Home
I decide to visit the local gun store today and just couldn't past this one up. I have been looking for a light weight carry 45 acp and after picking this one up i was sold. Springfield Champion LW 2 tone from Davidson Galley of Guns. Fully loaded with night sights and ABI Safety. I tried the Winchester Personal Protection 230 gr and it shot them about 3 inch high at 15 yards . I then tried the Speer Gold Dot 185 gr and they where dead on with the fixed sights so the Gold Dots will be my carry load. This pistol is almost as light as my Kahr 9mm P9 and will now be my primary carry for a while. One other thing i replaced the factory mags with the 8 round Wilson's. Combat.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Very nice. I'd put some nice coco bola double diamond grips on it.
I may change the grips but the one it feel really good.
Nice little pistola Sir, I am sure it will serve you well.

I like everything about it, especially the colors-
and the "grips".
Very nice.
I like it.
Super Cool.
Everything you need and nothing you don't...

How will it be carried?

Bob
Don Hume inside the pants holster
i own an identical one, zero complaints, serves me very well, have put aproaching 1500 rds through it, and never had a malfuncion, excluding a failure to slide into battery due to my own reloading screw up
that's a sweet looking piece. really. nice...

-tom
I have a Chas Daly compac that size, that sleeps in my truck console, but it's not that purty. That two-tone is outstanding. Mine carries Hogue rubber mono's. I know, I know, but I don't carry it. I had imitation ivory, but I shoot the mono's better. Very accurate and has never missed a shell in the 15-20yrs since I bought it new.
Nice. I have been eyeballing a new 1911. That looks nice.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Very nice. I'd put some nice coco bola double diamond grips on it.

all due respect hawk...

scru that. staghorn grips or go home.

if the schit comes down, i'm gonna dance in style.

just me...

-tom
Very nice!
I like it too!
nice ,i just bought my first springfield last week . its a XD40 SUBCOMPACT. i just got my laserlyte laser/flashlight combo for it a few days ago.
Sweet pistol, how difficult is it to conceal compared to your Kahr?

The Kahr is a little bit easier to conceal but not a whole lot. I use the Don Hume inside the pants carry and the 1911 rides between my left hip and the center of my back . I just wear a loose short sleeve shirt and no one knows I'm armed. Overall not a lot of difference in the two. I have carried no other pistol since i purchase this one and I carry 24-7. I carry one extra eight shot Wilson clip on the right hip in a Don Hume single clip holder. The good thing is the holster and clip holder are for both the 1911 and the Kahr so didn't have to buy separate carry gear for each pistol. This is the carry 1911 I have been looking for, one that doesn't feel like you are carrying a brick on your side.
I might need to look into something similar. I'm of rather slight build, at 6' 190lbs, so it is sometimes rather difficult to conceal a full size 1911.

My main concealment problem is that I like to tuck my shirt in, it really puts a crimp on your options.
© 24hourcampfire