Home
Stopped at the local high priced shop and they had 4 pound jugs of w231. smile

Question...

Anyone use hs-6?

Several shops now have it in stock and I picked a couple pounds up to try.

Favorite calibers to use it in?
I use it in my .40 S&W. No problems.
I reload 38/357, 45acp and 45colt.

Bullseye, Unique, W231 and H110 have been my main powders.

Interested where HS-6 would fit in.
Yessir- that damn powder (HS6) was my unicorn powder for almost a year. Finally found a huge amount at Precision Reloading in Mitchell, SD and hopefully I'm set for years. I use it in .475 Linebaugh primarily but will try it also in .460 S&W Mag as well .44 Mag and possibly .327 Fed Mag.

-John
I'd love to find some up here.
Used it in my 6" .38 with 158gr SWC.
Meters nice ,shot accurately and when I got around to shooting it over my chrony it was doing better than 1000 fps.
The local toy store was well stocked with HS-6 and Titegroup, so I grabbed a couple pounds of each, though I had never used either before.

I loaded a couple hundred 45 ACP with the 185 Berry's HB and HS-6 to 900 fps. They shot well, but a little dirty. The empty brass was quite black inside. I understand this powder is outstanding with heavy bullets in the 45ACP.

I also intend to Use HS-6 for some midrange loads in the 41 mag. It will serve as a replacement for Blue Dot or SR4756, which I have not seen available for several years.

The Titegroup is already serving as fodder for a 175 gr cast bullet in the 41 mag at 6 gr per load.
I bought some a while back to use in the 44mag, but lately have been loading it in 45 colt and 45acp. Does alright, as stated above, meters well and provides good accuracy. No real complaints.
My go to powder from my 44 Special's to my 475 and 500 Linebaugh's.
Sounds like it does well in the bigger bores.

I think I will try it in the 45colt.

Would it be a good powder for a 45colt rifle load in a Browning 1885?

38spcl lswc and 9mm 124gr seem like a good fit for it also,

I would like to work up a load for the 9mm with 124 Gold Dots.
They would be used in a couple 3rd generation aluminum framed Smiths- a 3913 and a 915.
Right up to the lower numbers for +p to keep frame wear down.

Thanks...giving me some ideas.
I've been using HS6 to reload 9mm for about 24 years now.
HS-6 in my 9mm since I got it in 1993. May use it in my new .40 as well.
I think I will try it in the 45colt.

HS-6 is great for midrange power loads, 13 - 15 grains will propel a 250 to around 1,050 - 1,225 fps
I've used it - but I'll be danged if I can recall what for...

crazy
Works well in 16 gauge pheasant loads as I recall.

And I used it in .45 ACP & .44 Mag reduced loads (I've used almost everything in .44 Mag reduced loads).

Load it, shoot it & be happy to have it.
© 24hourcampfire