Home
Posted By: gitem_12 Came across a Tec-9 today - 08/12/14
And for some unknown reason I find myself seriously contemplating the purchase of it.

Anybody ever play with one?
These are the types of guns you don't tell anybody about owning. (or contemplating)

In the scheme of things, I would say that if the price was right, then a Tec 9 is a good investment.

All it will take is another tragedy, and they will sell for ridiculous figures.

All that said, I have never messed around with one.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Came across a Tec-9 today - 08/12/14
This is a closed bolt version, and the shop wants 400 for it. I dunno what the hell I would do with it, other than waste a bunch of ammuntion
Posted By: 4ager Re: Came across a Tec-9 today - 08/12/14
Sell to a hood rat for a grand? wink
You'll thank me later for telling you to let that one float on down the river.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Came across a Tec-9 today - 08/13/14
If it makes you happy, go for it. (Wouldn't make me happy.)
Aren't they the gun that actually advertised a finish resistant to showing fingerprints? smile

I think I'm with CT on this one. Different guns are always mechanically interesting but I don't think the Tec 9 has enough virtues to offset the notoriety of them.
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Came across a Tec-9 today - 08/13/14
If they were ... I probably wouldn't be sitting here in jail! - frown
Posted By: Boococky Re: Came across a Tec-9 today - 08/14/14
They are fun to shoot but a waste of ammo

I had one for a short time and let it go on down the road

Closed bolt models are by far the most common, the open bolts were the first design and were too easily modified to full auto

Here is a little nostalgia for ya

[Linked Image]
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Came across a Tec-9 today - 08/14/14
Open Bolt semi-auto Tec-9's were classified as machineguns by ATF around 1984-85. So if you see one, just walk away.

ETA - I think the original open bolt ones were called KG-9's back then. Then the closed bolt was called the KG-99; IIRC. At some point the original MFG sold out to Intratec (late '80's early '90's IIRC).

Pistol versions of SMG's and pistol version of assault rifles have never had ANY appeal to me other than they look cool. They are very difficult to hit anything with, so you end up just using them as a range hose. Worthless.
© 24hourcampfire