Home
Posted By: lastround Wish Ruger would... - 04/02/14
...hurry up and start making regular Redhawks again. The price for what's out there is getting ridiculous. May just send the CEO a letter...........
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Wish Ruger would... - 04/03/14
Late last Fall, in 2013, a member of another Forum, having the same concern, received the following reply from Ruger Customer Service:
"We have discontinued this model for the time being. The anticipated re-launch date for the Redhawk line is sometime in 2014."

If you do send Ruger's CEO a letter, the Campfire Handgun Forum would be interested in the reply.
Posted By: lastround Re: Wish Ruger would... - 04/03/14
If I get a reply, I will post what he says. The letter, for what it's worth, goes out tomorrow.

I just hope, if they do resume production, that they don't make a bunch of money saving changes. It is, IMHO, a great handgun as is.
Posted By: n8dawg6 Re: Wish Ruger would... - 04/03/14
wish ruger would ...

make a revolver trigger without creep in it.

its a genuine request ... ive got a stack of em, and thats the biggest thing that gnaws at me about em. ill even pay extra, cause i have to do that anyway for the trigger job.
Posted By: tmitch Re: Wish Ruger would... - 04/03/14
Make a left hand 77/22. Oh wait, this is the handgun section. Carry on.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Wish Ruger would... - 04/03/14
...make left handed Ruger American handguns.

Only with buttstocks and 22" barrels... wink
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: Wish Ruger would... - 04/03/14
lastround, don't look for the price to get any better. One of the few revolvers that's available is the Ruger Alaskan in 44 mag, one of the last one's I'd want, though I have it, even in store (was at the base exchange recently) it was in the very high $800 range, pushing on $900 real hard. Seems a little high to me. I don't expect the redhawk to be much cheaper. If you find a clean used one south of $800 Id jump.
Posted By: molly Re: Wish Ruger would... - 04/03/14
I've got a 4" 44mag Redhawk I'd sell for $725+ shipping........

Less than 100 rounds through it...........Looks like new...
Posted By: lastround Re: Wish Ruger would... - 04/03/14
PM sent
Posted By: molly Re: Wish Ruger would... - 04/03/14
Originally Posted by lastround
PM sent

PM sent back,,,,,

Not sure how to send pictures through this site...

I sent you my email.. send an email and I'll send some pictures.

Posted By: Jesse Jaymes Re: Wish Ruger would... - 04/03/14
More 480 and 45LC stuff. SBH, RH in both
Posted By: RickyD Re: Wish Ruger would... - 04/03/14
A 5" 45 Colt Redhawk, not super Redhawk, would be what I would wish for.
Posted By: supercrewd Re: Wish Ruger would... - 04/03/14
Do an order board. Have customers sign up for particular platforms and when a magic number is reached, start a limited production run.

I can think of half a dozen already...
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Wish Ruger would... - 04/03/14
Originally Posted by n8dawg6
wish ruger would ...

its a genuine request ... ive got a stack of em, and thats the biggest thing that gnaws at me about em. ill even pay extra, cause i have to do that anyway for the trigger job.
To do that safely they will either have to tune the triggers by hand, or switch to MIM for internals. MIM internals are working very well for S&W.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Wish Ruger would... - 04/03/14
Originally Posted by lastround
...hurry up and start making regular Redhawks again. The price for what's out there is getting ridiculous. May just send the CEO a letter...........
That's something that is really annoying about Ruger and Colt. They do a big production run of one model, the market becomes completely flushed with them; even to the point of CDNN picking them up on the cheap and whoring them off. And then it's 8 months before the next production run.

Try to get a Colt Bright Stainless .38 Super without paying scalpers prices; you just cant! They have NEVER made a sufficient supply of those. Some seriously stupid chit. They just don't want inventory sitting on their shelves. I can understand that, but perhaps a little inventory wouldn't be a bad thing???
Posted By: n8dawg6 Re: Wish Ruger would... - 04/03/14
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
MIM internals are working very well for S&W.

sir, that sort of statement will get you strung up.

but not by me. my MIM 617 has a very nice no-creep single action pull, and ive got a 50's vintage model 17 to compare it with.
Posted By: Mink Re: Wish Ruger would... - 04/04/14
I wish Ruger would....

Come out with a deluxe model of their 1911's i.e. Checkered front strap, night sights, match barrel option, etc....
Posted By: HighRoad Re: Wish Ruger would... - 04/04/14
. . . produce my back ordered KSP-341X.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Wish Ruger would... - 04/12/14
For anybody looking for a Redhawk, I'm standing in my BIL's gun shop and he's got a very nice looking used 7.5" stainless Redhawk on the shelf for around $600. Factory grips are missing and have been replaced with Pachmyr grips.

This gun DOES NOT have the scope mounting dovetails.
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Wish Ruger would... - 04/15/14
Wish Ruger would make the Toklat in 480.
Posted By: lastround Re: Wish Ruger would... - 04/15/14
Letter went out on the 4th, no answer yet. Probably won't get one.......
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Wish Ruger would... - 04/15/14
I noticed there are some of the Super Redhawks, made in .480, that are made from regular stainless, not the dark gray C455 steel that they used previously on the Casull & the .480

It's still a Super Redhawk, and funky looking, but at least now you might be able to get a custom smith to work on it.

http://www.bowenclassicarms.com/workshop.html#TheRealRugerRedhawk
Posted By: lastround Re: Wish Ruger would... - 04/15/14
Bowen sure does some nice work.
Posted By: Lee_Woiteshek Re: Wish Ruger would... - 04/17/14
I'd like the Toklat to be a regular item.
Posted By: CraigC Re: Wish Ruger would... - 04/17/14
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
I noticed there are some of the Super Redhawks, made in .480, that are made from regular stainless, not the dark gray C455 steel that they used previously on the Casull & the .480

The steel is the same, only the finish has changed.

Originally Posted by GunGeek
To do that safely they will either have to tune the triggers by hand, or switch to MIM for internals.

How is MIM going to change that over castings? It has to do with function of the transfer bar, material is irrelevant.
Posted By: Redhill Re: Wish Ruger would... - 04/19/14
Hurry up and deliver the SR45C
Posted By: lastround Re: Wish Ruger would... - 06/07/14
Well, I just saw (yesterday) the first two new Redhawks that I have seen in about two years. The LGS had a new 4" (4.2") and a 7.5". The 4" model was in 45 Colt; the 7.5" in 44mag. Price for either model was $769.00. Thrilled to see that the 4" model now has the same front sight configuration as the longer barrel lengths in that they are plunger interchangeable. As soon as a 4" 44 mag model comes in I will own it.....
Posted By: lastround Re: Wish Ruger would... - 06/07/14
Originally Posted by n8dawg6
wish ruger would ...

The 4" model Redhawk that I handled yesterday had the most crisp trigger I have seen on a new Ruger revolver in a long time, albeit a little heavy.
© 24hourcampfire