Home
Posted By: jimmyp FNX Tactical Opinions - 10/08/14
Find myself wanting a larger, higher capacity 45ACP to carry on my hip while walking my leases in the off season, something that will take a red dot sight and stumbled across this 33 ounce pistol, however wondered if anyone had one here. I am also wondering what holster you would use with the red dot!
Posted By: BluMtn Re: FNX Tactical Opinions - 10/08/14
I have an FNX45 non threaded. Nice shooting gun. Low muzzle flip. Not sure about what kind of holster to tell with those parameters. I have a uncle mikes right now that works.
Posted By: varmintsinc Re: FNX Tactical Opinions - 10/08/14
If you run something like a delta or fastfire setup almost any holster will work. If you go kydex it would only take a few minutes with a dremel to make any necessary clearances.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: FNX Tactical Opinions - 10/09/14
How accurate would you say it is compared say to a decent 1911?
Great.Pistoles! I won one from FN back when I was in the Firearms Industry. Mine will easily shoot 2" 5 shot groups of a sandbag at 25 yards. Very reliable too. I like the 16 round mag capacity. Wouldn't hesitate to buy another.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: FNX Tactical Opinions - 10/14/14
I may have to do some trading to get one. Out with the wheel guns in with the autos.
Posted By: BluMtn Re: FNX Tactical Opinions - 10/15/14
Mine is far more accurate than I am. I can make a 1 liter water bottle dance everytime at 25 yrds. I have owned a lot of 1911s and really like them but I will take my FNX anyday. Softer recoil and twice as many rounds. Only drawback is it is no thing of beauty like a 1911.
I have had my FNP Tactical with the Leupold Deltapoint for about 4 years. It is the precursor to the FNX. Mine has always been 100% reliable regardless of ammo. It is a big gun with its 16rd capacity but very easy to shoot accurately and very tame due to its size.

I use a blade tech holster that I dremeled to clear the optic for mine and couldn't be happier
I have had my FNP Tactical with the Leupold Deltapoint for about 4 years. It is the precursor to the FNX. Mine has always been 100% reliable regardless of ammo. It is a big gun with its 16rd capacity but very easy to shoot accurately and very tame due to its size.

I use a blade tech holster that I dremeled to clear the optic for mine and couldn't be happier
© 24hourcampfire