Home
My Daughter has the "bug" for a new pistol.

She's had Glocks,S&W shields and the Springfield in her hands and says the Springfield fits her hands best.

She is going to see if she can rent one to try.

Anyone have any feed back on this pistol? Good/bad?

Thanks! Virgil B.
Mine shot to the sights, as far as I could see (practically). It never jammed once, but a friend XD9 Sub did finally break the firing pin retaining pin... after about ten thousand rounds. I foolishly traded mine off to acquire a Beretta that my youngest son was lusting after. As you might guess, he doesn't take the Beretta out at all, and I should have kept the Sub. Strangely, M&Ps are cheaper than XDs now, so the Subs replacement may be an M&P Compact or Shield. I need to think this out a little more.
Posted By: bea175 Re: Springfield XD 9 Compact - 12/25/14
The XD subcompact 9mm I have has never failed to function. Actually none of my XD's have ever failed to function. Your daughter needs to look at the New XDs 3.3 in 9mm or 45 acp because they are about as good as it gets in a small powerful handgun for conceal carry
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Springfield XD 9 Compact - 12/25/14
The XD Subcompact is being replaced by the XD Mod 2 with the redesigned grip.
I'll pass this along!

Thanks!

Virgil B.
Is this the xd-9 or the xds-9? Either is a fine choice but I suspect it is the xds-9.

XD9
[Linked Image]

XDs-9
[Linked Image]
I have two XD's, neither being exactly what you're asking about, but I flat out love them both.

Everything is for sale, right? That his true to about 98% of the stuff I have... excluding my xd40 in OD green.
Originally Posted by bea175
The XD subcompact 9mm I have has never failed to function. Actually none of my XD's have ever failed to function. Your daughter needs to look at the New XDs 3.3 in 9mm or 45 acp because they are about as good as it gets in a small powerful handgun for conceal carry

I have to agree. I bought two of the XDS .45s. I was showing them to the Son in law, a Glock fan. Sadly, he took the Stainless slide XDS for a test run last year....................
He says it's a better carry piece than the .40 Glock Compact he used to carry.
My XD-9 is one of the most dependable and accurate pistols I own. I don't see a time I would ever have the notion to get rid of it.
© 24hourcampfire