Home
Posted By: chlinstructor New Glock 43 - 04/14/15
Are already posted on GunBroker & people are bidding crazy prices! For a gun that's supposed to retail for $470 bucks, I believe I can wait till the new wears off instead of paying stupid prices. There are 73 listed right now, for those of you who just can't wait !

Not my auction http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=478414351
Posted By: Campboss Re: New Glock 43 - 04/14/15
After my experience with my 42, I think I will wait, A LONG TIME!
Posted By: varmintsinc Re: New Glock 43 - 04/14/15
I wont look but what are they actually going for?
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: New Glock 43 - 04/14/15
Priced anywhere form $600 to $900 on the ones with a buy it now price listed. Like I said, I can wait till the new wears off. People bid stupid when a new gun first hits GunBroker. NOT ME
Posted By: viking Re: New Glock 43 - 04/15/15
GTs is back ordered until June.
Posted By: rifle Re: New Glock 43 - 04/15/15
My LGS got one yesterday.Not bad,but I can wait,I still like my XDS...does feel better in the hand than the 42 mouse gun
Posted By: jimmyp Re: New Glock 43 - 04/15/15
I have a 42, it is a LW no recoil pistol. It makes some sense in some applications, however a PM9 makes more sense. I will look at the 43 if it is lighter than the PM9, that and the short trigger pull/reset are why it might make some sense.

Only a fool will pay scalpers prices on a want.
Posted By: NTG Re: New Glock 43 - 04/15/15
....yada yada...get a shield.
Posted By: AH64guy Re: New Glock 43 - 04/15/15
These bidders are the same crowd that gets in line at 8:00 the night prior for a new iPhone/fill-in-the-blank/release...

No thanks.
Posted By: Oldquailhunter Re: New Glock 43 - 04/15/15
I was looking at those on gunbroker last night and laughing. $999 buy it now price...

Mine is supposed to be here next month. Guess I'll have to wait until then.

Dink
Posted By: iblong Re: New Glock 43 - 04/15/15
If I was spending 900.00 I would not be buying a 43 or any other Glock,and I like Glocks.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: New Glock 43 - 04/15/15
XDS 9mm runs rings around the Glock
Posted By: hikerbum Re: New Glock 43 - 04/15/15
Why would anyone pay 600-900 for a gun that will be in the LGS for $450 or less in a matter of weeks? I don't get it.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: New Glock 43 - 04/15/15
Originally Posted by hikerbum
Why would anyone pay 600-900 for a gun that will be in the LGS for $450 or less in a matter of weeks? I don't get it.

^^^This^^^
And Idiots abound everywhere nowadays wink
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: New Glock 43 - 04/15/15
Because, just like the phones and watches, they have to the first to get one--
Posted By: VAhuntr Re: New Glock 43 - 04/15/15
I pick mine up April 20th, $358 plus tax...blue label gun.
I bet GT Distributers in Austin will have some in stock for a good price shortly. They are probably the biggest LEO suppliers in TX. I can wait.
Posted By: shortactionsmoker Re: New Glock 43 - 04/15/15
I have 4 on my desk in the office right now. I'm not putting them on the floor until next weekend. We have an event scheduled and I want a few in stock.

There is no doubt in my mind that had they been on the floor, they would have been scooped up already for resale potential.
Good to see there are some honest dealers here on the Fire. I'm betting your gonna retail them for "normal" price.
Posted By: shortactionsmoker Re: New Glock 43 - 04/15/15
Yea sir. We don't advertise our Glock prices, but they're priced right.
Posted By: viking Re: New Glock 43 - 04/15/15
I was at GTs yesterday, they said back ordered til June.
Posted By: ready_on_the_right Re: New Glock 43 - 04/15/15
Ga State Patrol switching from .45 GAP to 9mm so will be issuing 17's and 43's to all Troopers.

I'm still trying to find a Trooper that purchased his GAP, shot up all his remaining ammo and realizes how expensive it is and wants to unload one really cheap laugh

Mike
Posted By: 222Rem Re: New Glock 43 - 04/15/15
Originally Posted by iblong
If I was spending 900.00 I would not be buying a 43 or any other Glock,and I like Glocks.

