Home
Looking for some inspiration gentlemen. Anyone got photos of leather revolver holsters?
Here’s a few single action holsters. They all have the same pattern. I had the gentleman at “Levergun Leatherworks” make them just the way I wanted.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

I really like El Paso Saddlery! For the most part I prefer the thumb break style.
Barranti model 44. Carved and background dyed.

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

Barranti EK5

From top right - Lawrence 120, the Barranti 44, Simply Rugged Pancake, Barranti EK5, Bianchi 5L, Barranti Sloan, El Paso Saddlery Threepersons cross draw, and the small one is a Barranti Northwest.

Milt Sparks PMK for a 2.5" Model 19 .357 Magnum:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
And a carved 200 AW from Milt Sparks.

Definitely my "Bucket List" holster. smile

And a 200AW after I slipped on some wet rocks and got a little more soaked than expected..

Milt Sparks PMK, S&W 310, 40 S&W/moon clips, double speed-loader pouch made for 357's will allow 2 stacked moon clips of 40's, crimson trace grips. 6 in the gun, and 24 on the belt. Quick reloads. I usually carry a Sig or Glock..with an LCR in pocket...but I like this package overall for a self defense revolver. For concealed carry (of revolver), the PMK is my favorite holster by a good margin.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Milt Sparks HSR for an N Frame:

Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

Thanks, y'all.

Ted - what does the interior of this one look like?
Some really nice holsters being shown here.
Here’s is my 2 best. Top- Milt Sparks HSR cross draw for 6 1/5” N-frame S&Ws
Bottom El Paso 1920 “Tom Threeperson’s for 5 1/2” Ruger Flat Top. The rest are mostly Bianchi Holsters.
I am a little amazed at the prices from some of the holster makers today. $300 and up for some holsters is a little too rich for me.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Here’s a few I had made recently by Camp Curry Leather, not real fancy but I like that you buy one harness and then you can plug in the different revolvers/holsters.
I have recently picked a couple from Galco, but most of mine are from Sam Andrews
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm
Looking for some inspiration gentlemen. Anyone got photos of leather revolver holsters?

For a hunting rig, I've pretty much settled on Montana Holster shoulder rig hand made by Norm.

I don't know if they're inspiring, but well made and utilitarian. smile

I'm looking for something like this for my 329. How high does it ride on the hip?
Here is the backside of a 200AW, which is pretty much the same holster design, minus the protective flap that covers the hammer.

It shows the slot where the belt fits, so you can see where it would ride for you. It is a moderately high riding system and I have carried 4" and 5" N frames for literally thousands of hours while wearing these holsters over the decades.

Here is the backside of a 200AW, which is pretty much the same holster design, minus the protective flap that covers the hammer.

It shows the slot where the belt fits, so you can see where it would ride for you. It is a moderately high riding system and I have carried 4" and 5" N frames for literally thousands of hours while wearing these holsters over the decades.

Thanks!
D. Johnson holster for the Smith 329:

My fourteen year old grand daughter made it for me and gave it to me last Xmas

What can I say?
Wow! Nicely played. If that 380 could talk I’d sure like to hear the story of the goings on in the ol Colt Factory in Hartford when it went through the works.
These are the first two holsters I made. The Bisley holster was the first and had some learning curves. The other is a cross draw holster and turned out a little better. Still need to make a holster for a 6” Security Six.

Simply Rugged

Simply Rugged

Ringler

Barranti
Barranti

Barranti

Simply Rugged

Barranti
Some nice holsters.
nice holsters and very nice pictures too .thanks for posting,Pete53
D Johnson chest rig for Ruger Red Hawk in 45 Colt.

Originally Posted by Kenlguy

What can I say?

Far and away the most beautiful and precious holster on this thread.
Originally Posted by cra1948

What can I say?

Far and away the most beautiful and precious holster on this thread.

I agree!

That's very cool!!

What can I say?

