Home
Tonight after a phone call from a friend who's got a bad case of "gottahaveititis" for a S&W M25-3 3" I decided to check my gunsafe just to fondle a couple of my beloved revolvers, and...

SonofaBISH if I didn't find a M25-3 tucked in between a couple M29's and my M686's... HTF did THAT happen? At first I actually thought my old joke about my revolvers havin' sex while locked up in the safe an' makin' J-frames was actually coming home to roost, then I recalled I acquired this M625 at a class about 4 years ago from a guy who was desperate to have my tricked-out AR-15 carbine plus some green...

Anyways, called my buddy back and told him what I'd take for it, and it's a done deal. HOOO-whee! I love findin' stuff like that.

... buuuuut... there's also a shiny new lookin' nickel plated Centennial in the safe that I do not EVER recall seein' before... which is a bit creepy, with respect to the title of this thread.
That's like finding $$ in an old jacket, but better! Sure wish I had that problem!
I keep my N Frames stored in the dark in close proximity to each other, and I never find a J frame in there. Do you think it would help if I played some Barry White music close to the gun safe?
Huh

[Linked Image]

Now I know where all my Ruger #1's come from...

grin

Maybe I should put my Les Baer next to a 5" N frame grin
Originally Posted by Stayclean
I keep my N Frames stored in the dark in close proximity to each other, and I never find a J frame in there. Do you think it would help if I played some Barry White music close to the gun safe?
Put a dehumidifier in there to warm the insides of the safe. That should help. Maybe sprinkle some sand in the bottom from Padre Island.
Unlikely. If you get a Ruger you don't know you had, then probably a Glock is in there somewhere and is getting it on with an FIE or the like. laugh
Mine are in the process of trying to get pregnant, I think!
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Huh

[Linked Image]

grin

Nice. Fraser?
My birdshead Vaquero mated with my 6 inch Blackhawk and made a Montado.

crazy

[Linked Image]
I understand that Liberty Safes has designed, and will soon market mini chastity belts for Smiths and Colts for anyone forced to store them within proximity of a Ruger or Tauraus. Sort of a small arms eugenics effort!

The one that they're making for major caliber handguns they're calling "The Wadcutter" ---- for minor caliber handguns they're just calling it "The Deflave" (don't understand that one). smile
Typically I don't find guns I forgot I had (though it has happened) I typically can't find one or two and can't remember if I sold it or just hid it. Regardless I hate when that happens. I had about decided I had sold an old Super Bearcat with stag grips and finally found it. Getting old sucks, but beats the alternative. laugh
Originally Posted by Savuti
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Huh

[Linked Image]

grin

Nice. Fraser?
It's not a Fraser that's for sure. But what it is, will bug me all day. I know I've seen it, it's one of the lesser known actions, probably made by a provincial maker (which means it's still a first rate rifle by all means). I wanna say it's the Field Patent action. I have Kirton's book at home, and I know that action is in there, I just can't remember which it is.
Field's Patent Falling Block...that one was sold by Rodda. I've only seen a couple of them besides that one. I think one member has another one.

Wish like hell I had it back, too frown

the pistol is, obviously, a Browning Medalist. I do still have that one smile
So that explains the safe dings. The pistoles are chasing each other around the rifles.. My pistoles must have had better upbringing. You must have a whore or two in there..
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Typically I don't find guns I forgot I had (though it has happened) I typically can't find one or two and can't remember if I sold it or just hid it. Regardless I hate when that happens. I had about decided I had sold an old Super Bearcat with stag grips and finally found it. Getting old sucks, but beats the alternative. laugh

I have the same problem. Misplaced a 2.5" Model 19 Smith for a couple years once. Currently I have been wondering what I did with one of my plastic guns. I get in a hurry, not wanting to open the safe and just hide a handgun real quick, then I forget where I hid it two months later when I go to look for it...
Wish I had a couple of these breeding in the safe blush

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=407623056

I thought 5" 10mm's were spendy, guess the short ones are worse!
If you ever get a pair they quickly breed out of control. The grips do the same damn thing! (grin)

If you're not careful, the 38's transform into 32's and 22's crazy
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b113/rdinak/Pre-31-B_zpscf6c84e7.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b113/rdinak/IMG_2904.jpg[/img]
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Unlikely. If you get a Ruger you don't know you had, then probably a Glock is in there somewhere and is getting it on with an FIE or the like. laugh

That's funny.
© 24hourcampfire