Home
Wondering what you guys prefer on your G20's for hunting.
If I remember correctly a guy posted a pic of an aftermarket sight that he had machined into the slide for a lower profile....
Ghost ring rear sight with tritium inserts in the ghost ring and the front sight. It's a killer combo - I have the same set up in my bed side G20. For the long shots I have a G20 with a 6" barrel and slide and Docter Red Dot installed in the rear dovetail.
MAgnumdood,

I have that Docter Optic red dot sight on our bedside gun, a KelTec SU-16 223.

Glad to know that they are tough enough to run atop a semi auto slide! How many shots have you fired from your G-20 so equipped?
When I get my mount in, I'm going to put a 2.5 x 7 pistol scope on mine for hog hunting, as I detest open sights. The one I ordered attaches to the front rail and then uses a replacement screw for one of the frame pins - maybe two of them - to get extra support. The plastic frame of the Glock will not support a scope mounted with the rail alone, like the one I have on my metal framed 1911. Both types are high enough over the slide to have no operational problems - mount does not touch the slide - and the open sights can be used by looking beneath the scope mount. Same mount works for red dot "scopes", so they don't need to be mounted on the slide. Racking the slide on the 1911 is more difficult than without the mount, but can be done. To lock the action open, I use an empty magazine, and the mount can be easily and quickly removed from the rail, then replaced without losing zero. For the Glock - which has no exposed hammer - I have a "charging handle" that fits to the rear slide serrations, making it easy to rack the slide with the mount and optic in place.
I like the Mepro Adjustable Night Sights on my Glock 20 SF

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Those look very nice - and functional.
This picture is bigger than life, it is really about the size of 1/2 your thumb:

Instruction manual
[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire