Home
Posted By: mooshoo show me your single action - 02/22/13
I'll start it off with a couple of mine here is my 357 3 screw rebored and rebarreled to 45 colt
[Linked Image]
and my 3 screw flattop in 357 mag
[Linked Image]
and this is brother Bill's 3 screw 357 bored and rebarreled 44 spl
[Linked Image]
44MAG SBH
[Linked Image]
Loves a diet of these
[Linked Image]
Posted By: mooshoo Re: show me your single action - 02/22/13
Originally Posted by digger44
44MAG SBH
[Linked Image]
Loves a diet of these
[Linked Image]

tell me about those bullets,I'm getting back into casting this spring, that is cool looking 44 maggie!!
Posted By: jbmi Re: show me your single action - 02/22/13
For a hunting handgun you've got a beauty, love those Rugers
Colt 2nd Gen. Dragoon 44cal.
Colt 2nd Gen. Peacemaker 45 cal.
Big frame Ruger Bisley, 357 mag.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: deflave Re: show me your single action - 02/22/13
Originally Posted by mooshoo
44MAG SBH
[Linked Image]
Loves a diet of these
[Linked Image]

tell me about those bullets,I'm getting back into casting this spring, that is cool looking 44 maggie!!

They're Lee 240gr SWC's. Lube them with Alox. They're slickin' than greased goose schit.

Just not as cool as a 250-K. grin

If I'm wrong, digger can tell me to GFM.

Travis
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by mooshoo
44MAG SBH
[Linked Image]
Loves a diet of these
[Linked Image]

They're Lee 240gr SWC's. Lube them with Alox. They're slickin' than greased goose schit.

Just not as cool as a 250-K. grin

If I'm wrong, digger can tell me to GFM.

Travis

those lee bullets designed to be used with alox as much as i first thought ewwww, they work pretty darn good. I would think they are probably throwing to about 245grains with what the metal looks like.
Posted By: tlfw Re: show me your single action - 02/22/13
[Linked Image]

Yes they are Lee TL 240 grn 430 shot unsized. They drop about 245 grn from 50/50 ACWW/soft. I shoot them with RED DOT and UNIQUE at around 900 fps. I also shoot 250 Keith loaded and lubed the same.
Fun load that doesn't beat your wrists. This gun is a beast with full power H110 loads.
Ever tried loading those Lee TL 240's upside down?

Looks like you could crimp in the last groove, and have a wicked low velocity hunting wadcutter load....if accurate.
Ruger SBH 44, Bowen sight, Belt Mtn pin. Oregon Trail 310gr WFNGC handloads.

[Linked Image]
this is the one that goes hunting the most. .45 Colt, 4 5/8 barrel.
[Linked Image]
Here are a few of mine.

4-inch Bisley in .480 Ruger:

[Linked Image]

.500 Maximum:

[Linked Image]

.45 Colt Bisley:

[Linked Image]

Uberti Callahan .44 Magnum:

[Linked Image]
my plinkers

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

and another that ain't SA but wants to be (in other words, just cause I can):
[Linked Image]
Posted By: mooshoo Re: show me your single action - 02/22/13
those are some cool pics, keep them coming !!!!!
These didn't come out good.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My wife's Colt New Frontier .22/22 Mag.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Smith and Wesson New Model #3 in .44 Russian.
Is the bottom one a 949? That was my first handgun.
1860 Colt Replica
[Linked Image]

NAA .22 Mag
[Linked Image]

Ruger .45 Colt
[Linked Image]

FM 9mm
[Linked Image]

Got a couple of 1911's as well!

Mike
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Ruger SBH 44, Bowen sight, Belt Mtn pin. Oregon Trail 310gr WFNGC handloads.

[Linked Image]

Really like this all business picture.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: show me your single action - 02/22/13
Whitworth,

How do you like your Uberti Callahan? I haven�t see one in the flesh yet, but they look nice.
I do! It's a nice little revolver. Handles well, accurate, and the action is really smooth. Hard to beat for the price IMHO.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: alukban Re: show me your single action - 02/22/13
[Linked Image]

44 Special

[Linked Image]

22 Mag

[Linked Image]
Posted By: toad Re: show me your single action - 02/22/13
coupla mine...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: gmack Re: show me your single action - 02/22/13
Top: SBH 44 mag, 5.5"
Bottom: Bisley Hunter 44 mag, 7.5".... 50 yd group

[Linked Image] [img]http://[/img] [Linked Image]
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Is the bottom one a 949? That was my first handgun.

Yep, given to me by my Grandpa.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RWL99 Re: show me your single action - 02/23/13
My Ruger .44mag, cut down to 4.5", Poly Choke rib and Pachmayr Presentation grip. This gun was on my hip for three weeks in the Alaskan bush. More than once I was glad it was there.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by alukban
[Linked Image]

Sweet.
[Linked Image]

First Generation guns...

