Home
until he didn't agree anymore with the gear that won those same matches. :-) I laughed myself silly when I saw the change. Most of us that knew him well had seen the hyprocite come out of el Jefe many times before this.
Complete and total BS.
Coop was writing about "practical" competition. That's what the "P" stood for in IPSC. When the guns and gear started to resemble Star Wars, he divested himself of the whole gamesmanship deal. Coop was like the rest of us Dinosaurs. We see what gamesmen consider the word "Practical" to mean, and we know that the English language is doomed.

As for being hypocritical, it simply appears he expected intelligent men to understand what practical meant, and not try to game it, and he expected the powers that be, to limit the gamesmanship to that which was practical.

Coop was three times the man that any of his detractors ever were...or currently are.
What's not to love?

[Linked Image]

Travis
Can you spell troll?
I can, but i'm pretty sure he fell out of the dumb dumb tree and hit too many branches on the way down
Originally Posted by Savuti
Can you spell troll?

Not just troll, but I'd bet money that it's an old recycled troll.
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Can you spell troll?

Agree completely.
I think he would be impressed at the skills some of the current shooters possess. I think you all would in the flesh.

Of course most of those guys in the picture probably launched a little lead at targets that shot back.
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Can you spell troll?

Smells like it.......
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
Coop was writing about "practical" competition. That's what the "P" stood for in IPSC. When the guns and gear started to resemble Star Wars, he divested himself of the whole gamesmanship deal. Coop was like the rest of us Dinosaurs. We see what gamesmen consider the word "Practical" to mean, and we know that the English language is doomed.

As for being hypocritical, it simply appears he expected intelligent men to understand what practical meant, and not try to game it, and he expected the powers that be, to limit the gamesmanship to that which was practical.

Coop was three times the man that any of his detractors ever were...or currently are.

Spot on, Dan. Race guns as they have become known certainly are not practical and are not daily carry pistols.

Originally Posted by supercrewd
I think he would be impressed at the skills some of the current shooters possess. I think you all would in the flesh.

Of course most of those guys in the picture probably launched a little lead at targets that shot back.

Plus they look really cool.

Travis
Originally Posted by deflave
What's not to love?

[Linked Image]

Travis

Giants, on whose shoulders we stand...
Originally Posted by squesh
until he didn't agree anymore with the gear that won those same matches. :-) I laughed myself silly when I saw the change. Most of us that knew him well had seen the hyprocite come out of el Jefe many times before this.
WOW, is that the sum total of your critical thinking skills?

As for the "Most of us that knew him well" part; I'm calling you out. Put up or shut up. My guess is you'll do neither.
© 24hourcampfire