Home
Posted By: valad S&W 659 value? - 09/22/10
I inherited a S&W 659 SS 9mm from an uncle (he gave to my dad...his brother and my dad gave to me when he passed away). Has box and all paperwork. My uncle lived in Miami burbs and being a Marine he always had handguns although in later years he sold off a few of his handguns.

This one I have I have not shot but it is/feels blocky to me. I like the feel of the 1911 better. Since it is a bit hefty it may have its benefits. I have not shot it. I have no sentimental value to this piece even though it was my uncle.

My dad said if I did not want it to sell properly and get gun out of my uncle's name (don't think it was ever transfered to my dad.)

So I am inquiring what it is worth. Its in good condition and stainless. Probably less than 200 or so through it.

Thanks for any ideas you can offer.
Posted By: RufusG Re: S&W 659 value? - 09/22/10
They don't go for much as the later third generation guns (5906, etc.) are held to be more ergonomic and reliable. I'd say $350 but you might get more.
Posted By: T LEE Re: S&W 659 value? - 09/22/10
Yep, in the $300-$350 range would seem about right.
Posted By: valad Re: S&W 659 value? - 09/28/10
Thanks for chipping in. I've never sold a gun on GB...anyone know what they charge to list a gun? Guess I better go check that site out this evening. I have thought it would get me about $300 or so so you guys confirmed my thinking.
Posted By: T LEE Re: S&W 659 value? - 09/28/10
Don't use GB so can't help ya there.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: S&W 659 value? - 09/28/10
If there is a gun show in your area, many let you walk in and check your gun and walk around and sell it inside the show. There is also a classifieds section here. Price anything right and it will sell. If you sell it through here, call a few Pawn Shops and see what they charge to ship a handgun USPS in a flat rate box. I pay $10 plus the flat rate and do the running for the FFL.
© 24hourcampfire