Home
Posted By: crow_sniper Best pocket pistol - 10/25/10
I'm in the market for a small pistol that will slip in a pant pocket easily,problem is I don't know much about them . I looked at the new s&w bodyguard and ruger lcp. Is the kel tek any good ,I haven't looked at one yet. Is a .380 my only option for a pistol this small? Give some reviews and help me decide which one to pick!
Thanks
Posted By: eh76 Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/25/10
Have heard good about kel tec and LCP..not much about the S&W Bodyguard. Good concept though.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/25/10
Bought an LCP yesterday. The more I study it, the more I realize that a lot of thought went into its design.

Basically, it's a refined Kel-Tec P3AT,...but it's been "buttered".

The entire backside of the grip frame and rear of the slide have been radiused and rounded so that is can be drawn from a pocket quickly with no snagging.

For an ultra compact .380 pocket pistol, the LCP is the way to go, in my opinion. It's just about as perfect as one of these things can get.
Posted By: croldfort Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/25/10
I have a .380 KelTec P3AT. No problems. It lives in my car, and slips into my pocket easily. I have a Beretta Mod 21 in .22LR that I carried before the KelTec. No problems with it, either.

I am looking very closely at the S&W 638 Airweight revolver. It is 15oz and can be used in single action with it's shrouded hammer. Good luck.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/25/10
S&W 642.
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/25/10
Kel Tec is good but the frigg'n trigger pull is tough
Posted By: T LEE Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/25/10
The two Colts in this pic are a 1903 Pocket .32 and a 1908 Vest pocket .25. The Kel-Tec is a 10 or 11 year old P-32, the revolver is a late 60's vintage model 60 no dash.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: T LEE Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/25/10
The two most carried guns I own and I usually carry both at the same time.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Posted By: tbear99 Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/25/10
NAA guardian personally i carry a mauser 1910 32 acp fron WWII and feel very comfortable
Posted By: WoodsStalker Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/25/10
Smith 642 or 638 with a Crimson Trace.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/25/10
I guess I'm just old school, but I still like my old Walther PP best. (Not that I feel the need to carry any pistol around in my pocket, but if I did, it would be the old Walther.)
Posted By: MichiganScott Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/25/10
S&W 642.
Posted By: magnumb Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/25/10
642/442.............wink.
Posted By: croldfort Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/25/10
I have the KelTec .380 and a Beretta Mod 21 Bobcat .22LR. No problems with either. I am looking very hard at the S&W Mod 638 AirWeight. It can be fired in single action with it's hammer shroud. Good luck.
Posted By: ColsPaul Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/25/10
Depends on the size of the pocket!

Current favorite :
Walther PK .380

If my pockets were big enough?
12 ga pump! LOL
Posted By: SteveS Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/25/10
Originally Posted by ColsPaul
Depends on the size of the pocket!

Current favorite :
Walther PK .380

If my pockets were big enough?
12 ga pump! LOL

yup, I agree--if you are an X Large guy, try a Sig 232 (or 230, the predecessor)and have some coin;
Fairly large for a pocket gun, but slim profile
Will feed every ammo out there with no jams
Won't bloody your hand when the hammer / slide comes back!
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/25/10
S&W 642, I also have the LCP but haven't carried it much as the 642 really isn't a bother.
Posted By: Barkoff Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/26/10
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Bought an LCP yesterday. The more I study it, the more I realize that a lot of thought went into its design.

Basically, it's a refined Kel-Tec P3AT,...but it's been "buttered".

The entire backside of the grip frame and rear of the slide have been radiused and rounded so that is can be drawn from a pocket quickly with no snagging.

For an ultra compact .380 pocket pistol, the LCP is the way to go, in my opinion. It's just about as perfect as one of these things can get.

Has anyone tried the grip and round extension?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/26/10
Nothing wrong with any of the handguns mentioned in this thread, but the LCP/Kel-Tec type of pocket pistol is a totally different catagory than many that are mentioned.

An all steel J frame Smith or a Walther PP are very large and heavy in comparison.

An LCP in your pocket is about like carrying a wallet,...a very thin wallet.
Posted By: boatboy Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/26/10
I dont carry much I have an LCP its really compact. Much more than compact (width especially) a J frame but I also have a Keltec pf9 and with just a bit larger gun (really not much) you can carry 9MM. I also had a Keltec P11 statically its not much bigger but it really is. Its a double stack too fat.My daughter nick named it "a hand full of hell"

Put some low recoil Fed 9mm in the pf9 its my choice.

