - 12/12/21
I'm waiting for this'un.....

https://danwessonfirearms.com/product/dwx-compact/
Posted By: clos Re: CZ 75 compact or P01? - 12/13/21
75 compact
Posted By: JGray Re: CZ 75 compact or P01? - 12/13/21
I like the looks of the PCR better than the P01 but couldn't find one when I wanted to buy. I bought the P01 and like everything about it - very accurate pistol.
Posted By: BeanMan Re: CZ 75 compact or P01? - 12/13/21
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I have the P01. I love everything about it except for the trigger slap issue that appears to be common with the compact CZ-75 variants. I can't get through fifty rounds before I have to stop shooting due to pain in the pad of my trigger finger.

Trigger Slap: A painful, rapid, fore/aft pulse in the trigger itself during the reset stage.

Here's mine. Off the chart cool. If only it didn't have the trigger slap issue, it would be one of my favorite semi auto pistols.

[Linked Image]

I’ve heard the Omega trigger system cures this
Posted By: Old__School Re: CZ 75 compact or P01? - 12/14/21

Don't know if you were referring to the steel frame/safety 75 Compact or the alloy frame decocker 75 D PCR Compact when comparing the P-01?

If you want to carry 1911 style go for the 75 Compact with the safety. If you prefer a decocker the 75 D PCR and P-01 fit the bill..... which also are a little lighter than the steel frame 75 Compact.

I have a P-01. Never felt that the trigger slap was a problem. I've got probably about 3k rounds through it and have never had FTF, stovepipe, or extraction issues EXCEPT when I've not cleaned it ..... seems like carbon builds up kinda' fast on the lower area of the breech face and that is when I've had stovepipe problems. I'm talking shooting 300-400 rounds before cleaning.

CZ 75's are good pistols. I also have a 75 B and a 75 BD and like 'em all.
Originally Posted by OldSchool_BestSchool

Don't know if you were referring to the steel frame/safety 75 Compact or the alloy frame decocker 75 D PCR Compact when comparing the P-01?

If you want to carry 1911 style go for the 75 Compact with the safety. If you prefer a decocker the 75 D PCR and P-01 fit the bill..... which also are a little lighter than the steel frame 75 Compact.

I have a P-01. Never felt that the trigger slap was a problem. I've got probably about 3k rounds through it and have never had FTF, stovepipe, or extraction issues EXCEPT when I've not cleaned it ..... seems like carbon builds up kinda' fast on the lower area of the breech face and that is when I've had stovepipe problems. I'm talking shooting 300-400 rounds before cleaning.

CZ 75's are good pistols. I also have a 75 B and a 75 BD and like 'em all.

Yeah, the trigger slap thing appears to be a hit or miss thing. Most compact CZ-75s don't have the issue, but many of them do.
Posted By: TWR Re: CZ 75 compact or P01? - 12/14/21
I've shot 5 different PCR's and 3 full size 75's and never once had trigger slap. Never even heard of it till you said something about it.

I just put it up there with high bore axis...
Originally Posted by TWR
I've shot 5 different PCR's and 3 full size 75's and never once had trigger slap. Never even heard of it till you said something about it.

Both of those are well established and widely acknowledged phenomena, so it's perfectly fine to put them in the same category, i.e., well established and widely acknowledged firearms related issues.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: CZ 75 compact or P01? - 12/14/21
Originally Posted by TWR

LMAO
Posted By: Garandimal Re: CZ 75 compact or P01? - 12/14/21
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Yep.

That's the one I've got my eye on.

And the AL framed 27.5 oz weight (empty) is a plus as well.

[Linked Image from images.guns.com]

GR
Originally Posted by Garandimal

Yep.

GR

The only difference between that and the P-01 is the absence of a rail.
Posted By: mud_bogger Re: CZ 75 compact or P01? - 01/01/22
I have a p01, i like it alot. Grabbed a 22lr slide for it, shot the hell outta the thing...That said its my first gun that has a decocker, im not a fan of it. Not sure if i would get another gun that has one
I like my P01 a lot but I think I might would have liked the Omega version even better.
Posted By: Rugernut Re: CZ 75 compact or P01? - 01/01/22
[quote=huntsman22]I'm waiting for this'un.....

I’m with ya! Stupid Covid screwed it up, or I’d already had one.
Posted By: Rugernut Re: CZ 75 compact or P01? - 01/01/22
I loved my 75 PCR, but like most double action European autos the trigger reach ain’t for me😖. Sold it.
I found out CZ has a shortened trigger I could install. Might have to give it another whirl.
Any interest in a polymer framed CZ 75 variant? I have a p09 and love it. It is lighter than the CZ75 and shoots great (like all CZ's). It is basically a PO1 with a poly frame.
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: CZ 75 compact or P01? - 01/02/22
I sure always liked my cz75 and then picked up the compact model in electroless nickel finish it's even better shooting.
.mb
Posted By: jackmountain Re: CZ 75 compact or P01? - 01/02/22
I handled both at the LGS last year with every intention to buy one or the other. IME that day the beavertail grip safety on the compact dug into my hand where the P01 didn’t. They look similar in pics so no idea why that was. I ended up buying a full size stainless 75 that day and buying a hellcat for carry later. Really like both, but like the looks of the compact more.
Posted By: Garandimal Re: CZ 75 compact or P01? - 01/02/22
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Garandimal

Yep.

GR

The only difference between that and the P-01 is the absence of a rail.

And a 1/2 oz., the slide release, and the rear sight. (although both? will accept the Novak-style Omega rear sight)

Just like the cleaner lines of the PCR...

[Linked Image from i.redd.it]

GR
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: CZ 75 compact or P01? - 01/03/22
I don't know if the P01 is any better than a 75Dpcr, but I do know that the compact is one heck of a pistol. I have been carrying/shooting mine since 2003 with zero issues.
Posted By: BeanMan Re: CZ 75 compact or P01? - 01/06/22
I got to shoot a couple hundred rounds through a CZ 75 P01 today. I really shot it well and am now looking for one to buy. I also shot a full sized CZ 75, a Sig 365, and a Les Baer 45 (wow).
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: CZ 75 compact or P01? - 01/06/22
but you're not looking at a Baer?
Well…I’m not wanting to spend that much, but it was awesome. My friend who had all the pistols shoots competitively and it’s his baby/.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: CZ 75 compact or P01? - 01/06/22
I'd rather save, to get something that 'wows' me, than get one just because.....
The P01 very much impressed me too but I don’t need a full sized pistol.
© 24hourcampfire