Home
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Big tip of the hat - 03/01/12
to Mackay Sagebrush.

I was recently looking for 50 round boxes of good defensive pistol ammo. He PM'ed me with an offer to sell a couple of boxes of Speer Gold Dots at a very good price and I took him up on it. He mailed it before my check got there. The package arrived today and inside were the two boxes of Gold Dots and also a half box (25 rounds) of Federal Hyda-Shok's which was a really pleasant surprise.

I know he didn't do this for public approbation but I thought this warrants a big public thank you for going above and beyond.

Thanks!
Posted By: SLM Re: Big tip of the hat - 03/01/12
He is a stand up kinda guy, he was very helpful and patient helping me pic my first AR.
Posted By: safariman Re: Big tip of the hat - 03/01/12
He is DEFINATELTY one of the good guys here, whose opinions I look forward to reading and whose thoughts and posts I respect.

Posted By: RJM Re: Big tip of the hat - 03/01/12
..you are not kidding... Out of the blue he writes me when he sees I have a PTR91 and offers to send me his ARMS Mount that still had the dust from Afghanistan on it...and he won't take any money...

I'm just glad when he inherited that 1903 Colt .38 AUTO I had a box of ammo laying around that I could return the favor.... That and a bag of what he describes as the best chocolates he ever had were mailed right off....so Mac is an admitted Chocoholic....

Rule of THREE:
When someone does you a favor do them THREE in return.
The first one is payback,
The second one is interest.
The THIRD one guaranties that person will do you a favor again in the future.

When someone screws you, screw them back THREE times over.
The first one is payback,
The second one is interest,
The THIRD one guaranties that person will NEVER screw with you again.

Bob
Thank you guys for the kind words.

It all flows in circles.

RJM sent my little girls some home made style chocolate mints (with the .38 ACP ammo for the family Colt)that I will admit I stole more than a couple myself.

We have no shortage of good guys on here.

Cheers!

Posted By: DocRocket Re: Big tip of the hat - 03/01/12
Good stuff, guys.
Posted By: RJM Re: Big tip of the hat - 03/01/12
...Mac, I think the word you used to describe the relationship between you and that bag of mints was "hoarding..."

But that is ok...more will be on the way...don't want the little ones to go hungry....

Bob
Posted By: Maarty Re: Big tip of the hat - 03/02/12
Originally Posted by safariman
He is DEFINATELTY one of the good guys here, whose opinions I look forward to reading and whose thoughts and posts I respect.

+1000

If two guys say something about a handgun and he says something different I'm more inclined to take his opinion. In fact that goes for his opinions in general, I think he's a very genuine and knowledgeable guy who shares his opinions in a friendly and open manner while showing respect to others and their opinions.
Posted By: debbiety Re: Big tip of the hat - 03/05/12
Kind Behavior
bless to him blush
Originally Posted by debbiety
Kind Behavior
bless to him blush

Oh good grief guys, I think we got spammed!

And thanks for the kind words Maarty, I appreciate it.

Yes Bob, I will admit "hoarding" may have been mentioned....:)
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Big tip of the hat - 03/06/12
Huh.
````

Well, I ain't never got nothin' from nobody, no time.

And until I get somethin' from somebody, sometime ...

I ain't never gonna do nothin' for nobody, no time. smile
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Big tip of the hat - 03/06/12
Originally Posted by P_Weed
Huh.
````

Well, I ain't never got nothin' from nobody, no time.

And until I get somethin' from somebody, sometime ...

I ain't never gonna do nothin' for nobody, no time. smile
Did you see I credited you with turning me on to the CDNN specials which resulted in me getting my pimp gun? Thanks again.
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Big tip of the hat - 03/06/12

Aww shucks ... blush
Posted By: eh76 Re: Big tip of the hat - 03/06/12
Originally Posted by debbiety
Kind Behavior
bless to him blush

Jessica is back eek but I will bet that is another iteration of another well known troll here... mad
Posted By: Magnumdood Re: Big tip of the hat - 03/06/12
Mac is one of the good guys, shonuff'!

© 24hourcampfire