Home
The rear sight pin on my Single Seven drifts out of the frame with minor use or carry. I am afraid that I will lose the entire rear sight assembly.

[Linked Image]

Any suggestions? Other than trade it in on a Smith & Wesson?
A small--very small- dab of blue loctite.
Originally Posted by Oregon45
A small--very small- dab of blue loctite.

yep
Okay. Thanks! I'll have to buy some next time I am at town. All I have around the house is red, and I thought I might want to get the thing apart again some day.

My grand kids love shooting this thing with light loads, and I want to do something quick before one of them has to deal with losing part of Papa's revolver. It would not be that big a deal to me, but any one of the kids would feel guilty as hell, even if it was not their fault.

It is going into the 'smith to get a free spin conversion. Perhaps he will have a more permanent solution.
Bend it a bit, a small bit, then loctite.
Originally Posted by EdM
Bend it a bit, a small bit...

I skip the Loctite.
Oh! Okay.

Wow, it bent much more easily than I expected.

Then I used a penny for a punch and drove it back home without leaving a mark on the frame. Much better results than my usual gun butchery.
I always thought that walking pin was a cleaning indicator - when it's halfway out, time to clean. wink
I've had the same problem on a few of my Rugers. I agree, just bend the pin a little. You should be good to go from there.

I'm not a fan of Locktite. Good product, I'm just not a fan.
The best way to do it is a friction hold, not Locktite. You take the pin out and chuck it into your vise. Now give it a few LIGHT taps laterally to put the slightest bend into the pin, then tap it back into place. That will secure the pin with a slight spring pressure.
He has already done the bend fix as previously suggested.
© 24hourcampfire