Home
Here is my Glock 20 10 MM in its new form. I replace the trigger with a Fulcrum, Light Weight Firing Pin and 3 lb Spring, Firing Pin Block with Titanium , Extended Slide Lock, Wolf 6 inch Barrel , SS Guide Rod with 20 lb Recoil Rod, Adjustable Meprolight Night Sights . I used a Wolf Extractor and springs. I guess you could say i replaced everything in the pistol but the firing pin channel liner.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

THAT is one heckuva fine pistola there! I can totally dig everything about it, especially the caliber.

PM me if you want my hogsmakin 10mmm load recipe for 180gr HP's at 1375 with good case life. Not advisable for guns with no case support, but I don't even get a smiley face on the case with my Storm Lake 10mm barrel for my Delta Elite.

Your new barrel would handle these, as well.

Congratulations!
thank you for sharing, I am taking notes!
I'm loading the 200 gr Hornady XTP with a Max Load of Longshot for my hunting load. Mark are you using Blue Dot in your 10 MM?
After a bit of experimenting and chronographing, I have settled on AA#9 as my favorite with 180-200gr bullets. The bottle of powder says right on it "Specifically formulated for max loads in the 10mm auto cartridge." That got my attention and I have found it to be a good choice. My load gives about a 95% full case after the bullet is seated. Most other powders showed some creasing of the cartridge case (aka 'smiley faces') before I got to my velocity goal.
I'm thinking you're hooked up.
I use AA9 in my 357 magnum Pistol and have looked at it for the 10mm but it takes up a lot space in the case and i will try it. I was just going to start with Longshot and the Hornady 200 gr. I just picked 300 of them at the local gun shop. I do have both powder to work with .
Personally I like a powder that fills the case. I find that such loads offer really good shot to shot consitency with low velocity variations. My load has a shot to shot velocity deviation of under 10fps. OK, here it is for all to see but

THIS LOAD IS ONLY SAFE IN GUNS WITH BARRELS WHICH SUPPORT THE WHOLE CARTRIDGE CASE, STIIFER THAN FACTORY RECOIL SPRINGS SHOULD BE USED AND ONLY WITH NEW UNFIRED STARLINE BRASS OR CASES

14.6 gr of AA#9, Winchester primer and new starline cases. Speer Gold DOt 180gr hollow point bullet.

Nice pistola Bea, ya gonna smack a hog with it?

Gunner
You, sir, just put a picture to the project I'm starting with the G20 I brought to TN. The only difference (I'm still on the fence) is my internal debate over a Leupold Deltapoint or a Trijicon RMR. It'll be doing duty exclusively (in theory) as a hunter, so......

George
Originally Posted by gunner500

Gunner

Yes , this is the Glock 20 10mm CrimsonTide had at the Hog Hunt. I meet him in Middlesboro, KY last week and we did some trading.

George i would go with the Trijicon .
Helluva deal Main, that'll work.

Gunner
Originally Posted by bea175

Gunner

Yes , this is the Glock 20 10mm CrimsonTide had at the Hog Hunt. I meet him in Middlesboro, KY last week and we did some trading.

the one you launched the extractor from into the next state? grin
That's the way I'm leaning if I go the optic route. It makes sense for the purpose, but there's still a part of me that cringes at the thought of putting an optic on a working gun.

You'll likely get a chance to blood yours before I do on legitimate game, but I don't doubt they'll make a hell of a deer/bear gun!

George
Originally Posted by rattler

Gunner

the one you launched the extractor from into the next state? grin

yep , i trade for it without the extractor and replaced it with a Wolf Extractor. George just to be honest , i don't like optics on a handgun for hunting
Originally Posted by NH K9
That's the way I'm leaning if I go the optic route. It makes sense for the purpose, but there's still a part of me that cringes at the thought of putting an optic on a working gun.

You'll likely get a chance to blood yours before I do on legitimate game, but I don't doubt they'll make a hell of a deer/bear gun!

George

Damn right George, you wont need a 500 Nitro for backup work with one of these either, could you feel a bit of the power when ya turned her loose on that hog. grin

Gunner
I'm using Starline Brass for my loading in this pistol. George the range is just to limited for a pistol even the 10mm to justify leaving iron sights for the optics unless your eyesight dictates you have to . Gunner wonder where a man can find a five shot pistol chambered for the 577 NE?
Starline brass and a big charge of AA-#9 or Power Pistol will get that heifer cooking.

Gunner
I have Longshot , Power Pistol and AA9 to start with . I just purchased 1500 new unprimed pieces of Starline 10 MM brass.
Yer ready fer a bit of time at the loading bench then, good luck, and i hope she makes you a good shooter.

Gunner
thanks old buddy
Here is my Glock 20 10 MM in its new form. I replace the trigger with a Fulcrum, Light Weight Firing Pin and 3 lb Spring, Firing Pin Block with Titanium , Extended Slide Lock, Wolf 6 inch Barrel , SS Guide Rod with 20 lb Recoil Rod, Adjustable Meprolight Night Sights . I used a Wolf Extractor and springs. I guess you could say i replaced everything in the pistol but the firing pin channel liner.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Interesting stuff, thanks. My G34 shoots only so-so, I need to either fix it up, or trade it. Have to look into some of those mods.
George the range is just to limited for a pistol even the 10mm to justify leaving iron sights for the optics unless your eyesight dictates you have to .

