Home
I have a 6" barrel Colt Target Woodsman, early 70's version. Looking for suggestions for a holster
probably will have to get someone like Simply Rugged to make one.
Internet is a great place to find vintage holster that would be a nice fit. All mine ride in period correct Heieser, Idaho Leather Works and Lawrence.
Originally Posted by docdb
I have a 6" barrel Colt Target Woodsman, early 70's version. Looking for suggestions for a holster

Safariland Leather used to make them. I do not know if they still do. Check 'em out.

L.W..
Hunter still makes some.
I'm a big fan of Simply Rugged
There may be holster jobs El Paso Saddlery won't take, but I've never heard of one. They're still making very good stuff, and if you're willing to spend over $100 on it I'll bet one of theirs would make you happy.
I don't know where you live, but around here there is a saddlemaker in every other town. I didn't like any factory patterns ( I wanted a Slim Jim with a flap for pre Woodsman Colt, long barrel) so I took it to the saddle shop...2 days later I had a top quality holster that FIT, which cuts down on blueing wear...for eighty five bucks.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Best way I've found to get what you want is to make it yourself. Being left handed makes this even more true for me.
Very nice holster. Looks like a perfect match to your old colt. 👍
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Hunter still makes some.

That's exactly what my Colt Woodsman rides in, an old Hunter holster!

Frog----OUT!
This recent thread introduced me to a new source for leather, and I found one that I could use at a very reasonable price:

[Linked Image from i.etsystatic.com]

Hop on there and see if there's one available for your Woodsman...and if they don't have it, there are a jillion other holster makers offering stuff.

I have not received mine yet, but I should have it in about a week. Maybe I'll critique it here.
© 24hourcampfire