Home
Posted By: Redneck What exactly is a TALO model?? - 12/26/13
Never knew what that meant, if anything..

Educate me please.
Talo is a large distributor, that has commissioned several different limited editions from Colt, Ruger, S&W, and possibly others. Similar to what Lipseys or Cabelas has done.

I am told this S&W M60 Pro in .38 Special is a Talo limited edition

[Linked Image]

Ahhhh, I see.. Thank you sir.. Much appreciated..
That M60 is what they should have been thinking when they first thought of the M60.
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
That M60 is what they should have been thinking when they first thought of the M60.

That is a very nice looking 60! Could make a guy want to go looking for one.
That Pro isn't a Talo edition; it's been a regular cataloged item for several years.
Redneck, they are a distributor and do some nice stuff. They only sell to Talo dealers so they are more or less limited editions besides quantities. Here's an example of some of the Ruger Talo's http://www.taloinc.com/strum_ruger.htm
Originally Posted by Mesabi
That Pro isn't a Talo edition; it's been a regular cataloged item for several years.

The regular model is a .357, this one is marked ".38 S&W SPL. +P". I confirmed it does not accept .357 cases. There are several of them on Gunbroker right now.
Looks like this is texncals pistol.... http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/..._757751_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y The site says it can be had in .38SPCL or .357.

Either way, it's a good looking rig.
My daughter has the Talo edition of the Ruger SP101
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Waders
My daughter has the Talo edition of the Ruger SP101
[Linked Image]

Those are pretty nice. I've seen a few in person and the engraving is even better than it looks in the pictures. I'm hoping TALO does a line of engraved Blackhawks in the future.
Waders - nice. They've spec'd a number of good looking and functional handguns that I've seen. I'm a little disappointed in the new TALO 1911 in 38 Super. Not much to it except a better set of sights.
Ahhh, thanks for the link.. Some neat stuff there.
Several Talo editions out there, I saw a mossberg Mod 590A1 the other day that was marked as a Talo edition but I couldn't see any difference in it and the regular 590A1 Gov't edition.......................Hb
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Redneck, they are a distributor and do some nice stuff. They only sell to Talo dealers so they are more or less limited editions besides quantities. Here's an example of some of the Ruger Talo's http://www.taloinc.com/strum_ruger.htm

they are showing a Ruger 10/22, with a laminated Mannlicher stock. I bought one just like it from WalMart back in about 1994 or '95. Was told then, that they were made exclusively for WalMart.
[Linked Image]
I'm still trying to figure out who the hell Willey Clapp is....
Originally Posted by teal
I'm still trying to figure out who the hell Willey Clapp is....
LMAO!!
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

they are showing a Ruger 10/22, with a laminated Mannlicher stock. I bought one just like it from WalMart back in about 1994 or '95. Was told then, that they were made exclusively for WalMart.

[Linked Image]

That was a WalMart exclusive back then. I've got one just like it that I bought new back then too.
© 24hourcampfire