Home
Posted By: SCGunNut Henry Revolvers - 04/13/23
[Linked Image from henryusa.com]

Looks like an old Colt, High Standard and H&R had a "three way". $928....
Posted By: pabucktail Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/13/23
Why does everything this company makes look like a toy?
Posted By: FreeMe Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/13/23
Originally Posted by pabucktail

Would you say that about an old Colt, High Standard, or H&R?

Seriously, in today's context, Henry's products are technically toys.......very nice toys.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/13/23
Uhhhh, those are an eye sore. Just no accounting for taste anymore.
Posted By: trplem Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/13/23
Fugly shouldn't cost dams near $1k.
Originally Posted by GunGeek

No more so than the fake stag and fake ivory grips or skeletonized triggers I see on a lot of 1911s. Not that I'd want one of these either, but some Henry fans probably will.
Posted By: zcm82 Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/13/23
Reminds me a bit of some of the old Iver Johnsons.
Posted By: TC1 Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/13/23
Look at it for more than 30 seconds. I couldn't do it.

[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/13/23
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Agreed.
I don't anticipate many sales.
Posted By: TheKid Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/13/23
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by pabucktail

Would you say that about an old Colt, High Standard, or H&R?

Seriously, in today's context, Henry's products are technically toys.......very nice toys.

They look like toys because Henry apparently can’t fit a side plate to not have a giant gap and washed out corners. And they thought it a good idea to fit them with what is likely a brass plated pot metal grip frame, at best and still tacky an actual brass grip frame.

Both of those are a result of cost cutting measures like tumble polishing the frames and sideplates hence no nice fit on the joints. And the grip frames are almost certainly a casting, it’s easier and cheaper to cast pot metal than it is to cast, forge, or machine steel.

I also never saw a Colt that hadn’t been poorly refinished that looked as cheap as these. H&R and HS, yeah they both turned out some crap for the revolver market over the years.
Posted By: SargeMO Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/13/23
Originally Posted by SCGunNut

I'm finding more wrong than right there. They need to erase everything that isn't a Colt Lawman, and start over.

I bet that saw-handle protrusion at the top of the grip would get old quick, shooting full power 180 grain 357s.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I don't anticipate many sales.

Certainly not at that price.
Just based on the aesthetics alone, I'm confident it will sell quite well...Like I said, people have NOT taste. Remember, people actually buy tactical lever actions with rails on them.
However, at 1k you'd be an idiot not to buy a real revolver from S&W, Ruger, Colt, or Uberti. I'd take a brass frame, bead blasted and blued Uberti over that monstrous horrendum.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/13/23
Since my identically named thread that was posted fifteen minutes before this one has been ignored, I’ll add my comments here. Everything they make is ugly. Why do they always use brass? I don’t get it.

If they WERE going to use brass, why make a double action that otherwise looks like something made post turn of the 20th Century when brass framed revolvers were more than fifty years out of date? Why not make a single action? There were a few cartridge conversion single actions that probably had brass frames at some point or another.
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/13/23
Nope. No way.

I'd sooner buy one of those Rock Island Armory 38 revolvers for $200 or so.
Posted By: 79S Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/13/23
For $928 you can pick up a nice smith 14, 19, 28 for less than that. Hell you can buy a new 686 for that..
Posted By: TheKid Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/13/23
It’s almost like they chose the worst selling features to bring to market.

4” mid sized frame so not catering to the CCW crowd

4” and fixed sights so not catering to the range and target shooting crowd

357/38 only plus 4” only and no adjustable sights so probably not many handgun hunters going to buy one

Really the only thing I see that might be ever so slightly marketable is the silly brass frame and that’s only for the play dress up CAS crowd who probably aren’t interested in a DA with a swing out cylinder.

I might have to buy a couple of them. When they’re discontinued because they sold 114 in the first year of production they might be a rare collector item in 50-60 years.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/13/23
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Nope. No way.

I'd sooner buy one of those Rock Island Armory 38 revolvers for $200 or so.

I have one I'll sell ya. Sometimes it goes "Bang!" when you pull the trigger. Not often, but sometimes. grin
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/13/23

Do you have to pull the pin and take the cylinder out to load it? eek
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Since my identically named thread that was posted fifteen minutes before this one has been ignored, I’ll add my comments here. Everything they make is ugly. Why do they always use brass? I don’t get it.