That one would be hard to top! What a prize.
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
D. Johnson holster for the Smith 329:

THIS is a nice design!
Mountain Rose Leather moved to Crestview, FL from NM. Saw them at a gun show in Ft Walton Beach. Had them make this tooled leather flap holster for my 6" M-19 5 T gun, that I wear on my tractor. The flap does a fair job of keeping the crud out of the gun.

If I rap a shop rag around the grip then snap the flap the gun stays clean even when mowing or bush hoging.

My M-66 four inch, carry gun holster, a cross draw rig by Andrews Leather of Florida. Fits under my winter hunting jacket. His Car Jacker rig is somewhat similar, easy access while driving. Andrews is a former Florida State Trooper and makes excellent leather holsters.

El Paso Saddlery. This is the rig they offer that's supposed to be a reproduction of the one John Wayne wore in all his Westerns. That's my Colt SAA .45 in it.
[Linked Image]

I have it set up for cross draw in this picture, but I have a right hand side EPS holster for it, too.
My latest from Brett Collier. 4" S&W K frame.

[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]
Latest one is an IWB for a 4" N Frame S&W.

A Milt Sparks Summer Special.

Many immediately think "That would be way too big". However in practical use, it is not. Consider this. A 5" Government model 1911 is a relatively heavy firearm compared to many modern polymer guns. Most guys who have spent years carrying one on a daily basis can tell you that carrying one IWB distributes the weight better and is often more comfortable than an OWB holster, plus it feels more secure, and conceals better.

All that applies to the N Frame IWB rig. I have not had a chance to carry it as many hours yet as I have other rigs due to being incredibly busy lately but I can say that it is a very effective way to carry. Plus you can actually carry a big gun concealed if you put a little thought into clothing selection.

Here is a good pic of all that is exposed:

Thanks, y'all.

Sorry, I missed this first time around.

Here are some pics:

Very stiff leather. If not mistreated, it should last a few lifetimes.
Originally Posted by trapperJ

I'm looking for something like this for my 329. How high does it ride on the hip?

I don't know what I would compare it to, but it is what I would consider a medium height. I have worn this style of holster in the field, as well as concealed for many years with no complaints. I would not recommend one for anything beyond a 5" barrel though. Beyond a 5" I would recommend a crossdraw for ease of use in the hunting fields.
https://www.galcogunleather.com/kodiak-chest-holster_8_2_1179.html

memtb
Hank Sloan pattern made by Mike Barranti for my 5.5" Bisley in 45 Colt.

Thanks, y'all.

Sorry, I missed this first time around.

Here are some pics:

Very stiff leather. If not mistreated, it should last a few lifetimes.

HSR?
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
HSR?

Nope that is a 200AW.

Perfectly done too. Rides great on my belt, and is easy to draw.
Originally Posted by hikerbum

Nice! Very classy. 😎👍
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
HSR?

Nope that is a 200AW.

Perfectly done too. Rides great on my belt, and is easy to draw.

Thanks. Looks good.
Here's some of mine, had quite a few Ernie Hill holsters years ago, quite unique stuff, gave them away.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]Barranti strong side 4" N frame model 28 High Way Patrolman & Ruger cross draw Single Seven

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] Barranti Hank Sloan 45 Mountain Gun & a strong side OM Ruger 44 flat top

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] Three more Barranti rigs & a Barranti cartridge slide
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] Barranti strong side for a 6.5" gun & a carved Keith #5
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]Barranti cross draw for a flat top bisley & a Barranti 3" for a S&W 696 44 special
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] Barranti K frame for a 16-4 S&W
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]Barranti cartridge slides for straight wall revolvers
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] Barranti Northwest Hunter shoulder holsters for Ruger revolvers, the first one ever made & #8
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] Barranti 2DXD cross draw for Ruger blackhawk 45 auto rim
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] Milt Sparks summer special for Browning Hi Power & a Simply Rugged pancake for a Kimber 45.
Dick
Idaho1945…. Some nice ones
My 28-2 has riddin in this Safariland basket weave, sued lined, holster for a lot of years and miles. Thankfully, never needed it as a panic gun! I do like how it holds the revolver.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
A lot of miles on this one. Never came off pants belt except to change pants.

[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]

GR
© 24hourcampfire