Home
For as long as I can remember, I have idolized my grand father's all original, series 70 colt commander. I pled my case to him for years about how I would love to own that gun. Unfortunately, we lost him September 10th, we all miss him dearly. Having lost him made that fire inside for a series 70 Colt burn all that much stronger. In my mind, it is a connection to him every time I see it, touch it, shoot it.

Recently, I made a deal with a member here that I normally wouldn't. I traded off the first gun I ever bought myself, and killed my first two deer with. I thought I would never get rid of, but I could not pass it up.

With out further a due, here is my shooter grade, original series 70 Colt.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Nice. Congrats. Series '70? I can't read it.
Yes, series 70.

Camera ranch, so not the best photos.
Posted By: Scott F Re: I finally joined the club! - 11/18/14
Looks like a real keeper. What happened to your grand father's Colt?
Still hanging around, grandma is still kicking, so nothing happens until then. But, I have a feeling my uncle will get the guns and I'll have to beg him after that. We shall see.
You've gotta be happy with that purchase! Congrats, and I hope you end up with your Grandfather's as well.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: I finally joined the club! - 11/18/14

Congratulations! I can feel your pride in the OP I am very happy for you.
Very nice. I had one just like that in the 1980s. Always sorry I sold it.
Posted By: 4ager Re: I finally joined the club! - 11/18/14
Great pistol, and good luck getting it's "brother" via Grandma and not your uncle.
The good news is my uncle is a pretty good dude, and really close with my mom.

Bad news is him and grandma bought the gun for grandpa 20++ years ago.
Posted By: JOG Re: I finally joined the club! - 11/19/14
In case you didn't know, the collet bushing is friction fit. When field stripping the pistol push the slide back enough to take the recoil spring pressure off the collet bushing. Otherwise the collet fingers will be twisted between the barrel and the slide. That's a good tip for any tight fit bushing, but especially true for collets.
© 24hourcampfire