Home
Posted By: 41magfan For you J-Frame fans ... - 04/23/14
At first glance this looked a bit odd, but after some critical examination of the design and the subtle geometry, I'm inclined to think this may be a great J-Frame grip.

http://ergogrips.net/products/handgun-grips/delta-grip.html

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: For you J-Frame fans ... - 04/23/14
You've seen the TV shows with the spring loaded sleeve where the gun drops out of the guy's coat/shirt sleeve into his hand? With the .357 and one of these grips you get the opposite effect, when you shoot it the gun flies straight up your sleeve stopping somewhere around the armpit.
Posted By: RJM Re: For you J-Frame fans ... - 04/23/14
....it does at first look funny but in trying to imagine it in my had that may work...

Bob
Posted By: jimmyp Re: For you J-Frame fans ... - 04/23/14
So I got my hand wrapped around this rocket with a 300 MPS velocity and acceleration of 2 x 10(5) Meters per second that is shoving back into my wrist bone then naturally I want to put that package into something the size of a small apple that I cannot grip as well! I will get this and put it right next to my cough suppressor, Butt Out tool, Tink's smokin sticks and other weird but useless gun and hunting talisman.
I�d like to see some slow motion video before passing judgement.
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: For you J-Frame fans ... - 04/23/14

I'm guessing you'll shoot high.
Posted By: RWE Re: For you J-Frame fans ... - 04/23/14
functional if you decide to punch someone when you run out of bullets.

Maybe they could integrate brass knuckles into the design?
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: For you J-Frame fans ... - 04/23/14
Looks like it would be good for holding the gun at waist height, hip shooting smirk

Sort of like a LeMat revolver... smile
Posted By: TWR Re: For you J-Frame fans ... - 04/23/14
I'll pass.
Posted By: rifle Re: For you J-Frame fans ... - 04/23/14
Not much to hold on to...good way to get dis-armed
Posted By: 41magfan Re: For you J-Frame fans ... - 04/23/14
I'll grant you it's a bit non-traditional looking, but it's designed to fit the human hand; a reduced finger reach requires a tapered grip.

There's MORE to hold on to not less - and they've done it without adding too much to the overall dimensions of the gun.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: gmoats Re: For you J-Frame fans ... - 04/23/14
I tried one at the SHOT show---very comfortable BUT you have to cant your hand (bend your wrist) down to point/aim the gun and see the sights----the nice thing is that they're cheap so you can try it w/o breaking the bank---it would definitely take getting used to IMO.
Originally Posted by 41magfan
I'll grant you it's a bit non-traditional looking

Then why did they jack up a nice J frame, instead of tossing them on a chiappa rhino? 'non-traditional' would seem to go better on 'non-traditional'......
Posted By: whelennut Re: For you J-Frame fans ... - 04/23/14
They may look better on a charter arms bulldog?
Posted By: DMc Re: For you J-Frame fans ... - 04/24/14
Bleh...

DMc
Posted By: jds44 Re: For you J-Frame fans ... - 04/24/14
Originally Posted by gmoats
...BUT you have to cant your hand (bend your wrist) down to point/aim the gun and see the sights

My thoughts exactly. You can even see how much the guys wrist is bent in the pics a couple of posts up. Who ever came up with that was smoking crack.
Posted By: AB2506 Re: For you J-Frame fans ... - 04/24/14
Originally Posted by jds44
Originally Posted by gmoats
...BUT you have to cant your hand (bend your wrist) down to point/aim the gun and see the sights

My thoughts exactly. You can even see how much the guys wrist is bent in the pics a couple of posts up. Who ever came up with that was smoking crack.

It appears to me that the trigger finger is postioned way too high. Don't think I would be buying one.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: For you J-Frame fans ... - 04/25/14
It looks like it would point like a British Tower flintlock pistol, without the bulbous bludgeon cap on the end. The lack of the bludgeon cap should aid in concealability, plus you get the extra capacity of a repeating firearm.

No, actually, I suspect the Tower was designed for the grip angle, so the Tower would point better, but still not a repeater.
© 24hourcampfire