Home
Posted By: Mikewriter Found some 230gr XTP's - - 04/22/14
In .451". I have been forced to limit my loads for .45ACP and .460 Rowland to 200gr XTP's for some time now, as even Hornady could not tell me when 230grs would be available again. Found them at Precision Reloading. Grabbed a couple of boxes, but left the rest for others.

Pigs beware!
Posted By: Gibby Re: Found some 230gr XTP's - - 04/22/14
Originally Posted by Mikewriter
In .451". I have been forced to limit my loads for .45ACP and .460 Rowland to 200gr XTP's for some time now, as even Hornady could not tell me when 230grs would be available again. Found them at Precision Reloading. Grabbed a couple of boxes, but left the rest for others.

Pigs beware!

I be damn. Good for you. They are few and far between still. If you see any HAP's, they work well too. They will take a little more velocity in that 460.
Posted By: safariman Re: Found some 230gr XTP's - - 04/23/14
Good deal for you!

Now, I need to locate some 180gr Gold Dots for my hot 10mm loads.

The one pig I used them on did not like the bullet one bit smile

I wish I did not have to travel so danged far to hunt piggies. Good eatin and fun to shoot.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Found some 230gr XTP's - - 04/23/14
Originally Posted by Mikewriter

Pigs beware!

Good score. The 230 XTP should be an excellent choice in the Rowland.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Found some 230gr XTP's - - 04/23/14
In 2004 Midsouth was selling 250 gr XTP blems for 6.5 cents each.

The max weight per box was 80 pounds for UPS.
Mark, I feel your pain. I have to drive 26 miles from my home to my hunting property - long darn haul for hog hunting!

I have been shooting the 230 XTP's as loaded by Georgia Arms in my Rowland for some time, now I can load my own. I have some friends who hog hunt with suppressed .44 mag rifles, using the 300gr XTP fired sub sonic. They kill an awful lot of pigs with them, and have seen expansion on the few bullets they have recovered, even at sub sonic velocities.
© 24hourcampfire