Home
Posted By: Pewi S&W 455 Mark II second model - 11/12/12
Hi!
I own a S&W 455 Mark II hand ejector second model, made for the british army. It was later rebored to 45 Colt. It has the usual british stampings - and a six-digit serialnumber. But only 74000 were made. The serialnumber is 2039xx. It is stamped under the barrel and under the frame of the grip. When you open the cylinder you can see a "6510" stamped on the frame opposite the hand of the cylinder. Do you know, why the serialnumber is so high?
The "Standard Catalog of S&W" says the highest S/N should be 74755, so maybe that's a number the Brits added? Pics might help.
Posted By: Pewi Re: S&W 455 Mark II second model - 11/13/12
I dont think so. The number is stamped in the same way as on the other revolvers. Maybe the number on the frame wich is covered by the hand could be an inspectionnumber. I will try some pics - if my daugter has the time to help me. Too old.
Posted By: Pewi Re: S&W 455 Mark II second model - 11/13/12
I dont think so. The number is stamped in the same way as on the other revolvers. Maybe the number on the frame which is covered by the hand could be an inspectionnumber. I will try some pics - if my daughter has the time to help me. Too old.
© 24hourcampfire