[Linked Image]

First, second and third generation...

[Linked Image]

First generation with a Bisley hammer and 3 1/2 inch barrel...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: EdM Re: show me your single action - 02/23/13
Here's some.

A 44 Special.

[Linked Image]

A 41 Special.

[Linked Image]

A 44 Magnum.

[Linked Image]

A 44 Magnum.

[Linked Image]

A 45 Colt and 41 Magnum.

[Linked Image]

A 38 WCF.

[Linked Image]

A 45 Colt.

[img]http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa437/boxhead61/Guns2011024.jpg[/img]

A 357 Maxi.

[img]http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa437/boxhead61/Guns2011012.jpg[/img]

A 500 Linebaugh.

[img]http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa437/boxhead61/GreenRifle029.jpg[/img]

A 475 Linebaugh.

[img]http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa437/boxhead61/M25-2andBFR022.jpg[/img]
Some beautiful guns Ed. I especially like that 38-40.
[Linked Image]

44 Mag. Flattop.
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by shrapnel

First Generation guns...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

First generation with a Bisley hammer and 3 1/2 inch barrel...

[Linked Image]
Quite a nice collection.
Posted By: MnFn Re: show me your single action - 02/23/13
.44 special
[Linked Image]
My 45 Ruger with a 10 shot 15 yard group

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Yoder409
[Linked Image]

That is cool. Herter's Power Mag?
[Linked Image]

That is cool. Herter's Power Mag?

Yes sir.

Actually have a pair of them. However one was altered somewhere along the line. But I got it for next to nothing. It's currently off at the smitty being fitted with a scope base. Not a fan of scoped SA's. But the alteration of the revolver left little choice. So we'll see.............

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RJM Re: show me your single action - 02/23/13
USFA Shooting Master .357 Magnum...

[Linked Image]

Freedon Arms .475 Linebaugh...

[Linked Image]

Ruger .41 Magnum Flat Top 1 of 119...

[Linked Image]

Pair of Ruger .41 Hunters....

[Linked Image]

USFA 5.5" Flat Top Target .22/.22 Magnum

[Linked Image]

Ruger Single-Six stainless .22 LR only *-stamped....

[Linked Image]

Freedom Arms Model 97 .32 H&R/.327 Federal/.32-20

[img]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/RJM52/Single%20Action/DSCF4277.jpg[/img]

Gary Reeder Custon 5.5" .41 Magnum...

[img]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/RJM52/Single%20Action/GB021711015.jpg[/img]

USFA SAA .22 Magnum...1 of 2 made with the "Pat." markings...

[img]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/RJM52/Single%20Action/Colt1911-22s024.jpg[/img]

NAA MiniMaster .22 Magnum 5-10-25 yards...

[img]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/RJM52/Single%20Action/NAA1911.jpg[/img]

Calibers? The Power Mags and Great Westerns pre-date me a bit. By the time I was old enough to own handguns they were items that you never saw...at least I didn't. Of course, surprisingly, I didn't start going to gunshows until after I was married in 1988. Even the Hawes were seldom seen around here. You'd get the stinkin' Blue Book and it would have all these ultra-low prices but there were never any of them around to buy. Really frustrating when you're a young guy with no money and would like to have some stuff that's affordable.

Now the guns are collectible as hell. I see 'em once in awhile but have never owned one. The closest I've come was my first centerfire handgun, which was one of the American-made Virginian Dragoons.

Nice guns.

Ruger Liberty .41 Magnum...

[Linked Image]

Ruger 80's vintage .41 Magnum with Super Blackhawk gripframe..

[Linked Image]

USFA SAA .45 Colt...

[Linked Image]

TR Commemorative...

[Linked Image]

From 9:00 o'clock:
.41 Magnum w/SBH Gripframe
.32 H&R Magnum
.45 Colt Liberty
.41 Magnum Liberty
.22/.22 Magnum
.357 Magnum Liberty

[Linked Image]

Single-Six Hunter .22/.22 Magnum..

[Linked Image]

Freedom Arms Model 97 .41 Magnum..

[img]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/RJM52/Single%20Action/FreedomArms061910002.jpg[/img]

NAA Black Widow .22 Magnum 5-10-25 yards...

[img]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/RJM52/Single%20Action/NAA1911-3.jpg[/img]
NICE .401s Yoder...much as I hate to say it being a .41 Guy that is the round that "should have been" instead of the .41 Magnum...

Best article I have ever seen on the .401...

http://www.gunblast.com/Fryxell_Herters401.htm

Bob
Here are a few more of mine.

