Home
Posted By: minnmarcus Limited 101st Airborne Para - 08/13/10
Got a son currently attached to the Air wing of the 101st serving in Afganistan. Sent me an email the other day about an offer from Para -Ordnance for members of 101st to buy limited edition their PXT Hi-capacity .45 engraved with the 101st logo, night sites,& 5 mags for $740!!! Sounds like a great deal to me, as dealer cost on the unengraved model, no nite sites, and 2 mags is $841! How collectable would these be? Any thoughts would be welcome. Thanks
Posted By: RJM Re: Limited 101st Airborne Para - 08/13/10
I would grab 2!!

Bob
Posted By: Odessa Re: Limited 101st Airborne Para - 08/13/10
Private limited edition firearms are a crap shoot on value - look at some of the NRA and DU guns that languish in gunshops at high prices. Then some others are hot as firecrackers. Me, if I had served in the 101st, I would buy one just for that reason and enjoy owning and shooting it. It is below the regular dealer cost, if I liked the model I would buy one in a heartbeat - not as an investment, but as a tribute to my service.
We had limited run SIGs from our deployment and other manufactures do the same. We spoke to S&W about a custom M21 but couldn't generate enough interest in a wheelgun. Anyway I don't think the monetary value will ever be more than a standard production (and maybe a little less), but the sentimental value will always be there for the ones who deployed with the unit. The price is right since it is a bulk purchase if you want one though...
I'm with 101st in Afghanistan now. Which AVN unit is your boy with?
I know 159th is stateside.
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Limited 101st Airborne Para - 08/14/10

I would think a "Private" edition for an "Airborne" Outfit presently engaged in combat, WOULD have a lot more potential value to many serious Collectors. Certainly more value than most all the run-of-the-mill "Commemorative Issues".

I would only hope they DON'T put a 'gold' trigger on it ...
He's with 96th ASB 101st CAB Task Force Trouble Shooters. He's a CW2
© 24hourcampfire