Home
My wife wants a magazine loader to use with her 1911. There are only about 5 different brands. Does anyone have a favorite?

Thanks!
The UpLulu works great. It works on single and double stack mags.
That one seems to get the best reviews too...

Thanks!
I second the UpLuLa, I showed mine to a buddy and he went out and bought two, he said he would never be without one.
I use my thumbs, works for me. smile smile smile
Me too. 1911 mags are the easiest ones I've loaded. But I can understand Wade's wife wanting to be strong and completely independent in operating her new pistol. Good for her! smile

It's been three days now and I'm STILL as happy as can be for Wade!
Originally Posted by Newguy
The UpLulu works great. It works on single and double stack mags.

Works great on a Glock, I haven't tried it on my 1911.
I went out and bought me one, that's what I used at the Bowling Pin Shoot to reload my magazines. The ones that came with my two XD's is what sold me on them.
Check out this video -

Thumbs.

Even girls have'm and .45s are easy to load. Of course, some would say she "Married" her magazine loader!

Dan
laugh
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
Thumbs.

Even girls have'm and .45s are easy to load. Of course, some would say she "Married" her magazine loader!

Dan

My wife already figured that one out ....

You could always hire an illegal for the day smile
1911's?
They don't hold enough ammo to need a loader, even if brand new.
I will use one on high capacity mags until they are broken in.
Fellas, fellas, fellas,

Give me a little credit here. First, I recognize that single stack 1911 mags are about the easiest thing to load. But, you have never met my wife. She is the weakest thing on the planet! She can't open jars, bottles of pop, or even ketchup. She can't load more than 5 rounds into a magazine. It's just life.

So, rather than tell her to toughen up and make her feel bad, I am getting her a loader. I don't mind loading for her, but she wants to be able to do it herself, "like a big girl!" smile

An upLula is in her future...
I think they're ribbin' you Wade .... I'm married to the same woman. As long as I can get her out shooting I'm fine with helping her with her magazines.

She's good with the 10/22.

Give me an update regarding the upLula .... we'll see if I can't dig up the scratch for one.

I agree that 1911 mags are easy to load, where the Uplula shines is loading the double stack XD, or Glock type magazines.
© 24hourcampfire