Home
Posted By: memtb Beyond Stunned! - 12/17/23
Our daughter and SIL will not be around here for Christmas, so we exchanged gifts today!

My gift was my birthday and Christmas combined! Never in my wildest imagination would I have even begun to imagine this……A Freedom Arms, Model 83, Premier Grade, 6” Octagon barrel, 3lb. trigger and trigger stop, in 475 Linebaugh!

Wow doesn’t even begin to describe my emotions! It’s simply too nice to use! memtb
Posted By: HawkI Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/17/23
Use it.

And congrats.

I'm thinking they might like you....
Posted By: memtb Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/17/23
Originally Posted by HawkI
Use it.

And congrats.

I'm thinking they might like you....

For the life of me, I don’t know why! memtb
Posted By: tankerjockey Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/17/23
Hell of a Christmas present!
Posted By: Doc_Holidude Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/17/23
Holy moley! Guess you made the extra nice list!

Congrats!
Posted By: McInnis Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/17/23
Wow! I would say you did something right raising that girl. I will disagree with something though, that revolver is too nice not to use.

Some of us were just talking about new Anacondas coming with front sites that are too short. You’re guaranteed not to have that problem with FA. They give you a front site that’s too tall and let you file it down to suite your needs. Why couldn’t all manufacturers do that?
Posted By: frank500 Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/17/23
Hope you wear it out! Quite a thoughtful gift from your daughter.
I don’t think I’ve bought a handgun that I didn’t have to put on a taller front sight.
While I’ve already been studying bullet molds and load data, I’m too old to really put it to use. When I “kick the bucket”, I’d like them to get it back in new condition……my parting gift to them!

Several of y’all have mentioned front sights being too short on some of your handguns….load’m real hot, the bullet is on it’s way before the muzzle gets much rise! 😉

Thanks for the compliments and well wishes…..I’m still just sitt’n here trying to rationalize what just took place! memtb
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/17/23
Fine business sir. It sounds like you did something right!

Not shooting it (with midrange loads if you are as old as I am) on the other hand would NOT be right.
Posted By: hardway Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/17/23
Wtf.... where's the pics? Congrats.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/17/23
Dayam, dude. Echoing that "somebody likes you a lot"!

Congrats. Now get some pics up! 🤩
Posted By: Swamplord Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/17/23
Now ya gonna have ta buy a bunch of H110, W296 and Lil'Gun

congrats on an awesome gift
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/17/23
congratulations!
Posted By: frogman43 Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/17/23
Sounds wonderful! Perhaps you'll show it to me the next time I'm in the area?

You should definitely shoot it....that range you have right outside your back door is too nice not to try it out on!

Congratulations!

Frog----OUT!
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/17/23
PICS PICS PICS.
Posted By: bjc68 Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/17/23
Fantastic gift! I wish I could have done something like that for my dad! I know I would rather have had him leave it to me well enjoyed and used! Take a picture everytime you take it to the range or field, and try to get someone to take a picture of you using it. Make a scrapbook of those pictures, and leave that and the gun to her. I cherish the pictures of my dad that I have from our shooting and hunting together. Please enjoy that fine gift! Merry Christmas!
Originally Posted by hardway
Wtf.... where's the pics? Congrats.

I suppose that’s a fair request! Here ya go! memtb

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: paul105 Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/17/23
Very nice gift. That's a beauty - love the Octagon BBl.

I can't handle full on 475s any more. The last time was in 2015 - wow didn't realize it was that long ago. A very nice load is 8.5 to 9.0gr of Win 231/Hp38. Here's a group I shot with 400gr Lees but it should work fine with any bullet weight. Here's a source of reasonably priced 370gr coated 475s https://tbbullets.com/bullets/polymer-coated-handgun/480-ruger/

8.5gr HP38 load
[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]

Paul
Posted By: MikeS Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/17/23
What a great gift, you will love it. Saw mention of Lil Gun powder in an above reply. Freedom Arms mentions specifically to avoid that powder due to flame cutting issues, at least in their .454...
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/17/23
Wonderful, congratulations.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/17/23
Wow, great gift!
Thanks again all, I came downstairs this morning to make sure it wasn’t a dream!