If they WERE going to use brass, why make a double action that otherwise looks like something made post turn of the 20th Century when brass framed revolvers were more than fifty years out of date? Why not make a single action? There were a few cartridge conversion single actions that probably had brass frames at some point or another.

That's what I was wondering. Why not a single action?
Originally Posted by gregintenn

Do you have to pull the pin and take the cylinder out to load it? eek

No.
Posted By: justin10mm Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/13/23
I just threw up in my mouth a little.
It looks like a revolver that was clearly maximized in design for ease of manufacture, and when they got it all done said...Hey wait, we need to do something aesthetic...let's add a brass grip frame/trigger guard.
Posted By: Earlyagain Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/13/23
They should chamber the sq bt in 45 Colt. Add a lanyard ring. And call it the Bubba.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/13/23
They're an interesting company. God bless 'em, it's like they have the right idea, but they don't really have any gun people working there. Everything they make looks like it was well-produced, just a little off. And the brass, get rid of the brass. It's not like the largest proportion of their market goes around with gold chains around their necks. The style of their guns just seems to scream, "Designed in NYC by an Italian American guy who's never been south of Newark, west of Binghamton or north of White Plains. Their guns look like they belong in 1950's comic books.
They make some interesting choices...but they sell a lot of guns, so someone is buying them.
Posted By: SargeMO Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/13/23
Imperato donates to a lot of good causes but that boy needs to be chained up in the Texas Rangers museum until he learns what a revolver and lever action are supposed to look like.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/13/23
Just not exciting, or lust provoking
Originally Posted by cra1948
They're an interesting company. God bless 'em, it's like they have the right idea, but they don't really have any gun people working there. Everything they make looks like it was well-produced, just a little off. And the brass, get rid of the brass. It's not like the largest proportion of their market goes around with gold chains around their necks. The style of their guns just seems to scream, "Designed in NYC by an Italian American guy who's never been south of Newark, west of Binghamton or north of White Plains. Their guns look like they belong in 1950's comic books.

I think you're onto something.
Posted By: Jeffrey Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/13/23
Did the Guinea from Henry put this out as an April fools joke? $1k? Really? I can hear that meathead Sean Hannity going on about how great Henry is and how much he loves practicing at the “target range” with his new Henry revolver.
Posted By: 79S Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/13/23
Look at the colt 1877 grip and compare it to Henry pistol they are damn near identical. Must be for the cowboy action crowd.
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Did the Guinea from Henry put this out as an April fools joke? $1k? Really? I can hear that meathead Sean Hannity going on about how great Henry is and how much he loves practicing at the “target range” with his new Henry revolver.

You know it's gonna happen.
Posted By: Anteloper Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/13/23
Somebody had to make the “Chiappa Rhino” look good...
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by JoeBob

That's what I was wondering. Why not a single action?
That would have been a more natural extension of their line of lever action rifles.
Posted By: Stix Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/13/23
Based on their rifle quality these are gonna be a hard pass as well. I like the company. I like what he does. Lord knows he try’s but it’s just another swing and a miss from them.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/13/23
Originally Posted by Anteloper

LMAO! 😂😂😂

The Chiappa Rhino looks like a “Masterpiece” compared to Henry’s latest ABORTION. 🤪

Ruger should do a .38 version of their El Cheapo Wrangler revolver and retail it for $249.00. to compete with Henry’s latest embarrassment. 😜
Posted By: SCGunNut Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/13/23
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
I can hear that meathead Sean Hannity going on about how great Henry is and how much he loves practicing at the “target range” with his new Henry revolver.

Well, he is a "marksman" after all. Who the hell refers to themself with that term?
Posted By: Troutnut Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/13/23
Those are ugly. Buy a decent Smith for that price
Posted By: FreeMe Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/14/23
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Anteloper

LMAO! 😂😂😂

The Chiappa Rhino looks like a “Masterpiece” compared to Henry’s latest ABORTION. 🤪

Ruger should do a .38 version of their El Cheapo Wrangler revolver and retail it for $249.00. to compete with Henry’s latest embarrassment. 😜

I've seen a Rhino in person, and I'd have to agree.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/14/23
Hickok45 panned the looks of the Rhino. Can't wait to see his reaction to the new Henry revolvers.
Posted By: Potsy Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/14/23
I like my Big Boy .45 Colt…….interested in seeing how the revolvers perform……but they ain’t gonna win any beauty contests.
Posted By: fburgtx Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/14/23
Originally Posted by cra1948

Exactly. Everything they make seems to have some weird or “clunky” design aesthetic, to it. Don’t know why. It’s like they never back away from their design about 10 feet, and ask themselves, “What does this look like as a fully assembled firearm??”.