Me neither. I might be interested in another year or so when the price is below retail rather than double it. In the meantime a G19 covers the bases nicely.
Posted By: Oldquailhunter Re: New Glock 43 - 04/16/15
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
XDS 9mm runs rings around the Glock

How on gods green earth do you know this?

Dink
Posted By: jds44 Re: New Glock 43 - 04/16/15
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
I have 4 on my desk in the office right now. I'm not putting them on the floor until next weekend. We have an event scheduled and I want a few in stock.

There is no doubt in my mind that had they been on the floor, they would have been scooped up already for resale potential.

How about some pictures of the 43 with the other players in that niche, like the Shield, Ruger LCP, etc. for size comparisons?
Posted By: 222Rem Re: New Glock 43 - 04/16/15
Originally Posted by jds44

How about some pictures of the 43 with the other players in that niche, like the Shield, Ruger LCP, etc. for size comparisons?

I'd like to see some too. I'm guessing it's in the Shield/Kahr/XDS size range, but a photo clears things up quickly.
Posted By: Gristle Re: New Glock 43 - 04/16/15
Handled a 43 today and compared it to my 42. The 43 is just a wee bit larger and feels good in the hand. This dealer had 11 of them and they were all Blueline/LEO pistols. I'd say there is gonna be a flood of 42s come up for sale here shortly.....
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: New Glock 43 - 04/16/15
Originally Posted by Gristle
Handled a 43 today and compared it to my 42. The 43 is just a wee bit larger and feels good in the hand. This dealer had 11 of them and they were all Blueline/LEO pistols. I'd say there is gonna be a flood of 42s come up for sale here shortly.....

And S&W Shields, Sig 238's, XDM's, and Ruger LC9's...
Posted By: jimmyp Re: New Glock 43 - 04/17/15
my dealer had two of them they sold in minutes for the normal price. I will wait a half year before I buy one to make sure its going to work OK. I doubt I will sell my 42.
Posted By: hikerbum Re: New Glock 43 - 04/17/15
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

And S&W Shields, Sig 238's, XDM's, and Ruger LC9's...

Why? The 42 is a great carry gun...... .380 in modern projectiles is a good round. If it makes that much difference then jump to 40 or 45, don't stop at 9mm
Posted By: 222Rem Re: New Glock 43 - 04/17/15
Two reasons actually. First, the .380 is much better with today's ammo, but it's still a very small cartridge, and not in the same league as the larger three you referenced. Secondly, 9mm ammo (practice or carry) is much easier to locate.

In a skinny sub-compact, I think the 9mm is the balancing point for power, control, capacity and gun longevity. Just my .02c.
Posted By: shortactionsmoker Re: New Glock 43 - 04/17/15

pics coming shortly....
Posted By: shortactionsmoker Re: New Glock 43 - 04/17/15
43 Shield
LC9s Kahr CW9

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Steelhead Re: New Glock 43 - 04/17/15
Dremel is coming out and that trigger guard horn on the 42 is going away.
Posted By: Gristle Re: New Glock 43 - 04/17/15
SAS..you all must have been covered up today. Tried calling about 5 times and the phone was busy every time.....business must be booming.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: New Glock 43 - 04/17/15
Originally Posted by 222Rem
Two reasons actually. First, the .380 is much better with today's ammo, but it's still a very small cartridge, and not in the same league as the larger three you referenced. Secondly, 9mm ammo (practice or carry) is much easier to locate.

In a skinny sub-compact, I think the 9mm is the balancing point for power, control, capacity and gun longevity. Just my .02c.

I love my G42, but will pick up a G43 as soon as possible due to the cost/availability of 9mm ammo vs .380. The G42 won't be going anywhere.
Posted By: MOGC Re: New Glock 43 - 04/17/15
Is the Ruger pretty much the same size as the Glock?
Posted By: ready_on_the_right Re: New Glock 43 - 04/17/15
Yes
Posted By: jds44 Re: New Glock 43 - 04/17/15
Thank you!
Posted By: Nate40 Re: New Glock 43 - 04/17/15
I got the only one my dealer got in this week. I thought i paid alot!Cost me $500

Will say this though, I'm not disappointed, I actually like it better than I thought I would. Sweet shooter with very little recoil.
Posted By: 222Rem Re: New Glock 43 - 04/18/15
Is the 43's magazine base plate hollowed out, and replaceable with a flat one...........or hit with a dremel?
Posted By: VAhuntr Re: New Glock 43 - 04/18/15
Is the 43's magazine base plate hollowed out, and replaceable with a flat one...........or hit with a dremel?

