Home
Posted By: GunGeek New Year's Resolution - 01/07/13
Here we go guys...In relation to handguns, complete this sentence.

"This year I'm going to..."
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/07/13
Purchase something for my mom. She indicated last week during the holidays that she wanted something of her own. Open to suggestions.
Posted By: RJM Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/07/13
Originally Posted by KevinGibson

"...sell more than I buy".

(Fat Chance)....Bob
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/07/13

I ain't thought about it yet, but was I you, one of mine would be "I ain't gonna do no more callout threads on Bricktop...". lol
Shoot more!!!

Now that I'm retired, I have more time to get as good as I once was......Or maybe as good once as I ever was...(GRIN!)

Virgil B.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/07/13
Finish the Commander project smile
Posted By: safariman Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/07/13
Become more proficient with my Delta Elite 10mm, and help my wife do the same with her new PF-9.
Posted By: Czech_Made Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/07/13
Master the Ruger Super Blackhawk.
Posted By: derby_dude Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/07/13
Try and get a Colt SAA.

Try and not let stupid run my day.
Posted By: Boococky Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/07/13
Finally get my reloading setup going and start turning my piles of brass into ammo!
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/07/13

Get more range time, and if I can arrange it, take another defensive handgun course.
Posted By: derby_dude Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/07/13
Originally Posted by Boococky
Finally get my reloading setup going and start turning my piles of brass into ammo!

That's what I'm trying to. First, got supplies but no gun yet from the custom shop. Second, got a different gun but having hard finding supplies. I hate Washington DC! mad
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

I ain't thought about it yet, but was I you, one of mine would be "I ain't gonna do no more callout threads on Bricktop...". lol

LMAO!

I have got to start shooting more (I have been to the range three or four days already).

Dink
Posted By: Take_a_knee Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/07/13
Break 90 on the Rogers' Test.
Posted By: TheWarrior Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/07/13
I'm gonna smack something with my .44.
Posted By: TheWarrior Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/07/13
Oh yeah, and add a least a couple more Smiths to the safe.
Posted By: northcountry Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/07/13
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Get more range time, and if I can arrange it, take another defensive handgun course.

Mannlicher I second that motion. Cheers NC
Posted By: johnw Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/07/13

Sounds amusing???
Posted By: EdM Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/08/13
buy a S&W 41 Mag shortie before I move to Australia... Today, in fact. grin Now I am done until I get registered to possess and acquire over there. We shall see.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Oregon45 Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/08/13
I'm going to have custom grips made for the guns I currently own; have a few worked on by Hamilton Bowen and Alan Harton, and keep on buying classic S&W's as I find them.

I'm also likely to buy whatever Lipsey's exclusive Ruger Flattops come out this year. Hoping for a 45 Flattop Convertible Bisley...
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/08/13

Buy my only handgun.
Posted By: 222Rem Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/08/13
Get my reloading bench cleaned off and organinzed. THEN tackle the rest of the Cave!

For anyone who's ever played Tetris, my Cave looks like the last few seconds of the game........ blush
Posted By: FreeMe Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/08/13
Finish the project of obtaining at least one decent holster for every handgun I have.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/08/13

Yeah, good call.
Posted By: LSU fan Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/08/13
Get some profesional instruction. Commited to taking a class this year.
Posted By: Zrack656 Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/09/13
Someone posted on here not long ago they did not think it possible to shoot 500 rounds in a single day. I want to prove them wrong...twice.

-Z
Posted By: Old_Crab Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/09/13
shoot at least a couple hundred rounds per month
Posted By: LSU fan Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/09/13
Originally Posted by Zrack656
Someone posted on here not long ago they did not think it possible to shoot 500 rounds in a single day. I want to prove them wrong...twice.

-Z

Did someone actually say that? Pretty stupid. Plenty of classes out there with 500rd/day round counts.
Posted By: Redneck Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/09/13

...practice more.

And yeah, I'd love to take a course in self-defense from a pro.. Some day........ (sigh)
Posted By: ColsPaul Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/09/13
..chronograph my pet loads.
And work up others.
Fill ALL the brass in the basement ( well maybe that will take several years )

Stop buying new guns and get more range time on the ones I have
( but I have yet to find that special 1911 in 10mm...)
Posted By: 68W Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/09/13
Carry one with me at ALL times legal. On the belt (IWB) whenever clothing allows, no exceptions, no laziness.

