Home
Posted By: 4ager Simply Rugged - 02/23/15
Ordered this on 2/5. Expected 4-6 week wait time, but it shipped on 2/17. After USPS took 6 days to deliver it via Priority (yep, half the time to make it), it arrived today.

A "customization" of Rob's "Loaded Pancake" made for a Single-Six .32H&R Magnum with two rows of cartridge loops (six each).

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Simply Rugged - 02/23/15
That is a stellar setup. Perfect way to pack that cool single action in style.

I call first dibs if you decide you want to get rid of it someday.

Posted By: gunner500 Re: Simply Rugged - 02/23/15
Here's a second motion from the back pew, grin Dont figger those little XTP's will leave you lacking either, nice rig 4Ager.
Posted By: 4ager Re: Simply Rugged - 02/23/15
Appreciate it.

If this little SS didn't shoot as well as it did, it'd be wearing a 4 5/8" barrel now. But, it shoots extremely well.

The XTP JHPs are in the loops for now, but only because I'm low on 95 grain LFN loads. I need to fix that, and soon, as I prefer those in the .32 and this one shoots them very well.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Simply Rugged - 02/23/15
That's a nice chunk of dead cow you got there. And the .32 H&R Single Six is pretty darned cool also.
Posted By: EdM Re: Simply Rugged - 02/23/15
Rob does great work and is a great guy to boot. Been using his stuff for years.
Posted By: NH K9 Re: Simply Rugged - 02/23/15
Nice!

I always envisioned a rig like that (but only six rounds) or the TX Pancake combined with a Chesty Puller for my Mtn. Gun.

The holster Jim gave me is just too damn slick to replace, though.
Posted By: deflave Re: Simply Rugged - 02/23/15
Originally Posted by 4ager
Appreciate it.

If this little SS didn't shoot as well as it did, it'd be wearing a 4 5/8" barrel now. But, it shoots extremely well.

The XTP JHPs are in the loops for now, but only because I'm low on 95 grain LFN loads. I need to fix that, and soon, as I prefer those in the .32 and this one shoots them very well.

I'd leave that barrel just as it is. I like the 4" stuff a lot but I am starting to like a 6" for straight killing stuff.

Nice leather.

Travis
Posted By: 4ager Re: Simply Rugged - 02/23/15
The 'Flave has spoken. It shall be done.
Posted By: deflave Re: Simply Rugged - 02/24/15
Have you tried any of the Rim Rock .32 cal stuff?

If you're out of lead they are worth a look.

Travis
Posted By: 4ager Re: Simply Rugged - 02/24/15
Not familiar with them at all. I'll check them out. Appreciate that.
Posted By: deflave Re: Simply Rugged - 02/24/15
I think you'll like 'em.

http://rimrockbullets.net/

Posted By: tjm10025 Re: Simply Rugged - 02/24/15

Very nice. I like Simply Rugged.
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: Simply Rugged - 02/24/15
Bought some Rimrocks after they were mentioned here, shot some, and the accuracy was fine.. I plan to lay in a bigger supply in a couple weeks..
Posted By: EdM Re: Simply Rugged - 02/24/15
Short story on Rob. I was working in a construction camp on one of our projects in Qatar. I ordered two holsters from Rob to be shipped to my Idaho address. He noticed that one of my locations on that particular forum was "Middle East". This back when the US was in pretty full effort there. He emailed me advising that he would ship the two gratis given my "greatly appreciated military work". I advised Rob of the truth and suggested he find someone serving and pass them on. He did just that, confirming it a few weeks later.

By the way, the 115 WFN from Hunters Supply is a helluva bullet in both of my 32's. Both did need throats cut to shoot best though.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Simply Rugged - 02/24/15
I never knew of Simply Rugged till this thread. I see he makes a holster for my H&R 999, I'm ordering one.
Posted By: Dude270 Re: Simply Rugged - 02/24/15
Rob makes a great holster and is a really nice guy as well.
You will be pleased
© 24hourcampfire