Home
My current favorites for my favorite girlfriend are:

The Fobus paddle for my G22. It was ridiculously tight at first, but some moderate sanding made it more better. Very comfortable. Slips over a pack's hip belt with ease (depending on the hip belt of course) and the price is right.

[Linked Image]

This holster was built by a local saddle maker. I have no clue why he chose to mix colors, but it is comfortable as hell and carries great. And it is just P-I-M-P .
I've tried other shoulder holsters and didn't care for them, but this thing is fabulous. Not to be used with full pack, but is just dandy with a day pack.

[Linked Image]

I showed you mine. Now you show me yours.

Travis
Mexican holster I picked up for $20 for a K-4 but fits an N-4 just as well maybe better:

[Linked Image]

I need to be more careful with that strap. I had just taken some pics of the gun unholstered.
Originally Posted by deflave

It was ridiculously tight at first............ Very comfortable.
\Travis

Yea.....but what's that got to do with the Fobus?? Tell us more about your girlfriend!
It's a G22! Can't you Texans read? grin

Travis
That is some cool leather Rufus! I dig the floral.

Travis

Travis

You had me going to but then I remembered Travis hates women so he means the Glock.
I'm currently on the warpath, over losing a S&W mfg, lined leather holster for a 3" Model 24 that I recently aquired. I liked that holster so much I carried it around for years waiting till I ran up on a gun to fit it. Now when I have the gun, I can't find that stinking holster.
This is my favorite field carry holster. It's extremely comfortable, secure, and easily accessable. It's above the waiders, out of the way of the pack Frame. It's made by survival sheath systems�. I have used this holster with a 4" 629 and a flock 20. I have a new one coming for my new nightguard 329.

[Linked Image]

Another good holster is the bladetech dropped offset holster. I've been pretty impressed with the desantis thumb break for. Normal daily carry.
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Travis

You had me going to but then I remembered Travis hates women so he means the Glock.

Quite the contrary, I LOVE women. All of them.

Travis
Originally Posted by Josh Sorensen
This is my favorite field carry holster. It's extremely comfortable, secure, and easily accessable. It's above the waivers, out of theway of the pack Frame. It's made by survival sheath systems�. I have used this holster with a 4" 629 and a flock 20. I have a new one coming for my new nightguard 329.

[Linked Image]

Another good holster is the bladetech dropped offset holster. I've been pretty impressed with the desantis thumb break for. Normal daily carry.

I like it. Wish they had a setup for a 3" Smith model 24. I'd be sending for one.
I could dig that Josh. Thanks for posting it.

Travis
Gotta love the $20 Fobus. Cheap, simple and gadget-free. As is the G23 I carry in it. (Thumb operated gizmo levers on a holster, really?)

Travis

laugh

So she's 22. And she was tight at first. Brings back a few good mammaries.

My fave is the Sparks 200AW for my 5.5" Bisley's. The one I most use and the most practical is the Old El Paso Saddlery 1927 for my 4" Ruger MKII.

I tried a Blackhawk Serpa in paddle mode last summer and have been using it almost all the time since then.

[Linked Image]
For 5" 1911s, it's hard to beat the old Bianchi Askins Avenger, on a good stiff belt.
[Linked Image]

Here is another shot of the Survival Sheath systems chest holster with my 4" 629. he will custom make pretty much any gun you have so don't count out that 3" 624

Same holster glock 20
[Linked Image]
Josh, I like the look of that rig. Is yours set up with the butt up or down? I like the utility of a butt-down config, but I'd be leery of any holster being able to hold the weight of a Mountain Gun without a retention strap.
I'm supposed to pick up my custom made holster for the Governor today.
Originally Posted by 338Federal
Gotta love the $20 Fobus. Cheap, simple and gadget-free. As is the G23 I carry in it. (Thumb operated gizmo levers on a holster, really?)

Yes sir.

But haters gonna hate....