I resepect what they’re trying to do, and the owner’s heart seems to be in the right place, but this firearm would be more “acceptable” as a $300 22lr, than a nearly $1000 .357.

Maybe some mother-of-pearl grips and a gold-plated cylinder would give the gun a sufficient anount of “pimp cred”.

I think an 1875 Remington knockoff, or perhaps a Colt Woodsman clone, would have been a better choice. Henry needs to learn how to design guns that don’t look like toy guns.
Posted By: tomme boy Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/14/23
They will be a POS just like their rifles
Posted By: MGunns Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/14/23
What the?
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/14/23
They make a replica of the original Henry rifle that's nice.

Posted By: PennDog Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/14/23
I just don’t get anything Henry - sorry just can’t imagine spending nearly a K on one of these or paying the price people are for their levers. I know they are selling but I just don’t understand it. Maybe around $300 - and that’s a big MAYBE they would make sense but even then I just couldn’t do it.

That said I’m glad they are doing well and wish them nothing but the best but I’ll spend my $$ elsewhere.

PennDog
Posted By: EdM Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/14/23
Who is making or selling inexpensive lever guns?
Posted By: Daverageguy Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/14/23
I'd much rather have seen them in 45 colt especially with a lanyard ring kinda like a 1917. Or use the birdshead grip on a single action in .357 and 44 special along with the 45 version. I won't be buying them for 900 bills.
Posted By: viking Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/14/23
They should stick to levers and pumps. They seem to be few and far between anymore.
Posted By: Distridr Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/14/23
As a market entry offering, the price is two or three times what it would take to suck money out of my wallet.

Henry should have studied the Wrangler chapter of the Ruger playbook.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/14/23
Henry needs some gun guys bad. Take the Long Ranger. That’s a pretty cool rifle. But wouldn’t you think that a lever action made for high pressure cartridges and scope use would at least have the option of a pistol grip stock? I mean it doesn’t even come with sights. You’re going to use a scope and need a higher comb. A pistol grip would allow you to do that without having a funky looking stock. Granted, it’s a matter of taste but the point is valid. And it seems like actual gun guys would know that.
Posted By: SargeMO Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/14/23
Henry did offer one version the 308 LR with irons and a 20" barrel, but you don't see them for sale often. If they offered it in 358, I'd be severely tempted.
Posted By: saddlering Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/14/23
I can live with the looks of there long guns ,but these pistols just plain Suck.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/14/23
That thing could never, ever shoot good enough to make up for the ugly
Posted By: rifletom Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/14/23
Oh man, I have two Henry rifles[.357 and .45 Colt], I'm good with those. That's all that counts. Buuut, those Henry revolvers? Ain't happening in my world.
Have two Italian replicas in .45 Colt that cost less than half the price. And look a damn sight better than those clunkers. Geez!
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/15/23
Those guns at that price make the nickel-plated 10-4 I just got (with a Tyler T-grip) seem like an absolute bargain.
Posted By: Papag Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/19/23
Pumps have not been well received in our area.
Posted By: klondike_mike Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/19/23
Originally Posted by SargeMO
Imperato donates to a lot of good causes but that boy needs to be chained up in the Texas Rangers museum until he learns what a revolver and lever action are supposed to look like.
That just might work. 😀
Posted By: cs2blue Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/19/23
Thats the best they could do? Wow, I would not want to take one of those even if it was given to me. Not good.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/19/23
Nothing much surprises me anymore, but these do, and not pleasantly. You just know some obscure YouTuber is going to gush all over them like they were Pythons

I can maybe see some tasteless goober finding them attractive; it does after all, take all kinds, but the price has me totally flummoxed.
Posted By: TC1 Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/19/23
All I'm seeing here is jealousy. Ya'll know you want one but just can't bring yourself to admit it grin
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/19/23
like everything else Henry makes. they are horrendous looking
Posted By: Bugger Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/20/23
Iver Johnson & H&R cross?
Posted By: Judman Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/20/23
They won’t be around long, and from the looks and price point, for good reason
Posted By: GF1 Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/20/23
If I had a dog that ugly, I’d shave his butt and make him walk backwards.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Henry Revolvers - 04/20/23
I’m thinking that CDNN may have an opportunity here in a year or so.
© 24hourcampfire