Home
Looking hard at a 10mm. I previously owned a Glock 20 years ago and sold it. The XD fits me better, trigger appears better, and 1 added round over the Glock 20. Anyone have any experience with this firearm? How is the accuracy? Thanks.
JWP475 has one and seems to shoot it pretty darn well.

Initially I was lukewarm to the platform but overall they have really proven to be a reliable gun. Rob Leatham ( who is a pro shooter for Springfield armory) let me play with one that belonged to his wife and had been tuned up and it was a very slick shooting little (9mm) gun.
Sounds good. Thanks Mackay. I agree. I'm not fond of the 1911 hybrid polymer but warming up after getting my hands on one. Palmetto has them for 529.00 in black with extra mags. I love my Glocks but want to try something different.
I have owned a Glock 20 since the beginning of time and it has been an extremely reliable firearm. On the hand, I recently purchased a Smith MP 2 10mm Compact, which I sent back to the factory 3 times to have FTF issues repaired. The so-called repairs performed by Smith failed miserably to resolve the horrible FTF rate, and I rid myself of that piece of junk. I have subsequently purchased a Springfield XDM-Elite 10mm and I have run all of the ammo that the Smith would not through the Springfield without even a hint of a hiccup. I like mine a lot-it runs as advertised.
Originally Posted by CP
I have owned a Glock 20 since the beginning of time and it has been an extremely reliable firearm. On the hand, I recently purchased a Smith MP 2 10mm Compact, which I sent back to the factory 3 times to have FTF issues repaired. The so-called repairs performed by Smith failed miserably to resolve the horrible FTF rate, and I rid myself of that piece of junk. I have subsequently purchased a Springfield XDM-Elite 10mm and I have run all of the ammo that the Smith would not through the Springfield without even a hint of a hiccup. I like mine a lot-it runs as advertised.

^^^This^^^.
I’ve owned a Glock 20 since they first became available. Never Ever failed to feed or go bang. Not once. And most of that with homemade reloads with cast bullets at max velocity, too.

I’ve looked really hard at the Springfield XDM Elite 10mm and REALLY like them. Fits my hand better and also points much more naturally than my Glock 20.
I’ll own one eventually.

You couldn’t give me ANY of the S&W Polymer pistols.
I learned my lesson long ago when they released their first Glock Copy, the Sigma. What a POS that was.
I've been much more impressed with my G20 Gen5 MOS RMR. It replaced a G20SF.
The Springfield I had the chance to shoot was different enough from my Glocks I did not get the results I wanted. Not a bad gun at all.
CP, what kind of accuracy are you getting?
I am not that good with a handgun to be a real judge of the accuracy potential of the Springfield. However, I believe it is a hair more accurate than my old Glock 20, and I am managing to poke holes in dog food cans at 25 yds on a fairly consistent basis with it. I purchased it for woods carry and reliability was my primary concern. It certainly has delivered in that regard.
I have one of the short barreled guns and have no complaints.
I prefer my 10mm XDM to the Glock 20 I used to own. Ergonomics and like the grip safety on the XDM the Glock platform has a lot more choices on holsters and accessories. The Springfield is more accurate in my opinion. Using the BB 220 grain cast loads in both
and a 22# spring made a big difference in accuracy.
Sounds good CP and kk alaska.
I have the non-elite xdm 10mm and love it. Also have an xdm elite 9mm and love that too. No issues of any kind with either. Probably have a couple thousand rounds through the 9 and sadly only 400ish through the 10mm.
I had a couple of different G20's, years ago. The only issue I had with the 10mm Glock, other than being big and ugly, was the fairly common misfires with Winchester large pistol primers. Both of the 10mm Glocks I had hated Winchester primers.

I now own a 5.25" XDM in 10mm, and it has been great. The sights, alone, are enough reason to switch from a Glock, in my opinion. I wouldn't hesitate getting the newer XDM Elite, but I wish they still made a 5.25" version. It's just about the perfect woods companion!
Be a man.... get a Colt Delta Elite 🤣🤣🤣
🙂
Originally Posted by DanInAlaska
I had a couple of different G20's, years ago. The only issue I had with the 10mm Glock, other than being big and ugly, was the fairly common misfires with Winchester large pistol primers. Both of the 10mm Glocks I had hated Winchester primers.

I now own a 5.25" XDM in 10mm, and it has been great. The sights, alone, are enough reason to switch from a Glock, in my opinion. I wouldn't hesitate getting the newer XDM Elite, but I wish they still made a 5.25" version. It's just about the perfect woods companion!

I have a 5.25" XDM-ELITE and it is very accurate with Lost River Ammunition Co. flat point hard cast at 1200 FPS (Mackay_Sagebrush)
Awesome! Do any of the red dots allow you to co witness the sights? I want a red dot but only if I can use my irons also as back up.
Originally Posted by hardway
Be a man.... get a Colt Delta Elite 🤣🤣🤣
I had two of them. One was a standard blued model, and the other was a stainless Gold Cup. Both went down the road, along with the Glocks. The XDM remains.