Hank
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/26/10
"Pocket" things.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: boatboy Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/26/10
PS in the 380s the Ruger is just a bit more refined without question.Also when you decide you want something else "its a ruger"
Posted By: orion03 Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/26/10
My two favorites are a Ruger LCP and a S&W 637 Airweight in 38 Spl.
Posted By: Tonk Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/27/10
I will put a plug in for those Walther PPK's!
Originally Posted by Tonk
I will put a plug in for those Walther PPK's!
Not really a pocket gun, unless you mean coat pocket.
Posted By: ColsPaul Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/27/10
New Walther, PK 380.
Shoots so good, I'm wearin it out!
Posted By: cobrad Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/28/10
I went with a Kahr PM40. A bit on the big side for jeans pockets, but works if the pockets are roomy. Good part is it is a good shooting,reliable and powerful little outfit. They make a PM380 that is even smaller than my 40. When I put it in my IWB holster, I can wear it with shorts and let a t-shirt hang over it and it is unnoticeable.
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/28/10
Kahr PM 9 with night sights for me... very pleased with it.
Posted By: Desertrat Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/28/10
I would get a J-frame and put it in a Nemesis pocket holster....I do all the time and it works fine.
Posted By: Arminius Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/29/10
Walther PPK in .380, loaded with Magetch�s First Defense SCHP.

Add one spare mag usually, two if I expect trouble ( and need to be totally "undercover" )

Could also use my 2" Dick Special, the Model from the 70�s, with the shrouded ejector rod, with the original Colt Grips and 125 grs JSP�s + P. With one or two speed strips as backup, one with Rem 158 grs LSWCHP + P.

But the Walther is WAY flatter and MUCH quicker reloaded!

Hermann
Posted By: Arminius Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/29/10
P.S.: If I REALLY expect trouble I would seriously consider not to go there.

If I have to, FN HP, ca. Mid 90�s, cast, chromed frame, black slide, good sights, mag safe removed, Wolff springs throughout, with two spare mags, most mags MecGar ( i like the chromed ones ). Handmade, deeply checkered grips.

Ammo: the new Fiocchi with a kinda "hollow point" with a round tip in the middle.

Ammo supply: 1 + 12 + 12 or 1 + 12 + 18 ...

;-)

Hermann
Posted By: justy Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/30/10
I have a keltec 32.Best lil pistol I ever saw
Posted By: the_shootist Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/30/10
I'd recommend whatever pistol you like but go with an inside the waist band holster. Quicker to action, and less chance for a hang up on the draw.
Posted By: johnsavage Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/30/10
I had a Keltec PF9 and the trigger pull was simply awful. The LCP is prone to jamming I hear, and some like it, some hate it. Don't go near a .25, they don't have enough punch to do much more than irritate your assailant.

If money is no object, the Rohrbaugh R9 is perfect. It has been tested and NEVER jams, fires a full 9mm parabelum, holds 6+1 and is smaller and lighter than most .380's and is made like an SP101 for strength and quality. Need to change the Wolf spring every 100-150 rounds, which is simple. Costs about $1000. I splurged and never regretted it. Perfect summer carry pocket or IWB. Winter carry is easier because of bulky clothes and a revolver or even compact .45 is easy.

If you like a revolver consider a .327 magnum: fires .32, .32 mag and 327 magnum, holds 6 instead of 5. The 327 mag has light recoil and nearly the same impact on flesh as a .357 mag! Ammo was hard to find for a long time, but is now available.
Posted By: cobrad Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/30/10
I've looked at that Rohrbaugh. Looks like a nice gun. Lots of mention of the little Rugers. I have handled them and they just don't fit my hand right. As I hold them the barrel points down. If I ever actually need to use my pistol for defense I want something that points naturally. My favorite is the 1911. I am sorely tempted to sell my Kahr for one, but even the compact models are bigger and more difficult to conceal. I used to carry a 1911 commander, but it didn't hide well under a t-shirt and once at a grocery store I noticed a couple of people looking.
Posted By: mudstud Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/31/10
Nobody likes the little Sig P238's? They are pretty cool little 1911 wannabe's.
Posted By: T LEE Re: Best pocket pistol - 10/31/10
Their version of the Colt Pocket Lite, VERY nice little pistol.
Posted By: budman5 Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/01/10
I'm liking the Taurus TCP .380 lately
Posted By: LarryfromBend Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/02/10