Travis
I agree ratsmacker. Bianchi puts together some good stuff, and you don't have to wait six months... grin

Travis
Those Serpas are pretty slick Shane. I think more guys like them and use them than will admit... wink

Travis
Josh,

I think your Survival Sheath holster is going to be the route I take with my Delta. The price sure isn't wrong on that rig.

Travis

Travis

Travis

To hijack your thread a wee bit and then I'm gone.

Love is defined as great affection, devotion, or strong sexual desire.

I doubt that you have great affection and devotion to women or women hood. All you probably have is a strong sexual desire.

Like is defined as pleasing, agreeable or attractive.

I doubt that you find women or women hood pleasing and agreeable. You probably do find women attractive.

Hence, like about 98 percent of all heterosexual males, you find women to be attractive and sexually desirable and after you have sex you say to yourself now what do I do with them.

It has been my observation that a man who says his present girl friend is a gun is probably a misogynistic male.

Now back to the regularly scheduled programing and no further interference from me.
El Paso Saddlery for my 4" N-frames
[Linked Image]

It has been my observation that a man who says his present girl friend is a gun is probably a misogynistic male.

If there's a prize for reading too much into an off-handed remark on the internet, I think you just won.

He gets the prize for being a bitter old queen.
DD is a [bleep] idiot. He doesn't hunt or fish, I don't even think he owns a gun.

Why are tards like him and okok even here?
Speaking of the OP, I've got an off the shelf Bianchi that fits my Taurus Tracker .44 mag like a glove, and fits great on my belt or waist strap.

Ultimate cheapo utilitarian rig for a cheapo utilitarian guy like meself.

No pictures! can't find the charger after the move!

Originally Posted by RufusG
Mexican holster I picked up for $20 for a K-4 but fits an N-4 just as well maybe better:

[Linked Image]

I need to be more careful with that strap. I had just taken some pics of the gun unholstered.

Anyone know where i can pick up something simliar for my k frame?
Those Serpas are pretty slick Shane. I think more guys like them and use them than will admit... wink

Travis

I didn't know the Serpa was a controversial holster until I started a thread about it on the Sniper's Hide a while back. Kinda crazy.
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
For 5" 1911s, it's hard to beat the old Bianchi Askins Avenger, on a good stiff belt.

I have a well worn Avenger. Carry a Glock in mine. I like it a lot too.
Wait a minute, my Avenger holster is made by Galco.
Bianchi Lawman for the Ruger SBH,

[Linked Image]

Travis

Travis

To hijack your thread a wee bit and then I'm gone.

Love is defined as great affection, devotion, or strong sexual desire.

I doubt that you have great affection and devotion to women or women hood. All you probably have is a strong sexual desire.

Like is defined as pleasing, agreeable or attractive.

I doubt that you find women or women hood pleasing and agreeable. You probably do find women attractive.

Hence, like about 98 percent of all heterosexual males, you find women to be attractive and sexually desirable and after you have sex you say to yourself now what do I do with them.

Now back to the regularly scheduled programing and no further interference from me.

I know exactly what to do with them you fuggin' tool, I buy 'em breakfast.

Go back to watching Lifetime.

Travis

PS- I was just kidding about buying them breakfast.

If there's a prize for reading too much into an off-handed remark on the internet, I think you just won.

At least I learned a new word out of that post. Misogynistic...

Travis
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Speaking of the OP, I've got an off the shelf Bianchi that fits my Taurus Tracker .44 mag like a glove, and fits great on my belt or waist strap.

Ultimate cheapo utilitarian rig for a cheapo utilitarian guy like meself.

No pictures! can't find the charger after the move!

Not a cheapo my friend. A Fobus is a cheapo... grin

Travis
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

Travis

I didn't know the Serpa was a controversial holster until I started a thread about it on the Sniper's Hide a while back. Kinda crazy.

Oh yea. Didn't you know all the guys that use them for duty are one step closer to death?

Travis
That's what I soon discovered. Also the Serpa is not a good holster for MMA cage fighting.
Originally Posted by ColeYounger

I really don't appreciate your bringing a Governor into the conversation, grin but speaking of local makers...