I’m still convoluted as to whether or not to use it. I made the mistake (or was it) to be at an estate sale with daughter and sil where a bunch of nib Henry’s and Freedom Arms were being sold. I talked about the quality of the FA firearms and my love for the Linebaugh cartridges. I guess they were listening more than I thought.

As I mentioned last night, they’ll get it back when I kneel-over, and I’d like it to retain it’s greatest value. Plus, I already from a 460 S&W for hunting and backwoods strolls!

On the subject of reloading, I use WW296 (same as H 110) in my 460 …..so that’s covered. I did spend a few minutes last night on the Accurate Molds website…..just in case I cave to my desires! 🙂 memtb
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/17/23
That is a good looking gun, and they are made to shoot. Get after it!
Posted By: Mackay_Sagebrush Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/17/23
Very Nice!

Better put it to lots of use. That is what would make me happy if I gave someone something like that. Years ago, I gave my dad a set of Swarovski binoculars for father day because I knew he would never buy a set for himself, and he was an avid outdoorsman. To his credit, those binos have a lot of edge wear on the body from being worn for many hours. Exactly as intended.

So go out and use your gift and enjoy it. They don't have to be full throttle loads. You can build some squirrel loads for it, but just go shoot it and enjoy.
Posted By: Bighorn Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/17/23
You are one lucky guy! By all means, do some handloading and go shoot it. I still own, and shoot, the FA .454 Casull that I bought almost 40 years ago, and it functions as good as the day I bought it, after thousands of rounds fired. I have a 475 Linebaugh BFR, that I have worked up some moderate loads for. A 410 gr. hardcast bullet at 1100 fps or so will do anything and everything you want the Linebaugh to do, without the heavy recoil of full power loads. I am also working up a load using a Montana Bullet 330 gr. hardcast bullet for use on deer-sized game. I have found IMR 4227 to be a good powder choice for moderate power loads, and it is readily available.

If you do decide to handload for it, better get started on the hunt for bullets, brass, and primers, all of which are scarce right now.
Man that’s impressive. Do you plan to shoot it occasionally or keep it in the safe? If I gave someone a gift like that I think I would hope they shot it at least a bit.

If they ever remake “Dirty Harry” they should replace the model 29 in the “do you feel lucky?” scene with this. Of course they would have to make some other changes in that scene as well.
I’ve read multiple warnings about ‘Lil Gun and if FA is even saying not to use it that must mean to take it seriously. I guess its burn rate is just too slow for handguns and that causes excessive after burning?

I bought a pound of it earlier this year when my LGS didn’t have any other handgun powders. I guess I need to find someone who reloads for shotguns to give it to.
Originally Posted by McInnis
I’ve read multiple warnings about ‘Lil Gun and if FA is even saying not to use it that must mean to take it seriously. I guess its burn rate is just too slow for handguns and that causes excessive after burning?

I bought a pound of it earlier this year when my LGS didn’t have any other handgun powders. I guess I need to find someone who reloads for shotguns to give it to.

I have a poor memory, and really didn’t study LilGun much after hearing about the “flame cutting”…..but, I thought that it was something to do with flame temperatures.

Perhaps someone that has researched it could enlighten us! memtb
Posted By: Cowboybart Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/17/23
Originally Posted by McInnis

It works great in the 450 Bushmaster - Let me know if you want to part with it. I'm in Clark

