Home
i have a Smith and wesson 27-2 .357 mag handgun in nickle finish. 6 inch barrel hogue grips i believe. i dont shoot the gun and have a hard time finding ammo for it now. in process of transitioning out of military and have sold quite a few of my firearms to help pay bills in anticipation of the move back home.

my first question is where can i find the value of these guns? looked at several on line and range seems to be all over the place.

Secondly, if i were to sell it online, what is involved in shipping a handgun? i know it is different than selling a rifle but where can i find out the shipping requirements?

thanks in advance
david
You need to find a FFL Dealer to ship your pistol to the FFL Dealer of the guy you sell it to. Most dealers charge around $15 for the Transfer Fee + shipping cost.

Use Gunbroker. It's very simple & by far the most popular online Gun Auction.

On the Gunbroker "Help" section, Click on "Find a FFL Dealer" .
You will enter your zip code and it will list FFL dealers in your area that do transfers & the Fee they charge.

Your S&W Model 27 should easily bring $700 if it's clean & not abused. All though the Nickle Finish is not nearly as popular as the Blue models.
I've seen New in the Box S&W Model 27's bring over $1000.00 when GunBroker guys get into a bidding war over a particular revolver. Good Luck.
GB has an advanced search and you can select completed auctions to see what items actually sold for. Asking prices don't mean much sometimes.
© 24hourcampfire