Model 38 Airweight
[Linked Image]
Posted By: dryflyelk Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/04/10
Love my sig 238. It just disappears in a holster iwb. It's the first gun I've had that I don't mind carrying, and it's been 100% reliable.
Posted By: JefeMojado Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/04/10
Best kept secret around is the little Diamondback DB 380. An actual Mini-Glock as it were. Far superior to the rugers,keltecs et al....just a great little pistol for actual pocket carry.
Posted By: crow_sniper Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/05/10
Originally Posted by JefeMojado
Best kept secret around is the little Diamondback DB 380. An actual Mini-Glock as it were. Far superior to the rugers,keltecs et al....just a great little pistol for actual pocket carry.
glad you posted this,now i want one!!
Posted By: cobrad Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/05/10
I had not heard of the Diamond back. I want one too. That grip angle looks similar to the 1911, my favorite.
Me too, actually, just because. I had never heard of it either, but it's made locally for me, so might give it a try.

Posted By: ColdCase1984 Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/05/10
Only time I don't have Smith 442 Airweight in my pocket is when wearing jeans with too small pockets. Then I carry a custom Guardian .32.

IME J-frames are easier to get out of a pocket than the small autos.

When briefly in a civilian job I carried G23 in a PH made for a 27 as 511 pants had the room.

BTW, I carry the pocket Smith and a G27/19/32/35/29 (one at a time) in a strong side hip holster under a cover garment off duty with a full size mag for a reload. Two speedstrips for the .38 in my hip pocket.

Every time I go with just the .38 I see people I know are felons...
Originally Posted by ColdCase1984
Only time I don't have Smith 442 Airweight in my pocket is when wearing jeans with too small pockets. Then I carry a custom Guardian .32.

IME J-frames are easier to get out of a pocket than the small autos.

When briefly in a civilian job I carried G23 in a PH made for a 27 as 511 pants had the room.

BTW, I carry the pocket Smith and a G27/19/32/35/29 (one at a time) in a strong side hip holster under a cover garment off duty with a full size mag for a reload. Two speedstrips for the .38 in my hip pocket.

Every time I go with just the .38 I see people I know are felons...
What kind of grips do you have on your 442?
Posted By: Oldquailhunter Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/05/10
I always carry a Glock 27 and a Smith 642 off duty. I also always carry the 642 on duty in a pocket holster. I don't think I am a good enough shot to carry just the 642 if I would have to use it over about 10 yards. It also only carries five rounds which run out way to fast.

I really want a Ruger LCP but I don't think I could rely on it even for a back up gun. I have shot a couple and could not hit chit with it unless its at arm length. In my way of thinking thats just letting someone get to close.

Dink
Posted By: MurphysLaw Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/05/10
I like MY NAA Guardian .380, Keltec .32, and Walther TPH in .22RF (wish I could find one in .25 ACP).

That said, I rarely pocket carry.
Well i called 4 gun shops in my area and the only one was 20 mins. away who had the diamondback in stock so i went and checked it out.Nice looking gun but a tad bigger than the ruger LCP his price was $379+tax.,his ruger LCP was $359+ tax That sales guy had a piss poor attitude and acted like it killed him to show me a couple guns so i said screw him and went to another shop 5 mins away from my work.I bought the LCP and 100 rounds of winchester white box for $330. so im happy.I will try to run the box of ammo through it this weekend and break it in.
Posted By: THOMASMAGNUM Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/05/10
I would rather(and do) have the LCP any day.
Ruger will likely always be in business should service be needed, can the same be said for Diamondback?
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
I would rather(and do) have the LCP any day.
Ruger will likely always be in business should service be needed, can the same be said for Diamondback?
Good point.
[Linked Image]
here she is..
i hope it's a shooter.
whats a good holster to use ????
Originally Posted by crow_sniper

here she is..
i hope it's a shooter.
whats a good holster to use ????
A pocket holster. I like the ones made by Ahern.
Posted By: crow_sniper Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/08/10
[Linked Image]
Shot about 60 rounds today,no malfunctions.That little 380 had more POP to it than i figured.Target shot at 7 yards,i suck with a pistol.
Posted By: Outcast Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/08/10
Originally Posted by LarryfromBend

Model 38 Airweight
[Linked Image]

STOP !!!!

No more answers. WE HAVE THE WINNER

o
Posted By: Tonk Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/08/10
Well boys, I can appreciate wanting to carry a smaller pistol for the sake of hot weather but mostly for the ladies. I myself have no problem in carrying a GLOCK model 26 in my pocket. I also can NOT conceed giving the BAD guy the odds by only having a .308-auto in my pocket..........Sorry that is the way I see things on the street.