Based on what the 10mm is capable of, the dot might help at extended ranges. I know the "i" night sights are going away. I'm nothing if not a creature of habit/comfort and I don't want to toggle back/forth between sight styles. A good adjustable would likely work just fine

George
Then buy the one i put on my Glock 20, best one out there .
Any subjective comments on the fulcrum trigger? Is that the adjustable trigger or the standard trigger? I know it will be better than glock trigger am wondering is it 1911 trigger better or ?? What does it break at you think?
Starline brass and a big charge of AA-#9 or Power Pistol will get that heifer cooking.

Gunner

I use both Blue Dot & AA#9 in all my 10mm max loads. In my Glock 20 & Kimber 1911/10mm, I find the AA#9 to be the most accurate with a max load using 200gr Hornady XTP HP's going 1350fps! 5-shot groups off a sandbag @ 25 yards are just a hair over 1" !
Extremely accurate for two plain ole out of the box stock semi-autos, IMHO
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Any subjective comments on the fulcrum trigger? Is that the adjustable trigger or the standard trigger? I know it will be better than glock trigger am wondering is it 1911 trigger better or ?? What does it break at you think?

Around three pounds and you can do the same with the factory stock trigger , the Fulcrum trigger is smoother and the trigger face is wider and easier on the trigger finger. Plus the trigger is Aluminium and not plastic. Trigger gives you the illusion of bring lighter on the pull. I was going to use AA#9 and believed i had a pound, but when i looked i didn't, so must have given it to one of my friends. So I use Longshot and the Hornady 200 gr XTP to load a 100 rounds yesterday.
kind of off topic, but not really. Was watching an episode of alaska state troopers this morning and one of their calls. Seems a moose cow and her youngin were stompting the snot out of a guy's dog, so he shot both mooses's. Used a glock 20, four rounds, ball ammo. Killed them for sure. I guess the 10mm does work
Very nice...I just put a 22# Wolff spring and guide rod in mine, a stainless extended slide stop and extended slide lock. looking to buy the 6" Lone Wolf barrel next.
I too am in the early stages of 10 mm loading. Loading for a 5" DW 1911 and a G20,6"1911 soon. Running 22lb recoil springs in both and required main/striker spring. 7.7gr power pistol,mag primer,starline and nosler 200 runs around 1140ish in both with good E.S. would like in hear about you 200 gr load/performance
I load the Hornady 200 gr XTP with 8.0 gr of Longshot and CCI 300 primers in Starline Brass . I just chronograph the load and the average was 1215.3 FPS from the Wolf 6 inch Barrel. Couple of the case had some smiley faces and I will be going to a 24 lb spring instead of the 20 lb with this load. I didn't weigh all the loads and used the Hornady Powder Measure to throw most loads and checked the weigh every 15 rounds on the scales. I will be picking up a pound of AA#9 to try in the future.
Ive got the.MRDS from aeotch...only shot a few. 6" KKM Barrel. Im leaning towards Underwood 200 grain XTP. so far Ive harvested 1;deer...cool gun
KKM barrels have more case support than the Wolf Barrels
I like it, but I'm thinking it must be a slow handling (but light recoiling) pistol with that "20 pound recoil rod."

Maybe a little typo?? smile
I'm going to try a 22 and 24 lb spring with my present load .

Gunner

My compliments on your ability to guild the lily. That is a smart looking pistol.

This is a play toy but has a Burris FF machined into the slide, that can pop off and irons placed in slot. I traded into it for the heck of it. I put a Lone Wolf barrel and a comp on it, its a 40 though. I am still getting used to it but imagine will be a fine steel pistol some day. I tuned the stock trigger, no 1911 but still pretty crisp.
[Linked Image]
I am planning a hunt with my new g20sf myself. I did a full polish, a ghost rocket connector, enough spring swapping that I forget exactly what is in there now, but it busts my trigger scale at 3.5#. I did the stainless guide rod and 22# recoil spring and a kkm 6" that I cut back to 5.25"

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

From the looks of those carbon streaks on the muzzle, whoever cut and crowned that barrel knew what they were doing.
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
From the looks of those carbon streaks on the muzzle, whoever cut and crowned that barrel knew what they were doing.

That guy would be me.....thanks.
I too have a 20 that has been turned into a deer/hog gun.. It has a LW long slide and a LW 6.60" barrel that has been drilled and tapped for a fastfire III.. 3.5 lb connector and polishing has the trigger decent.. initial shooting this week had 4 of 5 in a 5 gal bucket at 200 yds. not bad and its very accurate up close. I love the fastfire on this rig. think i will kill a deer or two this year with it...
Great looking gat you have right there!
I just replace the 20 lb spring with a 24 lb and it eliminated the smilies i was getting on some of my brass .
© 24hourcampfire