Shoot it, or else they will think you didn't appreciate it. There is "0" value to it unless you plan on selling it. Once they get it back, they will keep it because of the story that goes with it. If you don't shoot it- they will think that you didn't like it.
I hadn’t considered that…..another page in the book of conundrums! 🤔 memtb
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/17/23
I guess they don’t hate you, huh?
They are really art pieces that perform too..😊
Posted By: Redneck Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/17/23
Originally Posted by tankerjockey
Hell of a Christmas present!
Got THAT right! Those revolvers are OUTstanding! smile
Posted By: Daverageguy Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/17/23
You racked up!
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/17/23
Memtb: Good for you on the Happy Birthday and early Christmas gift!
Very thoughtful of your loved ones.
Good job you've obviously done.
Enjoy.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I did try, but not deserving of a gift of this magnitude! memtb
Do you ever come into Cody? I’m just off the Belfry Hwy north of town. Next time you’re this way let me know and that Lil Gun will be yours.
Posted By: Woodpecker Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/17/23
That story hits home with me. Not trying to step on your wonderful experience but my Wife did the same to me two days before my 50th birthday. I had been over to Riley’s Gun Shop in NH two days before since they were my go-to shop and I was good friends with the now deceased manager. I spotted a nice Freedom Arms 83 454 with a fitted spare cylinder in 45 Colt. I wanted it but I always ran my gun deals by my Wife as we are partners in everything. She gave me the green light so when I got free of my job the next day I drove to the shop. I asked for Denver, the mgr, and told him I wanted that gorgeous revolver. I was pumped like a high school kid with a date that had hinges on her heels. Then he told me the words us guys never want to hear, “ IT’s SOLD “. It wasn’t even under the counter anymore so I drove home totally bummed out.

Well next night I was flying out for a two to three month job in Bahrain and Dubai to repair a couple of wooden MSO Minesweepers that were very busy neutralizing Iranian mines in the Persian Gulf. I wasn’t going to be home for my birthday so after an early supper my Wife hands me a wrapped box inside a bigger box with a Happy Birthday. So what is this I’m thinking. I opened it to find the FA 83 and bagged Colt cylinder. My mind could not connect the dots then in a flash I realized it was the same gun ! My Wife was laughing then told me the story.

She had just flown back from NY and went straight to Riley’s. She asked for Denver and told him she was Rick’s Wife. His first response was ‘ I haven’t seen him he hasn’t been around honestly ‘. She explained the scheme and according to her by now three or four of the shop’s crew were standing around chuckling. They were amazed somebody’s Wife would do this and convinced that Rick sure has a great Wife. They actually couldn’t believe a guy was so lucky. Fact was they talked about this for weeks. I’ve never ever been blind sided and so happy in my life..

Rick
Great story……..and a great wife! Congratulations on both the wife and the handgun! memtb
Posted By: Rapier Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/17/23
FA makes one more fine, precision made revolver. No matter where you go, you are always well dressed with a FA.
Obviously, I’m still “straddling the fence” a bit…..but, if I put this to good use, what do y’all think of this as a bullet for those little strolls out in the country? memtb

Posted By: hillestadj Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/17/23
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Very Nice!

Better put it to lots of use. That is what would make me happy if I gave someone something like that. Years ago, I gave my dad a set of Swarovski binoculars for father day because I knew he would never buy a set for himself, and he was an avid outdoorsman. To his credit, those binos have a lot of edge wear on the body from being worn for many hours. Exactly as intended.

So go out and use your gift and enjoy it. They don't have to be full throttle loads. You can build some squirrel loads for it, but just go shoot it and enjoy.

Unsolicited opinion but I'd share the same sentiment as Mackay.

If I bought my dad a similar gift only to find it unused years later after his passing I believe I'd be a bit sad/disappointed. I would have purchased it for him to enjoy, not for me to inherit/resale later. JMO.
An astute observation!

That would be the last thing that I’d want to do…….that said, I’m leaning toward using it!

So……what do ya think of my prospective bullet? memtb
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/17/23
Originally Posted by memtb
Our daughter and SIL will not be around here for Christmas, so we exchanged gifts today!

My gift was my birthday and Christmas combined! Never in my wildest imagination would I have even begun to imagine this……A Freedom Arms, Model 83, Premier Grade, 6” Octagon barrel, 3lb. trigger and trigger stop, in 475 Linebaugh!

Wow doesn’t even begin to describe my emotions! It’s simply too nice to use! memtb

Cool paperweight
Posted By: JGray Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/17/23
Obviously, I’m still “straddling the fence” a bit…..but, if I put this to good use, what do y’all think of this as a bullet for those little strolls out in the country? memtb

Congrats on the awesome gift! As to that bullet, I'm thinking gas checks are likely not needed unless you're running them full throttle. I'd also check the nose length vs your cylinder length to make sure it will fit (the nose looks pretty long on that one).

I like the Lee 400 gr in my 480 Rugers. It's a plain base bullet that works fine with WW alloy, but I've only loaded them to 1000-1100 fps. 400 gr at 1100 is approaching 45-70 blackpowder rifle performance in a handgun. That seems like plenty for anything I'd want to shoot.

The 370 gr bullet that paul105 linked to looks like a good one that I'll probably order some to try.
If I do this, it will be powder coated wheel weights. The velocities will be kept under 1200, so as you say….I should be fine without using a check. I’ll save my checks for my 460 S&W and my 45-70…..checks have gotten outrageously expensive these days! memtb
Posted By: Epishemore Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/17/23
All go down to the tasting room in Kirby to celebrate.
Posted By: memtb Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/18/23
Some of the family went and tried the bourbon …..they weren’t impressed! But, maybe they’re just not bourbon connoisseurs! 😉 memtb
Posted By: dvnv Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/18/23
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Very Nice!

If I bought my dad a similar gift only to find it unused years later after his passing I believe I'd be a bit sad/disappointed. I would have purchased it for him to enjoy, not for me to inherit/resale later. JMO.

Plus one more for this thought. If I bought something good for my old man, I'd want him to use it. If I got it back when he died, it would mean so much more if it showed use.
Fwiw, a 370 gr will do anything needed in the USA at 1,000 - 1,100 and be easier on the hand.
Posted By: McInnis Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/18/23
I’m curious memtb, did they find it on a shelf somewhere or have it made to spec by Freedom Arms? I’m wondering what the wait time for something like that is from the factory?
A friend of my daughter and SIL bought a large quantity of Henry’s , Freedom Arms, and a few Ruger firearms NIB from an older gentleman that he knew. They (daughter and SIL) bought several items from their friend…..I was with them when they looked at the guns. I saw this one, “drooled” on it a bit, talked about the cartridge…..and was surprised last night with it as a gift! In my wildest dreams……I never expected this! memtb
Posted By: hardway Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/18/23
Originally Posted by dvnv
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Very Nice!

Plus one more for this thought. If I bought something good for my old man, I'd want him to use it. If I got it back when he died, it would mean so much more if it showed use.
Fwiw, a 370 gr will do anything needed in the USA at 1,000 - 1,100 and be easier on the hand.

Yup.... gotta shoot it or you'll have bad ju-ju on you 😉 I would have already ordered a holster lol.
Posted By: frogman43 Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/18/23
"As I mentioned last night, they’ll get it back when I kneel-over, and I’d like it to retain it’s greatest value."

My friend, the greatest value this firearm will ever have is that it was YOUR gun and you used it to hunt with! Your family will consider that over all other things.

Just don't let your wife use it to shoot a critter with! grin

Frog----OUT!
Originally Posted by frogman43
"As I mentioned last night, they’ll get it back when I kneel-over, and I’d like it to retain it’s greatest value."

My friend, the greatest value this firearm will ever have is that it was YOUR gun and you used it to hunt with! Your family will consider that over all other things.

Just don't let your wife use it to shoot a critter with! grin

Frog----OUT!

Thanks Frog……I value your recommendation! 😉 memtb
Posted By: Doc_Holidude Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/18/23
Beautiful hogleg sir! Use it like it was meant to be used.

Wait…I have an idea…since you are still so shocked and in disbelief, and still not sure you should use it…the best, most unselfish thing you could do is RE-GIFT it to ME! Your daughter and son in law seem like great people, they’d understand. 🙃
Originally Posted by Doc_Holidude
Beautiful hogleg sir! Use it like it was meant to be used.

