Home
XDM-ELITE 10mm 100 yards

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
loaded with bent rusty nails? What are we supposed to be looking at?
10mm is too much for crappie
Originally Posted by blairvt

I'm pointing at the entrance hole where the bullet entered
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by blairvt

I'm pointing at the entrance hole where the bullet entered

You realize you’re not giving us very much here…
You shot a board at 100 yards and…?
Looks like accurate stuff.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
10mm is too much for crappie
Especially if you like to eat them.
Ed, that is what I am gathering.

I hope it feeds in my fancy new FN 510 because this pile of crap showed up yesterday. We're ready to rumble.....lol

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Nice shooting J!

Hoping to get enough time on Sunday to blast a few of those myself. Should go back out right now but got lazy after eating supper.
All kidding aside Mackay_Sagebrush's Lost River Ammunition Company loads excellent ammo. I purchased 1,000 rds of the 10mm 200 grain hard cast. I chronographed 3 and my readings were 1200, 1199 and 1201 FPS, that is ridiculously consistent
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Ed, that is what I am gathering.

I hope it feeds in my fancy new FN 510 because this pile of crap showed up yesterday. We're ready to rumble.....lol

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Nice shooting J!

Hoping to get enough time on Sunday to blast a few of those myself. Should go back out right now but got lazy after eating supper.

It is excellent ammo Sam
J, that is a great velocity report.

I haven't reloaded anything in years so Lost River is the easy choice for killer handgun ammo.

Nice to be able to support our own and get some badass ammo in the process!
Looks like .22lr hole. To make consistent shots at that range one would need revolver like S&W 610 topped with handgun scope having magnification, hard to hit something one does not see well.
All kidding aside Mackay_Sagebrush's Lost River Ammunition Company loads excellent ammo. I purchased 1,000 rds of the 10mm 200 grain hard cast. I chronographed 3 and my readings were 1200, 1199 and 1201 FPS, that is ridiculously consistent

Like a trickler
Originally Posted by Slavek
Looks like .22lr hole. To make consistent shots at that range one would need revolver like S&W 610 topped with handgun scope having magnification, hard to hit something one does not see well.

Don't sell the Red Dot Sights short

Nice shooting with that hipoint!
Ted makes great stuff, and it was actually available during COVId…..
I was amazed that shooting 50 yds to 100 yds my shots only dropped about an inch or two. Teds ammo is good stuff! It’s all good not just the 10mm.

Yes, good consistency. What barrel length?
Originally Posted by MarineHawk

Yes, good consistency. What barrel length?

Mine is 5.25"
So it will hit the broad side of a barn? Is that what we're saying? 🤔
XDM-ELITE 10mm 100 yards

Damn good shooting my friend and damn good ammo!!

Which Holosun model did you pick? How is the trigger?
Originally Posted by 2ndwind

Which Holosun model did you pick? How is the trigger?

I have a Holosun 507C X2 on my 10mm

Trigger is about like most good striker fired pistols
I would like to know some of his bullet sources.

The ammo looks like its good stuff and his brass source is definitely top notch.
Y'all are going to give Ted a big head if you keep talking like that.

He's going to have to buy a bigger cowboy hat!
And John is a fair hand with a short gun as well.

Dick
That is some serious shooting . I would be happy doing that at 1/2 the range.
I guess my question would be was that what you were aiming at😁…….Mr. Sagebrush does make good ammo though!!

PennDog
Originally Posted by gunchamp
XDM-ELITE 10mm 100 yards

I think JWP is a pretty dang good shot.

He has posted pics in the past of popping empty shotgun hulls with his 10mm XD. That is some good shooting.

Been offline for a few days. Was over in Livingston Montana area, hiking in the Absaroka mts. Hiked into one of the more popular falls, Pine Creek Falls. Been there before.

Still lots of snow in the mountains and was postholing in the snow, Didn't have a 10mm with me, but did have my .45 loaded with 250 +Ps. Either would be fine. On the way back down the trail, I ran across a guy who was carrying a large frame (10mm/.45) Glock. The bears are out of hibernation now, so each person who was hiking with us also had a can of bear spray.

Thanks for all the kind words about the ammo. It is very much appreciated.
i've yet to buy Ted's 10mm ammo, but the 38 Spl I bought from him has been fantastic. I killed a big doe witha 6 inch Smith k-38 Masterpiece from a treestand last fall with one round of his SWC.
Originally Posted by HawkI

The ammo looks like its good stuff and his brass source is definitely top notch.

His choice of hardcast bullets looks to be Rimrock, which is also what Buffalo Bore loads in their Outdoorsman line.
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by gunchamp
XDM-ELITE 10mm 100 yards

I think JWP is a pretty dang good shot.

