Home
Posted By: saddlering LCR 9MM - 10/25/14
Did some swaping at the gun show today, ended up with a LCR 9mm, been hearing alot of good stuff about the LCRs, only shot it 15 times today but hits point of aim at 7yrds recoil not to bad, thinking Im going to like this one! anyone else have one?
Posted By: BlueDuck Re: LCR 9MM - 10/25/14
I didn't know they made a LCR in 9mm. Interesting..........
Posted By: saddlering Re: LCR 9MM - 10/25/14
saw them on gunbroker, they had one at the gunshow today, have to use moon clips but fast to unload and load! Im likeing it!
Posted By: asphaltangel Re: LCR 9MM - 10/26/14
[quote=BlueDuck]I didn't know they made a LCR in 9mm. Interesting.........

LCP?
Posted By: achadwick Re: LCR 9MM - 10/26/14
Are you talking about a Ruger LC9?

http://www.ruger.com/products/lc9/models.html
Posted By: saddlering Re: LCR 9MM - 10/26/14
No Sir LCR!
Posted By: Waders Re: LCR 9MM - 10/26/14
http://www.ruger.com/products/lcr/specSheets/5456.html#

I've owned a 9mm revolver. I didn't care for moon clips. Hope you enjoy yours, though!
Posted By: asphaltangel Re: LCR 9MM - 10/26/14
Thanks for clarifying this Waders. I learn something new on here just about every day.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: LCR 9MM - 10/26/14
I don't understand the whole moon clips in revolvers thing. The first moon clip revolvers were made because enough 1911's could be made, not because they were better.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: LCR 9MM - 10/26/14
I love that moon clips give me the ability to shoot auto rounds in a revolver. I like that I don't have to go chasing brass and have the ability to shoot both 40 and 10mm in the same revolver. Reloads are FAST. Wouldn't say they are better, but it's nice to be able to shoot the same rounds in either platform.
Posted By: northcountry Re: LCR 9MM - 10/26/14
I believe that Charter Arms offer both the 9mm and 40S&W with out needing moon clips. Please correct me if I am wrong. Cheers NC
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: LCR 9MM - 10/26/14
IIRC Ruger made some 9mmx19 Security Six revolvers that didn't need moon type clips for the French police.
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: LCR 9MM - 10/26/14
Can a person shoot 38 specials in it without the moon clips in place?
Posted By: saddlering Re: LCR 9MM - 10/28/14
As to the RUGER Info says just to use 9MM ammo in it, I think the 38 s will be to long. Has anybody that has a LCR have they changed the front sight? there other sights for sale but would like to hear from other before i spend money on one.
Posted By: saddlering Re: LCR 9MM - 10/28/14
Something to think about, you get 3 clips with the handgun I ordered 2 sets of 3 from Ruger, just got an Email they are back ordered and maybe for 4-6 weeks!
Posted By: stanimal Re: LCR 9MM - 10/29/14
Originally Posted by saddlering
Has anybody that has a LCR have they changed the front sight? there other sights for sale but would like to hear from other before i spend money on one.

I have a .38 LCR and changed the front sight twice. First was a HiViz fiber optic that I wasn't crazy about. Now it wears a tritium (Meprolight as I recall). Not as bright as my other night sights but still workable. Pretty simple process to swap the sight out.
© 24hourcampfire