Home
Friend of mine has a S&W Airweight 5 shot 38 Special, with the Crimson Trace Grips.

She's looking for a speed loader. Are there any known conflicts with using them on this model, with the grips indicated?

I've read where some times the loader can't clear the grip.

Thanks.
Only way to know is try the HKS "J" loader, some grips do block them but I have never tried them with the CT grips.
The laser is on the right side so it's not in the way. Which model grips does she have, LG105, 305 or 405? They appear from the web site that they are all cut to allow for speedloader usage. It depends on what model she has and which brand of speedloaders she's using.
I'm going to acquire the speedloader. I'm the church armorer.

Which will work best, depending on the grip?
Safariland Comp 1 are smaller length wise than the HKS for the J frame. Push to load works a bit easier in small spaces for me. It boils down to whether you like the push to load or the twist to load. There's also the Maxfire ones that Dillon sells that have no moving parts. Just insert and pull away from the cylinder.
I also carry a S&W 5-shot Airlite, and I'm partial to the Bianchi Speed Strips. They carry and conceal flatter and easier than a speed loader, and they can be used for a 5 or 6 shot revolver.
I like the HKS, but they are what I learned on and used when working.

EDIT TO ADD: I now use the Bianchi Speed Strips for CCW as they are more concealable
Luckily, this lady is ripe for instruction as she has no other experience to bog her down. So whatever works best is on deck.

She conceals in a specialty purse, and I suspect the strip or speedloader will be kept in the purse as well.

I have 0 experience with the speed strip.

I use speed strips exclusively, but I don't carry a purse. For someone carrying a purse, the bulky speed loaders may not be a problem. However, you can't top off with speed loaders, while you can with the speed strips.
Another one to try is the Maxfire speedloaders. I bought a couple just to try and they work really well for my model 60. They require a little different manipulation than the twist and go of the HKS, but like you said, a new shooter has no habits to break.
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduc...p;utm_medium=free&utm_campaign=10613
© 24hourcampfire