I would like to get another 1911 in 10mm, though. I've never had a long slide 1911, and I think the 10mm would be a perfect match for a 6" barrel.
I like the 1911 but hate the capacity of them.
Originally Posted by Esox357
Awesome! Do any of the red dots allow you to co witness the sights? I want a red dot but only if I can use my irons also as back up.
I did not find any red dot that would cowitness with the OEM sights on my XDM Elite Compact and ended up getting taller sights from Dawson Precision that do so.
Thanks akpls!
My glock 20 wasn't reliable.glock wouldn't even look at it because they know their guns don't jam even though I sent them pics and videos of it jamming with 3 different loads. I put a kkm match barrel chambered for 40 with was great but it still jammed on occasion.

When the xdm came out I bought the first one I saw and it never jammed, it was 100 % reliable. I traded it for the longer barreled threaded one with a vortex dot on it when they came out and it has been 100 % reliable too. I missed the shorter barreled one with the ruggedness of the open sights so I later bought another one so I have both now. They are both reliable so that's 3 for 3 on the Springfield.

I've since bought the S&W M&P10 and it's been really good only jamming one on the first box of ammo. I don't shoot as well with it as I do the XDM. So for me the XDM is my favorite. I just wish kkm would make a long throated 40 barrel for the xdm so I could shoot long loaded 40s at 10mm speeds. I still have the kkm glock 40 cal barrel if someone wants one.

Bb
Makes my decision even easier Burleyboy.
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I just wish kkm would make a long throated 40 barrel for the xdm so I could shoot long loaded 40s at 10mm speeds.

Bb

You can shoot 40 S&W in the 10mm XDM-ELITE without a problem
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
My glock 20 wasn't reliable.glock wouldn't even look at it because they know their guns don't jam even though I sent them pics and videos of it jamming with 3 different loads. I put a kkm match barrel chambered for 40 with was great but it still jammed on occasion.

When the xdm came out I bought the first one I saw and it never jammed, it was 100 % reliable. I traded it for the longer barreled threaded one with a vortex dot on it when they came out and it has been 100 % reliable too. I missed the shorter barreled one with the ruggedness of the open sights so I later bought another one so I have both now. They are both reliable so that's 3 for 3 on the Springfield.

I've since bought the S&W M&P10 and it's been really good only jamming one on the first box of ammo. I don't shoot as well with it as I do the XDM. So for me the XDM is my favorite. I just wish kkm would make a long throated 40 barrel for the xdm so I could shoot long loaded 40s at 10mm speeds. I still have the kkm glock 40 cal barrel if someone wants one.

Bb

I have had a Glock 20 for many years. I had occasional stovepipes with it with factory ammo until one day my son was shooting with me and pointed out that it was only with one magazine. This was during one of the “restriction transition “ periods and the gun had come with one regular mag and one 10 round mag. It was the 10 rounmag causing problems. I got rid of it, now have half a dozen regular capacity mags and it has run ever since like Glocks are supposed to.
I had a G 20 years ago, no issues but sold it. Looking forward to getting an XDM Elite.
Purchased a XDM a couple of months ago on the advice of some of the members here. Although I have not fired it yet, very impressed with the build quality and the trigger pull. Hard to go wrong for roughly $575.
Originally Posted by Esox357
Looking hard at a 10mm. I previously owned a Glock 20 years ago and sold it. The XD fits me better, trigger appears better, and 1 added round over the Glock 20. Anyone have any experience with this firearm? How is the accuracy? Thanks.

Bought my 10mm XDM-E last fall...4.5"

Opted for the Hex Dragonfly package deal

Biggest disappointment was had to swap out the factory irons to suppressor high sights

The OEM sights are great..until you add the optics...If they include the optics...they should have correct sights installed

Springfield was running their magazine deal with purchase..got 3 extra IIRC (no range bag)

Mainly shoot 180's....200 XTP's & 200 gr HC from Rim Rock bullets..no store bought ammo

No issues...easy to pull down to clean & maintain

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
This is my fav store

Price is same as it was last fall when I bought it

https://gunzonedeals.com/product/spr-xd-m-elite-10mm-4.5-16rd-w-dragonfly-optic-1#product_detail
Recently picked up the XDM Elite 10 myself. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. It may be worth your while to spend some time reading here...

https://www.xdtalk.com/forums/

Be aware that there is apparently an issue with the striker retainer pin. There's a cheap and easy fix.
Thanks tikkanut and Freeme
Just bought this OWB polymer holster for my XDM 10mm universal with optic cutout fits well
On Amazon Gun & Flower universal holster $30.99 shipped
https://www.gunflower.net/products/...release-holster-fits-100-gun-models.html

Another poly holster that fits my XDM 10 mm thats lighter and not as bulky is the Fobus SP 11 B

I ordered several Polymer holsters that said they were for the XDM 45 and would fit the XDM 10MM had to send them back as they would not fit

Glock 20 holsters are a lot easier to find!
Good deal kk!
© 24hourcampfire