Home
Posted By: tbear99 first handgun deer kill - 11/20/08
I also put this in deer hunting section but do to a handgun kill i thought it belonged here also

ok i shot my first buck tonight only second buck i've shot at in I also put this in deer hunting but being the handgun did it i thought it also belonged here.
my life first 20 some yrs ago when i was 9.I'm the guy that will shoot the doe everytime and pass on buck unless it's a nice rack.A meat hunter basically.Tonight the deer showed broadside about 40 yrds easy shot shot with my trusty 16ga and missed and gun didn't cycle so i set it down and drew my 475 linebaugh and shot went about 15 yards and dropped

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Whitworth1 Re: first handgun deer kill - 11/20/08
Great job, TBEAR!! What is the load you are using in your .475? I will be using mine this season. That's a fine buck! Congratulations!
Posted By: HawkI Re: first handgun deer kill - 11/20/08
Congrats! And welcome to the addiction....(grins)

The handgun has replaced the slug for me (at least the satisfaction part).
Posted By: tbear99 Re: first handgun deer kill - 11/20/08
hate to admit it marko but beinmg i shot up all my linebaugh ammo without realizing it.i used 325gr hp/xtp 480 hornady
Posted By: Whitworth1 Re: first handgun deer kill - 11/20/08
TBEAR -- that's okay! I once used Spear Gold Dot 325 grain soft points in my .480 on hogs -- I won't do that again! Hey, it sure seems like it did a good job! Again, congratulations!
Posted By: jwp475 Re: first handgun deer kill - 11/20/08

That's a very nice buck and a great accomplishment, congratulations
Great job!

That is a really nice looking buck!

I've carried handguns off and on for 25 yrs while deer hunting and never fired a shot...and never shot anything with a rifle while carrying a pistol.

Mike
Congratulations! You won't want to hunt with anything else.
Posted By: RickyD Re: first handgun deer kill - 11/20/08
Nice buck!
Posted By: jwp475 Re: first handgun deer kill - 11/20/08

You missed the first shot with the shotgun at 40 yards, you are a better shot with the handgun
Posted By: tbear99 Re: first handgun deer kill - 11/20/08
i hate shotguns but that is our mandatory long gun i think i must of bumped the red dot out of line.To miss at that range
© 24hourcampfire