Never heard of Diamond but I am sure it works for now, don't know what the future is going to be like with this weapon or company. However, I will bet my house on GLOCK still being around and my GLOCK pistols working everytime out the gate. I had 2 Ruger LCP's and 4 Kel-Tecs and shipped them off to China!!! Perhaps...."GONE WITH THE WIND" would have been a better way to put it gents.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/08/10
You must have bigger pockets than me. I tried a Glock 27 in the pocket and it didn't come close to working for me. Aside from the size and the inability to get an effortless firing grip, the blocky rear of the slide isn't what I would call "snag free". I don't like the trigger or trigger pull for that application, either. But, that's just my opinion, and we all know what they say about opinions.
Posted By: Tonk Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/08/10
Next time your at the gunstore, take a hard look at one of those new Kahr's in Poly. You can bet your life on that pistol just as well as the Glock or H&K's.
Originally Posted by Tonk
Next time your at the gunstore, take a hard look at one of those new Kahr's in Poly. You can bet your life on that pistol just as well as the Glock or H&K's.
That's been my experience, for sure. I bought one of the first Kahr P-9s that came out, and it's been 100% reliable with any load I've tried.
Posted By: wvtradbow Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/09/10
I really like my LCP,I studied all the so called "mouse guns" before I bought mine,Sig makes a nice .380,I think it's on the Mustang frame but pricey,remember the LCP has no safety but does have a harder trigger pull.I realize it's a small caliber but I think you can make up a little difference with the type of bullet.I have bigger guns but they were just a little harder to conceal so as a result I did'nt carry as much,but this little LCP is so small,you don't even know you have it.I think I'd rather have a small caliber than none at all....IMO
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/09/10
S&W nightguard in 357 mag. w/ 158 golddots, no worries, just start squeezin.
Posted By: ColsPaul Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/09/10
Now, I gotta go check out Diamondbacks!
Posted By: Outcast Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/09/10
Go ahead and buy an LCP.

Ask yourself one question. When was the last time Smith & Wesson had a recall? If you are happy with recalled self defense pistols then by all means by Ruger.

Ask yourself one question. What major police force ever armed themselves with a Ruger product? Oh wait. I can answer that, Ruger gave a bunch of Mini 14s to some south african country. Believe they are all dead now.

O
Posted By: justy Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/09/10
Keltec 9mm all the way.
Posted By: Outcast Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/09/10
They aren't too bad. But ask yourself these things. Does cheap mean better? How much is your life worth? In a gun fight do you want the least expensive handgun around in .32/380 or a .38spl+p ...ever been in a gun fight by the way?.

No,prolly not. You've really just read about this stuff...haven't you?

O
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/09/10
Originally Posted by OUTCAST

Ask yourself one question. When was the last time Smith & Wesson had a recall?

Quite a few here,..and the list doesn't include the 586/686 recall for oversize firing pin holes,...that was a big one.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...001_750051_757987_-1_757978_757978_image
Posted By: Wtxj Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/09/10
I carried a LCP for about 1 1/2 years. Very easy fit in the jeans pocket. Traded the LCP for a Sig P 238. Am very happy the way the Sig shoots and the trigger pull. Still fits in the same pocket hoister and is just a little bit bigger. Will print if the pants are too tight so I just make sure I have the loose jeans on. I traded the LCP for only one reason------I didn't feel I could really hit a target past 20 feet or so and do much damage as to where I would hit the target. The Sig I can. This operator is not that good, so I felt I needed as much help as I could get. This is the third 380, the first one had mag problems, I guess, just wouldn't feed. I don't even remember which one of the two K's it was. Paid 250 for it at cabala's, kept it a few months and traded it back to the store for a G-17. Bought the LCP at a gun show when they were fairly new. I'm going to stick with the P 238. I like that one a lot. One fine small pocket gun.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/11/10
I liked the 360PD I had. Just don't shoot 357's out of it. 38+P's were fine, though.
Posted By: himmelrr Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/11/10
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Quite a few here,..and the list doesn't include the 586/686 recall for oversize firing pin holes,...that was a big one.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...001_750051_757987_-1_757978_757978_image

Ouch! shocked

RH
Posted By: THOMASMAGNUM Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/11/10

Guess you haven't heard of the new Night Guards troubles...
Posted By: Jlin222 Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/11/10
I like a Colt Detective Special or Agent with shrouded ejector rod and hammer shroud - easier to shoot well than the Smith 640/642, only slightly bigger, and nothing to hang up when drawing from a pocket. JMO.
Posted By: keith Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/12/10
My LCP is darn accurate at 9 yards. I load -.2g shy of a max load of Power Pistol with a 95g HP at 1040 fps.

