Home
Posted By: AB2506 Browning Hi Power Detective - 03/30/13
Went to the Calgary Gunshow to day. Saw a Browning Hi Power Detective. Kind of like a 1911 Commander. Very nice. Don't remember it though. As the barrel is too short, it is classified as prohibited up here. $700 was too much for a prohibited firearm IMO, no matter how nice.

Very interesting handgun. I didn't pick it up to feel it for fear that I couldn't resist. smile

http://www.securityarms.com/photos/1275496489.jpg

Originally Posted by AB2506
Went to the Calgary Gunshow to day. Saw a Browning Hi Power Detective.

[Linked Image]
"Browning?" That's an FM Hi Power produced by Fabricaciones Militares of Argentina, not a Fabrique Nationale-produced Browning. In fact, the one in the picture is an FM 90 variant.
Posted By: RJM Re: Browning Hi Power Detective - 03/30/13
A friend who into HPs has one of the Detective models and it is one of his favorite carry guns...

Bob

Posted By: AB2506 Re: Browning Hi Power Detective - 03/30/13
Originally Posted by Bricktop

[Linked Image]
"Browning?" That's an FM Hi Power produced by Fabricaciones Militares of Argentina, not a Fabrique Nationale-produced Browning. In fact, the one in the picture is an FM 90 variant.

Just pulled pulled a pic from the internet Brick. It is identical to the one I viewed yesterday, right down to the grips. FN is an international company and owns the Browning name. FN may mark the guns differently for sale in different nations.
Originally Posted by Bricktop

[Linked Image]
Just pulled pulled a pic from the internet Brick. It is identical to the one I viewed yesterday, right down to the grips. FN is an international company and owns the Browning name. FN may mark the guns differently for sale in different nations.
Spare me your rendition of "trivia." The gun you saw was an Argentinian-produced FM 95 Detective. Game over.
Gotta look a little more closely. The mark is "FM" not "FN"

Bricktop is correct. Yet, I'm amazed he managed two posts without calling you an azzhole. He's mellowing out.

This is my "FM" Hi-Power. I blasted off the cruddy baked on finish, stippled the heck out of certain surfaces and parkerized it. It's nice...but it ain't a Browning.

[Linked Image]
For the same money you could have a CZ 75...
Posted By: bea175 Re: Browning Hi Power Detective - 03/30/13
Brick eased up on the Guy because it is Good Friday and Easter
I did the work myself. Including the gun, I have 250 in it and that's with the $50 parkerizing kit. So, I'm thinking the CZ75 would have cost more. At least the last one I bought did. Have had the CZ, have shot the CZ and have decided any Browning Hi-Power or reasonable clone suits me better than the CZ. Still, even with the CZ, I'd have had to get rid of that absolutely crappy baked on enamel finish.

Posted By: EWY Re: Browning Hi Power Detective - 03/30/13
A friend used to have a FM Detective. He really liked it and it was a decent and reliable gun. As stated by Bricktop and Dan they were made in Argentina by FM.

Ernie
© 24hourcampfire