Home
Yesterday while in my LGS I saw an almost new Ruger Security -Six w/ a 4" bbl.(hardly a turn mark on the cylinder, original wood grips, no box but owners manual, SN# 152-XXXXX and no bluing wear) for $450.00 OTD.

I haven't seen one in ages and certainly not in that kind of shape; is $450 a reasonable price?

I have the same gun in SS that I bought 8 or 9 years ago for $250; and I certainly enjoy carrying it in the woods at camp. It has been durable, reliable and built like a tank.

If it's still there on Monday I think I may have to have them wrap it up and bring it home.

SC
Yep, buy it at that price.
Well you certainly aren't going to find another one for $250. I'd go back and get that one for $450, maybe offer less, lay out 4 $100 bills but bring a couple of $20's with you. smile
Not sure if that's a lasting trend, but I have noticed that prices on the Security-Six have climbed significantly the last couple of years. Given, the current price of a new GP100, I don't think that's too high.
I think the Ruger Speed/Service/Security Six series are among the best DA .357s ever built. I'd take that price with a smile.
Grab it ASAP....you will probably never find another like it these days.
I haven't seen one in several years.
I lucked out and found a NIB stainless 4" Security Six for $500, earlier this year. One of my favorite 357 mags. Not near as slick as a S&W 19, but built like a tank in ever respect. And very accurate to boot. You'll never wear out a Security Six with so called "hot loads"

And yessir, I'd buy every one I could get at $450 on a like new blue Model.
I paid 475 for one, although it come with a holster and 100 rounds of 38.
Originally Posted by lastround
Yep, buy it at that price.
I agree.
Sounds like a sweet deal. A bargain.
Sounds like a sweet deal. A bargain.
Well I went by the LGS yesterday after work and the Security-Six was still there.

It is now on layaway till payday.

SC
Originally Posted by StarchedCover
Yesterday while in my LGS I saw an almost new Ruger Security -Six w/ a 4" bbl.(hardly a turn mark on the cylinder, original wood grips, no box but owners manual, SN# 152-XXXXX and no bluing wear) for $450.00 OTD.

I haven't seen one in ages and certainly not in that kind of shape; is $450 a reasonable price?

I have the same gun in SS that I bought 8 or 9 years ago for $250; and I certainly enjoy carrying it in the woods at camp. It has been durable, reliable and built like a tank.

If it's still there on Monday I think I may have to have them wrap it up and bring it home.

SC
Good call. Think of it this way. Where are you going to get that good of a .357, in that good of shape, for that kind of money. Security Six is a very good revolver.
© 24hourcampfire