Home
my signature is on the charter, too. :-) I got to talk to Cirillo and Jeff quite a bit, as well as Bruce Nelson, etc. Mass Ayoob was not there, altho he seems to have claimed that he was. I rode out to the first IPSC natl's in Bill Wilson's Firebird. He'd been unable to attend the conference, because he was shooting in the Second Chance pin match, IIRC. Back then, we were all quite slow, by today's standards. A draw and 2 A's at 25 yds, in 2.5 seconds, was considered top performance. Now it's 5 such hits, same distance, time, and "limited" 1911
Raul Walters won the Leatherslap we started the Conference with, 1.05 seconds, from a Sparks walk and draw rig, using the surrender start. Thell Reed would not compete, because Jeff would not let him use the "hand hover" start position, which SA revolver match shooters all use. A year later, after I got a fast draw timer from Arganbright, I was posting sub-1.0 second times for such draw and hits, from concealment. :-)

We thought that an 8 second El prez was fast, too. A year later, I was occasionally cracking 5.0 seconds, altho normally dropping a couple of hits into the D zone when I did so.
Now we're pretending to post pictures to help our pretending? This site gets better by the day.

Travis
Here, I found it...

[Linked Image]
I thought I saw your signature on the Declaration of Independence. Here is a picture from the after party. Which one are you?
Originally Posted by supercrewd
Here, I found it...

[Linked Image]

That right there is funny!!
Brady Bunch, dating yourself just a little. lol
Bottom row third from left is a woman........ Are you sure you posted the right photo?
Originally Posted by Whitworth1
Bottom row third from left is a woman........ Are you sure you posted the right photo?

You have something against women?
Well, he's back.....?
Here's a photo of my signature on the Declaration of Independence.

And here I am, third from the right, behind T. Jefferson (next to Franklin).
So you're saying you're a bottom?
I heard you boys knocked back a lot of Madeira that day! I am hoping somebody leaks some of those pictures.
Originally Posted by Whitworth1

Now think about it...
Here, I found it...

[Linked Image]

Classic
Here, I found it...

[Linked Image]

laugh

did you wear the glasses and have the long hair when you were shooting? Plus did your tits slow you down?
Originally Posted by bea175
did you wear the glasses and have the long hair when you were shooting? Plus did your tits slow you down?

I'm pretty sure that gals don't use their "tits" to shoot a firearm. But hey, I could be wrong in this case. LOL
I did not realize you had Wi Fi at the state hospital.
Looks like the Manson Crew
Originally Posted by squesh
my signature is on the charter, too. :-) I got to talk to Cirillo and Jeff quite a bit, as well as Bruce Nelson, etc. Mass Ayoob was not there, altho he seems to have claimed that he was. I rode out to the first IPSC natl's in Bill Wilson's Firebird. He'd been unable to attend the conference, because he was shooting in the Second Chance pin match, IIRC. Back then, we were all quite slow, by today's standards. A draw and 2 A's at 25 yds, in 2.5 seconds, was considered top performance. Now it's 5 such hits, same distance, time, and "limited" 1911

�.if it's the picture that I'm familiar with (Columbia Conference https://www.ipsc.org/ipsc/columbiaconference.php) then you're Jon Davis---if so, how you doing? You probably don't remember me---I wasn't at the Columbia Conference (was still on active duty in the Corps) but got there six months later. I remember very well Raul's walk and draw Sparks rig---he had the first long barreled 6" BarSto barreled Pachmayr that I ever saw. Wilson used to come to the MPPL matches and sell trinkets on the hood of his car (although I remember him having a MOPAR car-Duster,etc. IIRC). You ran a match one time when you drove down from Illinois and slept in in your car on the range---early 1977 IIRC. Arganbright is a name that I hadn't thought of for a while. He wrote quite a few articles for American Handgunner---still have one of his Hackathorn Special copies somewhere.

Most of those guys are dead now---you, Rick Miller, Ken Hackathorn, Dick Thomas and Thell Reed are still with us---is Jerry Gore still alive?
Cheers,
Greg Moats
© 24hourcampfire