Wait…I have an idea…since you are still so shocked and in disbelief, and still not sure you should use it…the best, most unselfish thing you could do is RE-GIFT it to ME! Your daughter and son in law seem like great people, they’d understand. 🙃

😂😂😂😂 They’re great people…..but, that may be pushing their generosity a little bit! 😉 memtb
Posted By: Willicd76 Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/19/23
Seems like not using it would almost be a slap in the face to those who loved you enough to gift it to you!
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/19/23

Speaking of conundrums.... it is such a beautiful revolver but again if you are getting a bit long in the tooth the only way to appreciate the accuracy would be to mount a red dot.... Last time I looked they had holsters ready to sell set up for that.

Just saying cool
https://www.starlinebrass.com/475-linebaugh-brass

For the most part when SL is accepting back orders that means in production soon
Posted By: memtb Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/19/23
Originally Posted by 2ndwind

Speaking of conundrums.... it is such a beautiful revolver but again if you are getting a bit long in the tooth the only way to appreciate the accuracy would be to mount a red dot.... Last time I looked they had holsters ready to sell set up for that.

Just saying cool

Yep…..had to do that with my S&W 460. It was transformed from a 50 to 70 yard handgun to a 150 yard handgun……provided I have a good rest!

I was pretty disappointed that Galco doesn’t make a holster for it…..wanted the Kodiak same as I have for my XVR.

Speaking of rest, at my age, after typing all of this ……I need a rest! 😉😁 memtb
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
https://www.starlinebrass.com/475-linebaugh-brass

For the most part when SL is accepting back orders that means in production soon

Thanks, I found that this morning……which only added more quandary! Another excuse for not using it….”squashed”! memtb
Here let me help you shop some more..... cool

https://www.acmebullet.com/Bullets/475Cal/370Grain

I've been pleased with all the Acme bullets I tried.... in stock and ready to ship. They come in cool wooden boxes too. A nice touch.
https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/0004435208/480-ruger475-linebaugh-roll-crimp-3-die-set

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/0004499240/-number-40-shell-holder-(475-linebaugh480-ruger)
Thanks 2ndwind,

You folks are really making it difficult “not” to use this thing! 🙂

The bullets won’t be needed……I’ll cast my own. But, I really appreciate the information on the dies….considering the pricing on everything firearm related and the absence of many things, seeing dies available and at a decent price is good to see! Thanks, memtb
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/20/23
I cast some bullets too and understand the appeal but dude 30 cents each coated and in stock..... the part of you that doesn't think you should shoot it is just trying to run the clock out. wink

Plus the World news just keeps getting more off the wall day by day.... don't wait until the balloon has gone up and maybe no one gets to shoot it.... sick

Okay, I'm probably done now. As you have probably guessed by now a Premier Grade Freedom Arms is an itch I never got around to scratching. I have several big bore well tuned S&W and a few Rugers that are very accurate and have all the power I'm ever going to need for hunting in my area.... just trying to live vicariously cool
Posted By: jaydub in wi Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/20/23
Congrats on the gift. Since you cast, you might want to get one of Mihec's 385 HP molds. There's a lot of info over on the single actions forum. Of course I could loan you mine.
Posted By: SheriffJoe Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/20/23
With an octo barrel, no less!
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/20/23
Looks like you are having fun. You must be loved. Be Well Brother, RZ.
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/20/23
RZ makes an excellent point. You would likely become even more loved if you were to say post a bunch of photos or maybe even You Tube clips of working up ideal loads at different power levels.... and then took it hunting....

What you have is basically the ultimate grail gun for handgun hunters everywhere....

Paul 105 did something similar here writing about his S&W Model 69s.I took the plunge and with the X frame grips an action job a Vortex Vemon red dot in a custom belt holster it has become my favorite handgun of all time. It's light enough that I can forget I'm even wearing it. From a seated position both my wife and I can hit a 6" steel target 10 out of 10 times at about 70 yards.

Brian Pierce writing in Handloader Magazine has caused me to buy a S&W 625 that came with a gold bead sight we adder a Crimson Trace laser grip to it. My lovely Southern bride is a doctor now but she grew up shooting rats in a commercial chicken house with an air pistol. She came home one day after I'd developed some loads the gun liked. I asked her to see what she thought about the results. Offhand at about 15 yards she put all six shots into one ragged hole. She turned to look at me and said "You could pick which internal organ you wanted to hit in an attacker with this". Southern women are great buy you sure don't want to give them cause to be mad....