I'm a medical student and when dressed professionally, ie. tucked shirt and tie, IWB carry is too risky. My solution to this has been in the backpack, but I am considering the ankle route. I feel this is a huge step down from IWB tactically but a good step up from a backpack stashed in a locker when I'm in a clinic.

I have also resolved to have a spare mag and light with me. Not on my person but in the pack with an OWB belt holster.

The best defensive handgun is the one you HAVE.

Best,

68W
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/09/13
Could you get a backpack with an outside pocket that would let you conceal the pistol from view but have it available for immediate use? At least so you wouldn't have to digging around in the pack to find it. Still a compromise from having it on your person but given your restrictions and criteria it might be a worthwhile solution.
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Could you get a backpack with an outside pocket that would let you conceal the pistol from view but have it available for immediate use? At least so you wouldn't have to digging around in the pack to find it. Still a compromise from having it on your person but given your restrictions and criteria it might be a worthwhile solution.

Jim,

Good thought, and actually the backpack I carry has a small outside pocket that carries nothing but the aforementioned kit, already on it. There will be no searching if I had to grab for it.

thanks,

68W
Posted By: Eremicus Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/09/13
Some of the better made fanny packs work well. When I do my workout walks, I carry mine in a Mountain Smith. E
"This year I'm going to.....stop buying guns" ? You guys believe me don't you ?
OK, ok. "My name is eremicus and I'm a Handgun Looney......" E
Don't see that being a good solution in my case. A fanny pack on in professional dress isn't going to fly. If not in a tucked-in shirt and tie I'm IWB all the way as I'm just in jeans and shirts, its when dressed up that is the problem. That's why I'm thinking ankle carry is my best option as the slacks would conceal it no problem.

Thanks.
You might ask around about the Milt Sparks IWB holsters made with clips for under the shirt carry. While the clips show, with one's shirt bloused out, the gun won't if it's a flat automatic. E
Posted By: DocRocket Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/09/13
I.. er, I mean, a guy I know real well... made a resolution to buy more Glocks back in mid-December.

So far, so good. I, er, I mean he... picked up a couple of G19's at an insanely good price. Yeah, they have evidence locker stampings on them, but everything's on the up-and-up. Sold one on GB and more than paid for the other. Gonna get Glock to put Trijicons on it to match the G23, and I'll be GTG.

Other than that, I mostly need to put more lead downrange thru the pistolas I already have... life is good.
grin
Posted By: Wtxj Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/10/13
Originally Posted by 68W
Don't see that being a good solution in my case. A fanny pack on in professional dress isn't going to fly. If not in a tucked-in shirt and tie I'm IWB all the way as I'm just in jeans and shirts, its when dressed up that is the problem. That's why I'm thinking ankle carry is my best option as the slacks would conceal it no problem.

Thanks.

Check this site out.

http://www.pistolwear.com/Home.jsp?refresh=true
Posted By: 68W Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/10/13
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Originally Posted by 68W

Thanks.

Check this site out.

http://www.pistolwear.com/Home.jsp?refresh=true

Good stuff. I will really be considering their "trump" holster. Under left arm cross draw inside my shirt might really be a great option, I have a large chest so I bet it would be very hard to see it. Especially since I'll be wearing a white coat a fair amount of the time.

Thanks.
Posted By: rchery59 Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/11/13
Shoot the 2000 rounds of 38 special I have stockpiled and reload it all again, and NOT sell any handguns. Also reload all the 380 brass
I have for my wife,that's if I can ever find any FMJ 380 bullets.
Posted By: old70 Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/11/13
Save money during my deployment for one of the following:
Colt New Frontier .44 SPL
USFA .44 SPL
Kimber Target 10mm.
Posted By: L_Killkenny Re: New Year's Resolution - 01/11/13
Smack more critters this year than I ever have!
Not really a new years resolution, but:

I am going to keep my promise to some people that I said I would take some time off of my regular job and do some personal firearms training for.

I don't need any more guns. More guns won't make me a better shooter. There are a couple of guns I would like to have, that eventually I will acquire, but for the most part, the guns are just stuff/tools.

In fact, I intend to consolidate calibers and declutter gear. Does anyone need some Kevlar helmets? smile I have enough gear in one room to outfit an Infantry squad. The less clutter I have to deal with, the more opportunity I have to go shoot.

Shoot more, do some teaching, get rid of clutter, consolidate gear to essentials. Spend more time outdoors where I belong.

Cheers
© 24hourcampfire