Home
Posted By: 4ager Another damned Ruger - 10/01/14
Followed me home. It shouldn't have, but for $400, I could leave it.

6.5" barreled, blued, Single-Six, adjustable sights. .32H&R Magnum.
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: Another damned Ruger - 10/01/14

Hell, it would have been a crime to leave it. Nice score.
Posted By: 4ager Re: Another damned Ruger - 10/01/14
Came within a gnat's azz of getting a 6.5" Blackhawk in .41 Magnum, too. Maybe later.
Posted By: Mesabi Re: Another damned Ruger - 10/01/14
If you reload, you'll come to love that .32. Good snag!
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Another damned Ruger - 10/01/14
He's got a history with the 32 H&R Magnum. This ain't his first one. smile

Nice grab, 4ager. I'd have had to do the same thing.
Posted By: 4ager Re: Another damned Ruger - 10/01/14
Damned enablers.
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Another damned Ruger - 10/02/14
wink
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Another damned Ruger - 10/02/14
Originally Posted by 4ager
Followed me home. It shouldn't have, but for $400, I could leave it.

6.5" barreled, blued, Single-Six, adjustable sights. .32H&R Magnum.

Great Price! I couldn't have passed it up either! I love my 4.75" Single Six in 32 H&R Mag.

I can't wait to get my New Single Seven in 327 Mag. I've got a 5.5" bbl ordered! I'll probably shoot mostly .32 H&R ammo in it, since I have a ton of brass & Ammo already.
Posted By: T LEE Re: Another damned Ruger - 10/02/14
I had a hell of a time walking out of the local GS empty handed today, he had two SS old model Vaqueros in .45 Colt, 3.5 in barrels & bird head grips for $575.00 ea, One had the black grips and the other the Ivorex ones, that one I wanted BAD. They are mint with box & papers. DAMN Social Security anyway.
Posted By: Scott F Re: Another damned Ruger - 10/02/14
Originally Posted by T LEE
I had a hell of a time walking out of the local GS empty handed today, he had two SS old model Vaqueros in .45 Colt, 3.5 in barrels & bird head grips for $575.00 ea, One had the black grips and the other the Ivorex ones, that one I wanted BAD. They are mint with box & papers. DAMN Social Security anyway.

You are making me cry just thinking about them!
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Another damned Ruger - 10/02/14

It didn't follow you home ... You dragged it out of the store, kicking and screaming!
Posted By: Mikewriter Re: Another damned Ruger - 10/02/14
I feel your pain. Monday I began a relationship with a New Model Blackhawk (not Super) .45LC, with a 6.5" barrel, blued, very good shape for $475.

Almost negated my bad experience with Rugers lately. I got the new replacement for my damaged SBH .44 mag, had mis-matched grips - one "normal" Rosewood, the other much darker than I like. Then I discovered The cylinder doesn't lock up tight unless it is cocked. If I just align the cylinder after loading or whatever and close the gate, it a-l-m-o-s-t locks up, but with a tiny bit of pressure, it will move to the next position, dragging the cylinder against the stuff that is supposed to hold it. Customer Service was not helpful yesterday, got a little rude, I had to get rude back. Explained that I have a new gun that is not worth new gun price, and I want it made right! We'll see what today brings? Maybe I'll just go back to buying only second-hand guns?
Posted By: The_Yetti Re: Another damned Ruger - 10/02/14
I'd be all over that or a 327 federal if I find one, always had a thing for the Single six in those calibers.
Posted By: Robster Re: Another damned Ruger - 10/02/14
Awesome score, I love the .32 mag as well!!!
Posted By: 4ager Re: Another damned Ruger - 10/03/14
Yeah, I'm going to like this one a good bit, I suspect. I'm contemplating loads from a HOT 130 grain LWFN to a "reloadable .22LR subsonic" using a .315" 45 grain ball at about 500-800 fps.

Now, to find dies...
Posted By: T_O_M Re: Another damned Ruger - 10/03/14
I've got a pile of brass, dies, and bullets for .32 mag. I can't decide whether to track down a gun or sell the dies 'n' components. Argh.
T_O_M;

PM sent.
Found a set of dies hiding in the inventory tonight. crazy
Posted By: 4ager Re: Another damned Ruger - 10/04/14
So, anyone have any experience with the .314-.315" 47 grain roundballs over about 3.0 grains of Unique?
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Another damned Ruger - 10/04/14
Bristoe.

If anybody around here as done that recipe, it'd be him.
© 24hourcampfire