He has posted pics in the past of popping empty shotgun hulls with his 10mm XD. That is some good shooting.

Been offline for a few days. Was over in Livingston Montana area, hiking in the Absaroka mts. Hiked into one of the more popular falls, Pine Creek Falls. Been there before.

Still lots of snow in the mountains and was postholing in the snow, Didn't have a 10mm with me, but did have my .45 loaded with 250 +Ps. Either would be fine. On the way back down the trail, I ran across a guy who was carrying a large frame (10mm/.45) Glock. The bears are out of hibernation now, so each person who was hiking with us also had a can of bear spray.

Thanks for all the kind words about the ammo. It is very much appreciated.

No one can shoot accurately if the ammo isn't up to the task.
Originally Posted by HawkI

His choice of hardcast bullets looks to be Rimrock, which is also what Buffalo Bore loads in their Outdoorsman line.
Thanks John.

I'm thinking something in the requisite 18-22 range then?

I had some Rimrocks here but never put the tester on them.
Originally Posted by gitem_12
i've yet to buy Ted's 10mm ammo, but the 38 Spl I bought from him has been fantastic. I killed a big doe witha 6 inch Smith k-38 Masterpiece from a treestand last fall with one round of his SWC.

That is pretty darn cool!

Not much of a feat Ted, she was 17 yards from me meandering down a trail i stopped her with a whistle and settled the front sight on the crease behind her front shoulder. she kicked at the shot and ran about 30 yards and piled up in the snow. ammo worked just fine, though I didn't catch the bullet for a review.
That is pretty good penetration.

Not much of a feat Ted, she was 17 yards from me meandering down a trail i stopped her with a whistle and settled the front sight on the crease behind her front shoulder. she kicked at the shot and ran about 30 yards and piled up in the snow. ammo worked just fine, though I didn't catch the bullet for a review.

Gitem,

You really cannot beat that, no matter what cartridge you use. Of course it helps when you can shoot so well to be able to put the bullet exactly where it needs to go. smile
5 shots at 45 yards, 4 into 3.5" and the 5th opened it to 5.5"

Gitem,

You really cannot beat that, no matter what cartridge you use. Of course it helps when you can shoot so well to be able to put the bullet exactly where it needs to go. smile
it was a lot of fun. I'm currently looking for a 45 colt of 44 mag that tickles me. I want to add a red dot to one. as far as the shot. i just treated it like a bow shot. the resultes were desireable.

That's good shooting if off-hand.
Originally Posted by dla

That's good shooting if off-hand.

JWP can definitely shoot.

He sent me a pic of 3 shots of .45 Colt that looked like a half dollar sized black spot on his steel target, but it was with the heavy .45 Colt 320 grain loads that do 1155 FPS from my short barrel BlackHawk. He was shooting at a little over 45 yards I think.

The 10mm shot group above would make just about anyone happy.

I know I need to get out and practice more. It is hiking season and bears are out of hibernation, so a little extra range time is definitely in order for me.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[/quote]

JWP can definitely shoot.

He sent me a pic of 3 shots of .45 Colt that looked like a half dollar sized black spot on his steel target, but it was with the heavy .45 Colt 320 grain loads that do 1155 FPS from my short barrel BlackHawk. He was shooting at a little over 45 yards I think.

The 10mm shot group above would make just about anyone happy.

I know I need to get out and practice more. It is hiking season and bears are out of hibernation, so a little extra range time is definitely in order for me.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][/quote]
Ted,

How do you like the new Gen 5 G20?
That's on my short list and I don't even need it!
WFR,

I have been shooting large frame Glocks since their introduction. Carried a Gen 2 G21 for a service gun and when the Gen 3 version came out I immediately switched due to being able to mount a light, since I mostly worked at night. Long story short, I put incredible amounts of rounds through the Gen 3 G21s and to a lesser extent, the Gen 3 G20s. They have always been a very accurate platform.

I saw no need to pick up a Gen 4.

Then the G5s came out. I needed the G5 for product development. Very glad I picked it up, as the grip texture is far superior when it comes to recoil control. The Gen 3s could be a bit slick. Plus the Gen 5 magwell has been flared a bit making quick mag changes a breeze when under pressure or under time (or both). The specimen above has a good trigger right out of the box and is bone stock. Eventually it will get an optic to maximize its accuracy potential.

Overall I would say the Gen 5 G20s are a good upgrade over the Gen 3s. When I am able I plan on getting a Gen 5 G21 MOS as well. Both will make great field/hunting guns.
© 24hourcampfire