Home
Posted By: lastround Back in business..... - 04/15/14
at least for a little while. LGS got in ONE can of Unique. I got it!

[Linked Image]

This is the first can of Unique I have seen in about two years so I am proud of myself this morning.
Posted By: safariman Re: Back in business..... - 04/15/14
Great Grab! One can of unique makes a LOT of ammo! A can of Unique in my world lasts years. Even my 44 Magnum loads only use it 10grs at a time.

Is that a Model 66 I see laying there on the table? One of my all time favorite (probably my number ONE favorite) utility/all around 357's of all time.
Posted By: lastround Re: Back in business..... - 04/15/14
No, that is a 629-3. And I load 9.0 gr. so will get about 775 loaded cartridges out of that can. This handgun will be the very last handgun to ever be traded or sold. Hell, my son will get this one after I've gone down range.
Posted By: hamr56 Re: Back in business..... - 04/16/14
Congrats, fine looking rig you have there.
Posted By: dla Re: Back in business..... - 04/17/14
Originally Posted by lastround
at least for a little while. LGS got in ONE can of Unique. I got it!

This is the first can of Unique I have seen in about two years so I am proud of myself this morning.

Just about any powder would work (and better) - did you not shoot because you couldn't get your beloved Unique?
Posted By: lastround Re: Back in business..... - 04/17/14
No, I didn't quit shooting. I have a couple of cans of Universal that is a fair substitute for Unique, but Unique seems to be a little more accurate in my 44s. I had just been out for about two years and had been unable to find any.
Posted By: RJM Re: Back in business..... - 04/17/14
Saw an 8# jug at a local gun show over the weekend...$160 and I later saw someone walking around with it... That is the first one I have seen since Christmas.

Bob
Posted By: lastround Re: Back in business..... - 04/17/14
Not a bad price for that eight pounder! I paid $23.99 for this one pounder; about what it was two years ago.
Unique is a stellar powder.

Between unique and H110 a guy is set for the .44 Magnum.
Posted By: lastround Re: Back in business..... - 04/20/14
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Unique is a stellar powder.

Between unique and H110 a guy is set for the .44 Magnum.

That is dead on. I've got a little H110 also, but I don't load many full power loads anymore. I think I'm getting old, Mackay.
Posted By: lastround Re: Back in business..... - 04/20/14
As an aside here......as I mentioned on a previous post, I also have used Universal for reduced loads in my 44s and do find it to be a little cleaner burning than Unique. However, it seems that loads of the same velocity have a little sharper recoil with Universal than do my loads with Unique. My imagination or has anyone else experienced this? Is it just me?
Posted By: doubletap Re: Back in business..... - 04/20/14
I haven't noticed sharper recoil with Universal. I think of it as clean Unique.
© 24hourcampfire