To me if you are going to carry a 380, it should be darn small so that you can throw it in any pants pocket. Otherwise, I would be carrying a Kahr Cw9 or CW45.
Posted By: temmi Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/12/10
I'm Thinken the J frame...
Posted By: Tim M Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/12/10
my two "pocket guns" are a ruger LCR in .38 special and the S&W bodyguard .380. I've heard about a lot of problems with the BG380 but so far mine has been trouble free for 500 rds or so.
I like the LCR but i really like the BG380 when it gets hot. Found that the Wrangler cargo shorts have a small coin pocket at the bottom of the front pocket that fits the muzzle of the 380 perfectly-sort of a built in holster. if it's not there then it's IWB in a McCabes custom leather clip on.
Having said that-when i can dress appropriately i carry a Glock 27 IWB
Posted By: keith Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/14/10
I have 500 rounds at least through my Ruger LCP and yet to have a jam. Power Pistol powder and 95g Hp put this little pistol in another class.

I have a Stainless J frame with a trigger job done by the custom shop...will be on the market soon.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/15/10
Darn good deal on a LCP here

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth.../4572617/gonew/1/Ruger_LCP_380_FS#UNREAD

I have no interest in it, but I already have one.
Posted By: mountainclmbr Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/16/10
Has anyone pocket carried a Glock 29 10mm for pocket carry?
Posted By: ColsPaul Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/16/10
Originally Posted by mountainclmbr
Has anyone pocket carried a Glock 29 10mm for pocket carry?

That would be some BIG pockets.
I carry a G 20 but in big holsters and a Bianchhi shoulder rig.
The 29 is shorter ( in height ) and lighter because of the smaller magazine capacity, and less barrel but every bit as thick. 1.3 " at the grip 1.125 across the slide
I do love the 10 mm tho. it would be cool if someone would make a single stack carry friendlier 10 mm.
Posted By: tkinak Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/16/10
I think the Kahr PM9 and PM40 are worthy of a good look. The 40 is on my wish list. The 40 is .94 wide and the 9mm is .90 wide.

http://www.kahr.com/PA-1_40sw_pm.html
Posted By: Tonk Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/16/10
Now what is wrong with the GLOCK MODEL 29 I ask???
I have one and carry it daily, 10 rounds in the magazine and it still has plenty of get up and go with that 3.8 inch barrel. I handload 155 grain bullets in that sub-compact, carry 180's in the model 20 with 4.6 inch barrel.
Posted By: tkinak Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/16/10
Tonk, how do you carry your 29, on my wish list also.
"Now what is wrong with the GLOCK MODEL 29 I ask???"
Not a thing! Just not my idea of a "pocket pistol"
Like an Elsie Pea.

The 29 just calls for Bigger pockets

I'm packin a G 20 and 30 extra rounds in my shoulder rig now!
I'm partial to 180 grainers myself. Good compromise of weight and speed
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/19/10
I handled a Diamondback tonight thought the trigger was awful.

Sights were nice felt nice, but the trigger pull was bad!

My wife has a 380 Kel-Tec would buy another.
Posted By: cfran Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/19/10
Now, I gotta go check out Diamondbacks!

You do, I have one and find it superior to an LCP, not that the LCP is an inferior product. Just compare and you'll find out. Be warned some of these guns don't function correctly until you put about 250 rounds through them. Mine jammed a fair bit during the first 50 shots but hasn't jammed since then and I've got about 400 rounds through it. It's a well thought out gun at a decent price. I carry in in a pocket holster (not printable).
Posted By: cfran Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/19/10
You aren't going to get a nice trigger on a gun like this without a safety, shoot one and you'll come to find it's damn accurate.
Apologies for not reading the entire thread, but a couple of candidates:

S&W 642
Kahr MK9 Elite
Posted By: Jericho Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/20/10
I see Sig Sauer is making a 380ACP that looks like the
Colt pocket lite.
Posted By: RWE Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/20/10
The best pocket pistol is the one you didn't have to complete paperwork for....
Posted By: ColsPaul Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/20/10
I do love the 10 mm tho. it would be cool if someone would make a single stack carry friendlier 10 mm.