[Linked Image]

This is for my 396. Great belt holster but hooks right up to Simply Rugged's Chesty Puller Rig. This is my favorite custom leather. Made locally.

Travis
That's what I soon discovered. Also the Serpa is not a good holster for MMA cage fighting.

For all weight classes? Thank God for the internet...

Travis
It's a real deathtrap of a holster. After multiple self-inflicted gunshot wounds to my strong-side thigh, I just wear my kevlar chainsaw chaps everyday now. That solves everything.....grin.
Originally Posted by ColeYounger

I really don't appreciate your bringing a Governor into the conversation, grin but speaking of local makers...

[Linked Image]

This is for my 396. Great belt holster but hooks right up to Simply Rugged's Chesty Puller Rig. This is my favorite custom leather. Made locally.

Travis

Whodat?

At least I learned a new word out of that post. Misogynistic...
Travis

Better have that checked out, sounds serious......

Maybe a misogynicologist could prescribe treatment?
Originally Posted by keystoneben

[Linked Image]

Anyone know where i can pick up something simliar for my k frame?

An El Paso Saddlery "Tom Threepersons" would be close but doesn't hang quite as low as this one. I'm sure other makers have something similar.

I know exactly what to do with them you fuggin' tool, I buy 'em breakfast.

Go back to watching Lifetime.

Travis

PS- I was just kidding about buying them breakfast.

Pheww....

I thought they were supposed to make you a sammich, not have you buy them breakfast!

George
I like a full flap holster for field use. I am a 'revolver only' field guy guy though, seeing them to be much more versatile than semi auto pistols.
I designed my own, and have had several made for both belt and across the chest carry.
It's a real deathtrap of a holster. After multiple self-inflicted gunshot wounds to my strong-side thigh, I just wear my kevlar chainsaw chaps everyday now. That solves everything.....grin.

Gotta me one tough Marine to withstand all those self inflicted gun shot wounds...

Travis
Rancho,

His name is Josh Chase. Does saddles primarily, but can make anything.

Travis
Have a website?
Bianchi Lawman for the Ruger SBH,

[Linked Image]

I'm fond of those Lawman holsters, too, along with the design of the old Lawrence "Keith" holster. I made one of those myself, and on the right belt, you could literally forget you even had a Super Blackhawk on your side.
Originally Posted by 338Federal
Have a website?

He may. I will have to ask him if it is up and running. Another member asked for his info, but I have to get it from him this week. I lost my old phone.

Travis
i just started playin' with Kydex

[Linked Image]
Sweet! Will you build me something?

Travis
I wear a SERPA darn near every waking day. When I'm not, it's one of these.
[Linked Image]

A Safariland for my 586

[Linked Image]

Holster for 22/45 that I made, Bianchi Black Widow for a CZ. I've had a couple of that model for different guns.

[Linked Image]

And this is my best holster. A super expensive, ultra-custom belt slide rig from the well known and highly sought after maker, Uncle Mike's. My folks gave me that 6" 629 when I graduated high school, I soon thereafter got the holster for it. I've been trying to wear it out for 15 years, and haven't done it yet. I've packed this holster in a half dozen states, horseback, muleback, afoot. When I'm in the woods, it's with me. Always, been a constant companion. The best thing about this particular line, is after about 8 years it loosens up enough to wear crossdraw!
Uncle Mike's should pay you. That holster is invincible.

Travis
"Highly sought after maker, Uncle Mike."

LMAO.

Travis

Travis

yea. the problem with holsters though, is i gotta have the gun and shipping/recieving handguns is a PIA (i'm not FFL).

i've done sheaths for guys on the board though...
And it is beautiful too! If, like me, you think pretty is as pretty does.........
Originally Posted by toad

Travis

yea. the problem with holsters though, is i gotta have the gun and shipping/recieving handguns is a PIA (i'm not FFL).

i've done sheaths for guys on the board though...

Non-issue since we're in the same state I thunked?

Travis
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
And it is beautiful too! If, like me, you think pretty is as pretty does.........

Absolutely.

