Home
I have the LW 1911 Commander with a broken barrel lug from being pounded by CorBon ammo. Not my doing. Anybody have a used replacement factory barrel for it?
But I thought LW Commander frames crack and give out before anything else...hahaha. Lemme txt a couple of friends and see if either of them have one.
No dice, one of my buds just sold one on Ebay 3wks ago. So check there, but they won't be cheap. Also know that Colt does sell barrels (when they have them) and they're a downright decent price.
I have a Commander barrel. It came out of a Series 70 Combat Commander. The original Colt barrel, is un-throated and in excellent condition and fired very little. Sent the gun to Novak for a new Bar-sto is why I have the barrel.
I will take it. Will respond to your pm.
Originally Posted by GunGeek
But I thought LW Commander frames crack and give out before anything else...hahaha.

This frame has not just been affected by over powered loads, it has been hammered repeatedly. Thus, the broken barrel lug. I would expect the link has been stretched too, though I have no way of knowing.

© 24hourcampfire