.44 Mag Bisley Hunter:

[Linked Image]

BFR in .500 JRH:

[Linked Image]

DMax in .50 Alaskan:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 308ld Re: show me your single action - 02/23/13
[quote=shrapnel]

First Generation guns...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Pretty fair collection! If I remember correctly, are these grips hand carved/fitted Buffalo Bone?

Very very nice. [Linked Image]

shrapnel, you plan on selling this one? cool
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 308ld Re: show me your single action - 02/23/13
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Some beautiful guns on here guys! Here is one of mine.
[Linked Image]
Calibers? The Power Mags and Great Westerns pre-date me a bit. By the time I was old enough to own handguns they were items that you never saw...at least I didn't. Of course, surprisingly, I didn't start going to gunshows until after I was married in 1988. Even the Hawes were seldom seen around here. You'd get the stinkin' Blue Book and it would have all these ultra-low prices but there were never any of them around to buy. Really frustrating when you're a young guy with no money and would like to have some stuff that's affordable.

Now the guns are collectible as hell. I see 'em once in awhile but have never owned one. The closest I've come was my first centerfire handgun, which was one of the American-made Virginian Dragoons.

Nice guns.

RJM beat me to it, but, yep.......... both are .401 Herter's.
Originally Posted by RJM
NICE .401s Yoder...much as I hate to say it being a .41 Guy that is the round that "should have been" instead of the .41 Magnum...

Best article I have ever seen on the .401...

http://www.gunblast.com/Fryxell_Herters401.htm

Bob

Thanks for the nice words, sir !!

The right-hand gun in the picture is a 1966 and in pretty darned nice, if not "collectible" condition. The left-hand gun is the one I got after some [bleep] milled off part of the ears that frame in the rear sight. Doesn't disrupt any function. But completely hoses the gun's value. That's the one that is at my smith's place as we speak, being mated to a Weaver-style base.
[Linked Image]
Ruger SBH. Its had an action job, Belt Mountain base pin, steel ejector rod housing, crescent ejector rod(big improvement), and Elk antler grips. Bought it new in '97.

[Linked Image]
Ruger Blackhawk .30 Carbine. Cleaned up the action, Brazilian rosewood grips. My parents bought it for me for Christmas in '99.It may be the most accurate revolver I've ever fired.

[Linked Image]
Ruger Single-Six .22 WMR only. I bought this for a song a few years ago. Never seen that particular configuration. Called Ruger, they said it was a small run done for a distributor in Ohio. It is my favorite woods bummin' gun.

[Linked Image]
Not a revolver, but it is a single action. SIG 220 SAO. It's my carry gun, and the best semi-auto I've owned.
Originally Posted by 308ld
[quote=shrapnel]

First Generation guns...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Pretty fair collection! If I remember correctly, are these grips hand carved/fitted Buffalo Bone?

Very very nice. [Linked Image]

shrapnel, you plan on selling this one? cool
[Linked Image]

Yes those grips are buffalo thigh bone grips. I have thought about selling that revolver, but it is a real unique piece I got from Hank Williams Jr.

Nice guns.

RJM beat me to it, but, yep.......... both are .401 Herter's.
I've never heard anything bad about the Powermag. That was a cool era of gunmaking, whether in West Germany, America or wherever.
Posted By: EdM Re: show me your single action - 02/24/13
Some beautiful guns Ed. I especially like that 38-40.

I really like that round. Just put one together on a Smith M28. Funny how the 40 S&W was sorted so many years ago. grin
I want to play too....

Ruger Single 10 in 22lr:

[Linked Image]

Ruger NMBH in 357 Mag....

[Linked Image]

Ruger NMBH in 45 Colt, 4-5/8 barrel. I bought this and the 357 above for $350 each from a local guy in Boise....

[Linked Image]

Ruger 44Mag NMBH, 5-1/2 barrel. If I could get a 44 with the 4-5/8" barrel and the fluted cylinder, I think it'd be perfect, but Ruger doesn't make that combo....

[Linked Image]

I've posted this one before. Ruger New Vaquero 44 Special with 3-1/2" barrel. Packing piece....

[Linked Image]

Best for last. FA Model 97 in 357 mag. Has 4-1/4" octagon barrel and micarta grips. Shoots great....

[Linked Image]

I bought this new maybe 10 years ago. FA model 97 44 Special with 5-1/2 barrel. I keep debating on sending this back and getting the barrel cut down to 4-1/4" and roundbutted with micarta grips. It's only $$ after all,,,,

[img]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee149/tominboise/P1010204_zpsf72ec2b7.jpg[/img]

I see a trend - I must like stainless steel SA revolvers.....
It'll take me some time to get photos of my various SA's all loaded, but here's a couple...