Travis

Travis

correct, but i can never convince the counter monkeys to look it up in their rule books
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

And this one belongs to a fellow forum member:
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt209/gregintenn/Holster%20Project/IMG_1390.jpg[/img]
[Linked Image]
\I'm kind of fond of this one.
Originally Posted by toad

Travis

correct, but i can never convince the counter monkeys to look it up in their rule books

Plan B:

I drive to you, buy you beer as payment for the holster, and drink said beer while you make the holster.

Travis
I'm diggin' those basket weaves!

Travis

Plan B:

I drive to you, buy you beer as payment for the holster, and drink said beer while you make the holster.

Travis

if we can get the gun here, i'll make this happen

or if i happen to have the same make/model i can use mine to form it.
PM inbound.

Travis
I have a ton of holsters but this is by far my favorite one...

US Army Issue....

[Linked Image]

Jayco
Nice leather logcutter!

Travis
A Tom Three Persons is great IF THE HANDGUN DOESN'T HAVE A PROJECTING REAR SIGHT.
[Linked Image]

Hard to beat a Bianchi 5BHL
[Linked Image]

This is a 45 year-old Buchheimer that I modified.
[Linked Image]
A deflave payment plan?
I used to hate flap holsters when the department made us wear them back in the 70's and 80's. But now that "queeks draw" is no longer a vital concern, I really like them for open carry use with my field guns. They are comfortable to wear, protect the hardware from scratches and finish wear and are "queek" enough for woods bumming and hunting use.

[Linked Image]
I did not know that about the rear site on a Threeperson's Larry. Thanks for the info.

Travis
The only handgun I ever carry is a full size 1911, and the only holster I have for it is the Del Fatti SLP that my wife got for me as a Christmas gift a while back...

I haven't carried a backpack in years, and doubt if the SLP would go well with one... For any other purpose though, it's all that I want or need...

I have run with it, jumped, fallen, slid, and rolled... The pistol it holds is always right where it's supposed to be, comes quickly to hand, and goes back easily into the holster when I need it to...
And all that without mechanical fasteners, springs of any sort, or gimmicks...
Extremely well made, and well fit...

I could see me owning a different 1911, but my holster choice has been made, and will remain the same...
[Linked Image]

This is my El Paso Saddlery "Tom Threepersons" holster, in which resides (for the moment) my S&W 29-2. I've carried this Model 29 or my M625 Mountain Gun on most of my hunts for the past 6-7 years. The M29 mostly gets carried to barbecues and pin-shooting matches, though, for a bunch of reasons, the main one being I can do more stuff with 45 Colt handloads than I can with 44 Mag loads (like make REALLY good snake/rat-shot loads).
I like my Simply Rugged holsters but have not tried many of the ones mentioned in this thread.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by 257heaven

It was ridiculously tight at first............ Very comfortable.
\Travis

Yea.....but what's that got to do with the Fobus?? Tell us more about your girlfriend!

Let me know how you can tighten up the GF...

I can't afford a new one!

wildhobbybobby:

Who makes the oxblood holster, upper left?

I did not know that about the rear site on a Threeperson's Larry. Thanks for the info.

Travis

You're welcome. It doesn't bother everyone but I dislike that exposed adj sight --- I'm either banging it on a piece of machinery or wearing a hole in a Pendleton shirt.

With a Ruger FlatTop; that sight will open up a forearm on contact. cry
wildhobbybobby:

Who makes the oxblood holster, upper left?

Triple K:

http://www.triplek.com/Products/id/38/grp/409/prd/134/

If you want it for a semiauto, they have one with a magazine pouch attached:

http://www.triplek.com/Products/id/38/grp/409/prd/1418/

wildhobbybobby:

Looks good. Looks new. Are you happy with it?
holster gack?
wildhobbybobby:

Looks good. Looks new. Are you happy with it?

It was a bit tight when I first inserted the revolver but fits well now. I just ordered two more of them from Triple-K. They work best as cross draw holsters.

Worth a try for my 629, then. Thanks.
I had never seen those from Triple -K. Thanks wildhobby.

Travis
© 24hourcampfire