Home
Posted By: John_Boy Trade: GP 100-- for a S&W M&P - 01/13/11
Ok guys, heres the deal. I've had a trade offer. An individual wants to swap his S&W M&P 45 with night sites for my 4" SS GP 100. He says his M&P is worth $500. He hasn't asked for cash differnce yet. What do y'all think? Is the M&P Glock quality comprable? Springfield XD comprable. Or maybe I should just keep the GP and buy a 1911? I already have a Glock 17.
Keep the GP100. I'd do anything to get back the one I foolishly sold several years ago. When all your other hqandguns turn to dust, the GP100 will still be defending your life & limb.
JMHO
Sourmash,
Thanks for the advice. If I don't get any takers on my classified by this weekend I may just cancel the listing.
I am a 1911 guy and always give my friends heck about there polymer guns, but I shot an M&P 9 and actually really liked it. It would still be hard for me to trade a Gp100 for it.
The GP100 is an awfully nice .357. His .45 ought to be worth every penny of $500 though, especially given the night sights.
Posted By: RJM Re: Trade: GP 100-- for a S&W M&P - 01/14/11
Although a S&W lover if limited to one gun being a .357, I would take a GP100 stainless 4" over anything else. The one I have has the original stocks and a set of Hogue rubber finger groove. The black front sight was also changed out for a FO which makes seeing the sight in low light conditions easy...

Keep the GP100 and just save up for a .45 or 9mm...

Bob
You won't catch me trading my GP100. With a little trigger work that thing is sweet. I'd concur with the others and just save your pennies for the another pistol.
Posted By: TWR Re: Trade: GP 100-- for a S&W M&P - 01/15/11
I had a 6" GP100 several years ago but it got traded for who knows what.

I've had a M&P 9MM for a few years now and it ain't going anywhere. I think of it as a refined Glock and I shoot it pretty well but I trust it and that's the important part. Greatest pistol I've ever owned.

I'll be the oddball and say I'd trade in a heartbeat.
© 24hourcampfire