[Linked Image]
First gen SAA, .45 Colt, 1907 manufacture date with factory letter. Very clean gun with absolutely no collector value due to mods made by a previous owner. Still, it's my number one favorite single action sixgun.

[Linked Image]
Uberti SAA clone, one of a pair used for cowboy action matches. Handles identically to the Colt, above.

[Linked Image]
My first Ruger, obtained 13 years ago, and for many years my only hunting sixgun. It's killed more than a few whitetails, a few coyotes & raccoons, and a skunk. Also my guinea pig gun... as in, it's the gun that served as guinea pig for various gunsmithing experiments such as barrel slugging, cylinder throat reaming, spring mods, basepin modifying, etc.

[Linked Image]
The upper gun is my newest Bisley, a Williams 5.5" model. It's about 80% upgraded to my specs, but don't have a photo to upload yet. Upgrades included trigger job to a creepless 3.5 pounds, Bowen Rough Country adjustable rear sight, Chapman Custom grips, and a Belt Mountain basepin.

It's heavier than my beloved SAA's, but it can handle my heaviest 280-325 gr loads easily. The shorter barrel makes it easier to pack than the 7.5" Bisley, but it's still a solid 75-yard hunting gun.
Posted By: DMc Re: show me your single action - 02/26/13
No Bearcat posted on this thread? Cowards!

DMc
Originally Posted by DMc

DMc

You can post yours! grin
Posted By: jstall Re: show me your single action - 02/26/13
[Linked Image]
Ruger 44 Special Flattop!
Here's my Colt clone percussion revolvers: Top is Hawes 1860 Army, middle is Navy Arms 1851 and bottom is Armi San Marco 1849

[Linked Image]

This is a 1st gen., 1913, in 32-20 that was originally a 7 1/2 in. barrel that was literally a boat anchor when I bought it. Someone had at one time: Cut off the front sight for qiuck draw, probably circa 1930's, a later owner had stick welded a front sight back on which was made from a bolt head hammered flat, some kind soul had buffed it out and reblued the entire handgun, the cylinder ratchet was shot apparently from fanning and it had the wrong grips on it. John Schultz of Lawton, Iowa redid it for me, complete with the carved outer bark elephant ivory grips.

[Linked Image]

Third gen Colt in 45 Colt. The one above I do not use, this one I do!!

[Linked Image]

There's also a 3rd gen New Frontier, 7 1/2 in. barrel in 44 Spl., a #3 S&W American in 44 Russian that someone has buffed and blued and bobbed the barrel to about 4 inches and FA Mod. 97 in 45 Colt. I have no pictures of the above.
Posted By: RJM Re: show me your single action - 02/26/13
Originally Posted by tominboise
I want to play too....

I bought this new maybe 10 years ago. FA model 97 44 Special with 5-1/2 barrel. I keep debating on sending this back and getting the barrel cut down to 4-1/4" and roundbutted with micarta grips. It's only $$ after all,,,,

[Linked Image]

I see a trend - I must like stainless steel SA revolvers.....

FYI...I was talking to Mr. Baker at the SHOT Show as I was thinking about sending in a 6" Model 83 .41 Magnum to have it roundbutted... If you send in a gun for modification they get it back asap...as in a few weeks as they don't want customers guns in house any longer than needed. Right now with the number of orders they got at the Show they went from a 6 month backlog to 9 on a new gun...

Bob
Posted By: DMc Re: show me your single action - 02/27/13
Originally Posted by Whitworth1
Originally Posted by DMc

DMc

You can post yours! grin

Had a Bearcat as a kid, and a Lawrence fast-draw holster. Would stand on the bank of Grammy's creek and toss crippled grasshoppers into the water. The showdown was between me and the perch. Grammy even cooked some of those 3" perch. Surely miss the ole days & the 20" waist I'm sure I had.

DMc
Posted By: Ngrumba Re: show me your single action - 02/28/13
Originally Posted by RWL99
My Ruger .44mag, cut down to 4.5", Poly Choke rib and Pachmayr Presentation grip. This gun was on my hip for three weeks in the Alaskan bush. More than once I was glad it was there.

[Linked Image]

Is that a #25 Randall?
Them is some sweet guns sharps.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: PSH Re: show me your single action - 03/03/13
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Here's the Colts, 1st gen 32-20, 2nd gen 45 LC, 1st gen 38-40, 1st gen 44-40, 1st gen converted to 38 special, 1st gen 45 LC bisley, 2nd gen 357, 2nd gen 44 special, 2nd gen NF 45 LC, 3rd gen 45 LC. Then the NF 22/22mag that has killed a boatload of beer can cowboys when I was a kid, and a scout 22.

Big bores are FA 83 454, Early Bowen 475, FA 83 44 mag, and FA, Reeder worked, 50 AE.
© 24hourcampfire