Home
Posted By: MontanaMan Nice 38 Super - 07/25/14
in the classifieds for the Super lovers; price has been dropped to $950 by the seller..........not mine, just caught my eye.

MM

38 Super for Sale
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Nice 38 Super - 07/25/14
That's a nice pistol, tastefully done. It's also an example of how you never get your money back out of custom work. If he finds the right buyer, the buyer will be a happy camper, but he's going to either keep dropping his price, or wait quite a while to find the right buyer.
Posted By: derby_dude Re: Nice 38 Super - 07/25/14
When I ordered my new Wilson I seriously thought of a .38 Super but quickly realized that finding my spent brass is even more of a PIA with .38 Super than .45ACP. I am glad I kept the .45ACP.
Originally Posted by GunGeek
That's a nice pistol, tastefully done. It's also an example of how you never get your money back out of custom work. If he finds the right buyer, the buyer will be a happy camper, but he's going to either keep dropping his price, or wait quite a while to find the right buyer.

That's true which is why I kept my options on the Wilson down to a dull roar. Wilson's prices hold up well but you still may not get all your money back on options.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Nice 38 Super - 07/25/14
When the gun is a keeper, I always say customize away. If you're not sure if you're going to hold on to it for life, then you'd better think twice if you're concerned about getting your money back out of it.
My Wilson is a keeper unless I die and then my wife can sell for whatever she can get. For my Wilson I decided to duplicate my Colt Gold Cup with all the Wilson parts as close as possible. I did not disappoint myself. I plan to wear the thing out with what life I have left.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Nice 38 Super - 07/26/14
Looks like anjon got a beautiful pistol
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Nice 38 Super - 07/26/14
JMHO, but that front strap is just plain ugly.
© 24hourcampfire