Pierce also wrote about mid power .45 Colt loads in a S&W Mountain gun. I have a 280 grain cast HP bullet that does an easy 1050 FPS. I mounted an Ultra Dot on it and am extremely pleased with the results.

I call this revolver my "Iceberg gun".
When I was a kid I met some one who had an N frame S&W converted to .45 Colt. He was standing up on a high bank overlooking Lake Erie during the ice break up and shooting icebergs flowing by at ranges that would make Elmer Keith proud.

My latest grail gun project is a Fusion Arm 10 MM. It needed a taller front sight and some action work. I put a green Crimson Trace laser grip on it. I bought 2 Sparks holsters for it and now have enough Starline brass in stock to last the rest of my days.

This is some thread drift but I'm trying to stop nagging Memtb about shooting his revolver.... I thought the "What is you grail gun" question would be an interesting one to ask.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/20/23
Wonderful - like a 3 lb Swiss watch! - congrats!
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/21/23
While I’ve already been studying bullet molds and load data, I’m too old to really put it to use. When I “kick the bucket”, I’d like them to get it back in new condition……my parting gift to them!

This is just me but if I gave someone a nice gun and they never put some wear on it I mght think they didn't really like it.

On the other hand a well used gun by a relative is always a keepsake.

They want you to shoot the crap out of that revolver. Don't have to be wrist snapping loads.

350grs at 800fps is pretty fun stuff.

Again, if they wanted a NIB FA revolver they would not have given it to you.

DO THE RIGHT THING and shoot it a bunch.
Posted By: DesertMuleDeer Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/28/23
I would shoot it and run a Keith profile of some sort--something like the below. In the Freedom Arms, you'll have to watch bullet diameter closely with this bullet to get it to chamber because of tight tolerances.

Keith bullets are my favorite in revolvers. Unlike some designs, they'll stabilize out at 200 or 300 yards, but still have enough meplat diameter to make things happen at 50 yards on a big-game animal. With that said, the driving band on a Keith has to be sized to chamber in a FA.

I would run the bullet around 1,000 fps or a little less to keep recoil down. You may need to experiment with what powder you use. Some of the dirtier burning powders can lock a FA up on occasion.

https://www.montanabulletworks.com/product/475-linebaugh-lbt-340gr-swc-k/
Posted By: DesertMuleDeer Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/28/23
I forgot to add: Beautiful revolver and one you can use with sentimental attachment. You can't beat that.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/28/23
What a generous gift!
Posted By: memtb Re: Beyond Stunned! - 12/28/23
A Thanks Again to all that offered congratulations! Still considering shooting it, and it will be cast only. Very likely bullets will be over 400 grains and “rumbling” around @ around 1100 mv! If used….it will see use on big game at close range…..as I can’t shoot with irons anymore! 🤬 memtb
Posted By: carrollco Re: Beyond Stunned! - 01/09/24
mentb:You have evidently been a good boy this holiday season. You family thinks highly of you to honor you with such a gift. My idea of a gift is something you would not purchase for yourself and is highly appreciated and useful. Their gift to you fits all the parameters. The Bible talks of being a cheerful giver but you also need to help out on the receiving end of the gift giving. Firearms are highly functional tools and art. Use this gift and cherish it. Think of it as an heirloom that only increases in value monetary and sentiment wise. They would want as much. This coming from someone that family says is hard to buy for. I have my Dad’s old pocket knives, Jones hunting cap, and one rifle. They mean much to me because of the memories made with them.
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Beyond Stunned! - 01/11/24
Maybe just call freedom arms and ask them for suggestions about which bullet mold? They might be interested to know how much interest this thread has generated and somebody from the company might want to chime in.

Great threads so far!
Posted By: Robster Re: Beyond Stunned! - 01/11/24
Man that's a thing of beauty!! Congrats on such an awesome and thoughtful gift. I think you should shoot the hell out of it!!
© 24hourcampfire