Home
Posted By: BlackBranchFarm Right from factory? - 01/15/24
I am interested in an edc handgun that you don't have to work on. Tired of glock projects, disappointed in Sig and Dan Wesson. Looking for a 3.5 to 4 inch barrel, 12 to 15 rds of 9mm, 3.5 lb trigger, optic ready, and can shoot into 2 to 2.5 inches at 25 yds.

I think WIlson Combat Sfx9 is what I am looking for, but I have never seen one in person. Ed Brown makes something similar, but again, I have never seen one. The CZ shadow compact is interesting too. Are there others?
Has anyone tried the Wilson Combat Glock 19s? How was the trigger? Was slide to frame fit better than factory?
Posted By: Beoceorl Re: Right from factory? - 01/15/24
CZ's are among the best (if not the best) out of the box.
Posted By: Exchipy Re: Right from factory? - 01/15/24
Originally Posted by BlackBranchFarm
I am interested in an edc handgun that you don't have to work on. Tired of glock projects, disappointed in Sig and Dan Wesson. Looking for a 3.5 to 4 inch barrel, 12 to 15 rds of 9mm, 3.5 lb trigger, optic ready, and can shoot into 2 to 2.5 inches at 25 yds.

I think WIlson Combat Sfx9 is what I am looking for, but I have never seen one in person. Ed Brown makes something similar, but again, I have never seen one. The CZ shadow compact is interesting too. Are there others?
The S&W Equalizer might work for you. But, it appears to be well below your desired price range.
Posted By: STRSWilson Re: Right from factory? - 01/15/24
I've got a CZ Shadow 2 and a P226-XFive Legion. Both were pretty impressive out of the box, but the Shadow 2 is a better shooter for me.

But my most accurate 9mm is a S&W 5906 PPC. Hands down crazy accurate. Shame they are no longer manufactured.
Posted By: hardway Re: Right from factory? - 01/15/24

You need training, not another pistol.
Posted By: memtb Re: Right from factory? - 01/15/24
I surely hope that my Springfield XDS doesn’t require extensive, daily maintenance! If so, I think I’m in deep doo doo! memtb
Posted By: Exchipy Re: Right from factory? - 01/15/24
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
… my most accurate 9mm is a S&W 5906 PPC. Hands down crazy accurate. Shame they are no longer manufactured.
Won’t dispute that!
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]Always that one flyer, anymore it seems.
Are your Glock projects Gen 5s?

With dots?
Posted By: Redneck Re: Right from factory? - 01/16/24

Kimber KDS9C. 4" barrel, two 15 rd magazines. Basically a 'commander' size. The KDS9C "Rail" item is really optic ready, (IIMHO) but it's about five bills more expensive.. Does come with an ambi-safety though...

https://www.kimberamerica.com/pistols/kds9c
Posted By: Ramsdude47 Re: Right from factory? - 01/20/24
The easy button is CZ P-10c or p-07. The p-07 is the top choice of Honest Outlaw on YouTube.
Or just whichever flavor from CZ floats your boat.

The pro series of the Shields get glowing reviews too.
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Right from factory? - 01/20/24
I just purchased the new FN Model-503, Striker-Fired, 9mm, Carry-Pistol at Fleet Farm... On Clearence.

Single-stack magazine (slim) - and about the most comfortable handgun I've ever held.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Right from factory? - 01/20/24
CZ 75D pcr compact was as close to perfect out of the box as anything I have handled. Over 20 years now. All I have felt it needed was high viz sights.
Posted By: JGray Re: Right from factory? - 01/20/24
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
CZ 75D pcr compact was as close to perfect out of the box as anything I have handled. Over 20 years now. All I have felt it needed was high viz sights.

I was looking for a PCR and couldn't find one, so went with the P01. Everything about these is excellent except the sights, but that's an easy fix. I went Dawson FO front and adjustable rear and couldn't be happier. Probably the most accurate semi-auto handgun I've ever owned.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Edit - just re-read original post and optic ready requirement which eliminates this one.
Posted By: DaveinWV Re: Right from factory? - 01/20/24
SIG P228 & P229.
Tired of glock projects, disappointed in Sig and Dan Wesson. CZ shadow compact is interesting too. Are there others?

The CZ Shadow 2 Compact looks interesting, and appears to be optic ready. In a non-Glock/Sig/DW, that should be a good one...
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Right from factory? - 01/20/24
Shadow2 Compact is sweet....

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
You about have me talked into one! Is the optic footprint RMR/Holosun compatible?
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Right from factory? - 01/20/24
you can get whatever plate you want. mine is for the holosun eps carry.
Posted By: Triggernosis Re: Right from factory? - 01/21/24
Originally Posted by Beoceorl
CZ's are among the best (if not the best) out of the box.
Agreed. CZ 2075 Rami for EDC concealed carry or a CZ 75D PCR if you wear big britches and a good belt.
Posted By: Beoceorl Re: Right from factory? - 01/21/24
Originally Posted by JGray
You about have me talked into one! Is the optic footprint RMR/Holosun compatible?

The Trijicon RM01-RM09 share the same footprint with the Holosun 407C, 507C, and 508T. There may be other matches, but these are the ones I know of.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Right from factory? - 01/24/24
BlackBranchFarms: Glock!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Right from factory? - 01/24/24
Well, I dunno what your problem is with Sig, but besides S&W M&P's or Glocks, I'd advise you to seriously look at the Beretta Compact & the Sig 229 Legion.

I carry both & they are fine for EDC or vehicle guns or house guns, & you can be confident in both should you have a serious encounter.

I have slicked up the Beretta trigger with some spring changes but the Sig needs nothing & has the best sights available IMO.

I did recently buy a new Beretta X version & the trigger on that one is good as is.

Outside of a 1911, the Sig has about the best feel in the hand as any gun I have ever handled.

Both carry just fine for me & easily conceal in the AIWB mode.

Both are more accurate than any Glock I've ever fired, in my hands.

MM

© 24hourcampfire