Like the S & W .40 snub reamed out a bit to 10mm
Posted By: ColsPaul Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/20/10
tho there is a very slightly used Elsie Pea in the used case for two fitty.
I dropped it into my polo shirt pocket and it snugged right in there!

I wifey has asked me to rein in gun shopping until after Christmas,
Every time she thinks she has an idea for me, I buy it!

God Love her, she's a keeper
Posted By: Babbitslinger Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/20/10
I'd suggest a makarov. I have an east german version and a bulgarian. Both never, ever jam and are surprisingly
accurate with that little 9x18 round. 8+1 helps.
Posted By: 2Seventy Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/25/10
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
S&W 642.

+1
Posted By: Tonk Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/26/10
KK-Alaska there is nothing hard about adjusting the spring on the Diamond back. You simply take off the grips and use a good screwdriver to take off some of the tension the spring is putting on the trigger. Same goes for the Colt Python!!!
Posted By: Tonk Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/26/10
I cary my model 29 Glock 10mm, on my right hip (I favor a Don Hume OSP holster) also carry the Glock model 20 in 10mm, under my left arm pit when in a vehicle, covered up with a vest or jacket. I don't carry extra clips, just an extra pistol because it is a hell of a lot faster should that pistol jam or run out of ammo.
Posted By: mountainclmbr Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/26/10
Tonk,

Do you think a Glock 29 can be pocket carried? I pocket carry a Kahr MK40. I live in tthe Colorado Rockies and have black bear problems usually in spring and fall. Would be more comfortable with 10mm than 40 against a bear when working in the yard or between house and car. Especially with the Double Tap Wide Nose Hard Cast Beartooth loads.
Posted By: GotAmmo Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/26/10
I haven't seen anyone mention the Lorcin 25 auto ?

Just lol I have one and you should actually just through it at them it would do more damage!!
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/27/10
Re Diamond Back trigger.

Pistol was a new one in a local shop, asked the owner if I could dry fire it he said sure. First time I tried it felt like trigger would never work. To my way of thinking I did not like it. Did a search and found a lot of people that were
not happy with there Diamondbacks.

My Wifes Kel-Tec 380 is reliable accurate and has a much better trigger than the one example of one Diamondback.
Posted By: Tonk Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/28/10
There is no doubt in my mind, that something was indeed wrong with that Colt Diamond Back you looked at in the store. I gave my wife my Colt Diamond Back years ago, after adjusting the spring and she could should the lights out. It just was not something she could carry on her in warm weather. We had no CCW permint in Missouri back then either. Now she carries a GLOCK model 27 (.40cal) on her person.

Now for the average women who does not shoot a lot mind you, the Glock model 26 is a better go as a defense weapon and it holds 10 rounds. Cor-Bon ammo and Pow R Ball ammo are very potent in a 9mm Luger caliber, delivers some 483 pounds of kinetic energy. In comparison the .38-spl only has 290 to 325-lbs of energy. The .40cal S&W has 535-lbs of energy, compared to a .380-auto at 190 using Cor-Bon defense ammo, which you can NOT do in a Kel-Tec according to the company.
Posted By: JOG Re: Best pocket pistol - 11/28/10
You're thinking the wrong Diamondback: Diamondback Firearams
Posted By: keith Re: Best pocket pistol - 12/01/10
Quote,"The LCP is prone to jamming I hear, and some like it, some hate it." WRONG! WRONG!

I know of thee guys that shoot the LCP and I have personally never seen one jam.

The LCP is a tiny gun, Quick and easy to reload.

If you reload for a 380, Power Pistol Powder from Alliant with 95g Speer gold dots at 1040 fp are extremely accurate out of my LCP and brothers.

My Kahr CW9 is my next step up in a carry pistol. A load of 7.8g of AA#7 with a 124g Speer Gold dot@1240 fps groups with the bullets touching at 9 yards. The CW 45 with 9.6g of AA#5 with a 182g Speer Gold Dot or 185g Golden Saber shoots a ragged hole at 9 yards off a rest, the CW45 is ungodly accurate for a pistol of it's size.

I have a Walther PPK and it is a horrible belly gun.

My Smith Stainless model 60 is a difficult pistol for me to shoot accuately and I did have the Smith Custom Shop do a trigger job on it in the late 80's.

A Glock 26 feels like I am carring around an anvil, great car gun.

What ever pistols you try shoot them a lot, practicing reloading. If there are IDPA matches in your area, shoot often, great fun for the whole family, and check out the Glock Matches sponsored by Glock...Bad guys run in tribes, usually 3-5 in a pack.
© 24hourcampfire