Home
Posted By: RipSnort New Colt Python 5" ??? - 09/20/23
I see that Colt is shipping the new Python with a 5" barrel. Have you gotten your hands on one? What do you think?

Thanks, RS
Posted By: JB in SC Re: New Colt Python 5" ??? - 09/20/23
Saw one today, like it. Good balance. Same number of vents in the rib as the six.
Posted By: wrongtime Re: New Colt Python 5" ??? - 09/20/23
I’ve handled two of them. Might be the ideal Python barrel length.
This is great news. I'm in! Need to find one of these.
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: New Colt Python 5" ??? - 09/22/23
I just brought home one of the new 2.5" Pythons this week. I'm not bothering to shoot it till I switch out the rear sight for a Wilson Combat. Will be interested to see how the 5" model feels.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: New Colt Python 5" ??? - 09/23/23
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
I just brought home one of the new 2.5" Pythons this week. I'm not bothering to shoot it till I switch out the rear sight for a Wilson Combat. Will be interested to see how the 5" model feels.

Congrats, CT I got the 4-in last year and sent it off to Mike Heffron at Heffron Precision for him to work his magic.
Posted By: Biebs Re: New Colt Python 5" ??? - 09/23/23
I wish they'd make them in blue again.
Posted By: JB in SC Re: New Colt Python 5" ??? - 09/23/23
Originally Posted by Biebs
I wish they'd make them in blue again.

I’d doubt it ever happens. Might be a DLC version coming though.
Posted By: MOGC Re: New Colt Python 5" ??? - 09/23/23
That old-time Colt Royal Blue was pretty special. I had a 6" Python in blue and holy cow that was a pretty finish.
Originally Posted by MOGC
That old-time Colt Royal Blue was pretty special. I had a 6" Python in blue and holy cow that was a pretty finish.

The Model 357 got the same finish, and hands on work on the action.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: New Colt Python 5" ??? - 10/14/23
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

Congrats, CT I got the 4-in last year and sent it off to Mike Heffron at Heffron Precision for him to work his magic.

Thanks Greg. Looking forward to hearing how you like yours when you get it back.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: New Colt Python 5" ??? - 10/14/23
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by MOGC

The Model 357 got the same finish, and hands on work on the action.

[Linked Image]

NICE!!
Posted By: 222Sako Re: New Colt Python 5" ??? - 10/15/23
Brownells has 5 inchers in stock. Would love to have one to go with my S&W 27-2 five inch barrel.
Posted By: Dons99 Re: New Colt Python 5" ??? - 10/21/23
Just looked at their website, impressive. You happy with the results?
© 24hourcampfire