Home
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/01/01/remington-announces-r-51-pistol/
Looks good, nice size and features - Hope their not too $$$.

Another link:

http://gunblast.com/Remington-R51.htm
It's basically what everyone wanted from Glock in the G42.

I dig it.
Originally Posted by P_Weed
Looks good, nice size and features - Hope their not too $$$.

Another link:

http://gunblast.com/Remington-R51.htm

The article listed it at $389.00
Buy stock in Remington.
Interesting, maybe I can fondle one at the Dallas Safari Club Convention next week. Big Green always has a big exhibit showing their new stuff, maybe they have a winner,
Looks to me like a NY pistol.
Pretty cool�.but they put the rear sight on backwards.

Rear sight looks right to me. Think pocket pistol.
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Rear sight looks right to me. Think pocket pistol.

Yep - most likely to come out of your pocket or holster fast and thus, as configured, rather slippery. Going into holster/pocket at speed isn't likely.
IMO a pretty good idea to protect tritium sights & frame the sight picture. A direct competitor to the Shield.
From the looks of it, I would think that a user should be able to flip a switch and set it to "stun". If it proves to be reliable, it should sell well at that price point.
I'm gonna get one for EDC!
Looks like a Hi Point got drunk and had butt sex with a water pistol.
Originally Posted by justin10mm

Yes, it kinda does. Pretty sure I had a water pistol that looked like that when I was a kid. The Hi-Point is not nearly as svelte - and, of course, it is a true blow-back design.

Now I remember what the styling reminded me of the most...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vektor_CP1

Let's hope this gun is much more successful.
Looks like a ruger/ keltec.
I'll keep my Kahr CW9.
Originally Posted by TheWarrior
Looks like a ruger/ keltec.

Not even close to being functionally the same.
Originally Posted by EdM
I'll keep my Kahr CW9.

Probably a good decision. No flies on that pistol.
Originally Posted by hclark
I'm gonna get one for EDC!
Wait a year until they get all the bugs worked out...all new guns seem to have them. Let someone else trust their life to an untested gun.
When they said 20oz I lost Pretty much all interest. Lots of proven options the same or lighter
Kind of cool in a Buck Rogers/Star Wars sorta way. I wouldn't call it ugly, just different and functionally it is VERY different from about anything else out there.

Nearly twice the wieght, though, of our Kel Tec PF-9. Size is similar.

I predict it will sell well at that size and price point. Street prices will probably be in the $325-350 range, a good value.
"Wait a year till they get all the bugs worked out."
` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `

A friend got one of Remington's first 1911's - No bugs.
I'm liking everything about this pistol (including weight) - No waiting.
I don't think they'll be able to make them fast enough to keep up with demand for the first year.

A slim, buttered, relatively light 9mm (weighs the same as a Bersa Thunder .380) in an ergonomic package with an ultra low bore axis. (which greatly mitigates muzzle flip)

If I was the designer, I probably would have left the slide flat sided and affixed a nicely radiused, thin profile trigger, in keeping with the original Model 51, but those are cosmetic touches.

As a concealed carry tool, it's going to be tough to beat for the money.

Kahr, Kel-Tec, and Ruger are going to lose a lot of sales.
I think I finally found a 9MM to buy. It will be the only one.
Originally Posted by justin10mm
I can see that. The Rem is one of the ugliest things I've seen. Hope it works as they say, cause looks aint driven up sales.
Well, as I like the pressed checkering on post-64 Winchester rifles, it should come as no surprise that I think this new Remington looks cool in a retro way.
Might be the first and only 9 that I have ever owned.
Looks like a Whitney Wolverene .22
I like the looks of it, but would like a safety.

Being a conservative sort of guy, I didn't buy a Glock until it had been around for 20 years and the bugs, if any, had been worked out. Bought a Sig after the design had been perfected for nearly 30 years. Bought my first 1911 about 70 years after the first ones hit the market. S&W revolvers, longer than that.

I probably won't be one of the first buyers of this new pistol, but look forward to hearing all about it.
© 24hourcampfire