Home
Posted By: erich Thank you everyone - 03/26/15
After the discussion here and the responses to another thread in the "Ask the Gunwriter". I went and looked at the S&W Shield, Springfield XDM / XDM Compact and the Glock 19 / 26.

The Glock 19 won hands down.

Thanks again.

erich
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: Thank you everyone - 03/26/15
Good choice.
Posted By: k20350 Re: Thank you everyone - 03/26/15
I bleed S&W blue and it pains me but Glocks as ugly as they are are damn fine fighting guns. U can treat a Glock like your lawnmower and it will keep going for ever. I really miss my G20............
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Thank you everyone - 03/26/15
You chose well.
Posted By: 4ager Re: Thank you everyone - 03/26/15
The G19 is a winner. Enjoy, and be safe.
Posted By: Dingmo Re: Thank you everyone - 03/27/15
What were your deciding factors between the Glock and SA XDM? They seem the same to me...
Posted By: erich Re: Thank you everyone - 03/27/15
The XDM had a larger grip, I have small hands and the XDM was much heavier. Even the 26 felt like the grip was larger than the 19.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Thank you everyone - 03/27/15
It's hard to beat a Glock 19 for an out of the box reliable Wonder Nine.

I purchased a 19 over 20 years ago when they first came out. I've never regretted it once, either. Don't carry it much anymore, as I prefer my Glock 32, which is the same size Glock in .357sig.
Posted By: erich Re: Thank you everyone - 04/07/15
I got to the range with the 19 and love it. Shooting with my wrists resting on a rest I could keep all the rounds in a mans torso sized target at 100 yards with Walmart Perfecta 115gr.

Off hand is another story, having shot single action autos and revolvers single action, it is going to take some time to get used to the Glock trigger. Even at 50 yards I was having a hard time keeping them in a 12x12 target, about 50% in the target.
The Perfecta ammo seems to shoot very well and at $11./50 it is hard to justify reloading for practice but I'm keeping all the brass as it is pretty good looking brass and has fuction flawlessly.
© 24hourcampfire