It is replaceable as it comes with 2 magazines. 1 with the finger extension base plate and the other flat. I actually prefer the flat base plate myself.
Posted By: 222Rem Re: New Glock 43 - 04/18/15
Originally Posted by VAhuntr

It is replaceable as it comes with 2 magazines. 1 with the finger extension base plate and the other flat. I actually prefer the flat base plate myself.

Thanks. I do to, which is why I was asking.
Posted By: supercrewd Re: New Glock 43 - 04/19/15
Does it feel similar in the hand to the LC9? If so, too small for my hand.
Posted By: VAhuntr Re: New Glock 43 - 04/19/15
Originally Posted by supercrewd
Does it feel similar in the hand to the LC9? If so, too small for my hand.

My wife has an LC9. I'll try to get some pics comparing the 2 pistols Tuesday when she gets back in town. I *think* the LC9 is just a little smaller.
Posted By: VAhuntr Re: New Glock 43 - 04/20/15
Here is a picture of mt new G43 compared to my wifes Ruger LC9.Put 50 rounds through the pistol and it ran flawlessly.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: New Glock 43 - 04/20/15
I finally got to handle the new Model 43 at a Gunshow this weekend. I really liked it, too. It's only slightly larger than the model 42 in .380.
I thought the size was just about perfect for a BUG. I'll own one when the price settles down. Dealer at the Gunshow was asking $699. for a handgun that retails for about $450.
I can wait.
And I'm betting there will be a lot of good deals on used Model 42's if somebody wants a Glock in .380. Dealer mentioned he sold 7 of the Model 43's at $699 each.
Posted By: VAhuntr Re: New Glock 43 - 04/21/15
I watched some on Gunbroker going for over $700 as well. Mine is a blue label model and was $378 and some change out the door. My only complaint is I don't like the plastic, stock sights. Probably going to put a set of XS Big Dots on this one.

Here is another pic with a LC9:
[Linked Image]

Posted By: Steelhead Re: New Glock 43 - 04/21/15
It's hard trumping the blue label program.
Posted By: Oldquailhunter Re: New Glock 43 - 04/21/15
I watched some on Gunbroker going for over $700 as well. Mine is a blue label model and was $378 and some change out the door. My only complaint is I don't like the plastic, stock sights. Probably going to put a set of XS Big Dots on this one.

Here is another pic with a LC9:
[Linked Image]

I ordered mine with night sights for $55ish more.

Dink
Posted By: viking Re: New Glock 43 - 04/21/15
Cheaper than Dirt has em stock 449.
Posted By: ready_on_the_right Re: New Glock 43 - 04/21/15
I handled one today $552, have an LC9 on ankle so not interested.

Mike
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: New Glock 43 - 04/21/15
Noticed that the Glock 43 prices on GunBroker are starting to settle down, now. Several have sold for just over $500, today. You ought to be able to buy one at normal retail, which is around $450, within a week or so. I can wait!
Posted By: VAhuntr Re: New Glock 43 - 04/21/15
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Noticed that the Glock 43 prices on GunBroker are starting to settle down, now. Several have sold for just over $500, today. You ought to be able to buy one at normal retail, which is around $450, within a week or so. I can wait!

Likely a good call. I like the G43 and look forward to adding it to my carry rotation. However, the prices they were going for on GB a little while back was ridiculous. I think Glock made sure they had plenty of 43's ready before they released them. I remember the same thing happening with the Shield a few years back.
Posted By: Gristle Re: New Glock 43 - 04/21/15
Aren't these being made in both Austria and Ga?
Posted By: clark98ut Re: New Glock 43 - 04/22/15
Here are some pics of my 43 next to my Shield...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And here it suppressed... wink
[Linked Image]

I've put about 50 rounds through mine as well. No complaints, and I like the size better than the Shield. Ended up selling my Shield today in fact.

Posted By: VAhuntr Re: New Glock 43 - 04/22/15
Aren't these being made in both Austria and Ga?

Not sure as the only ones I have seen have been Austrian.
Posted By: VAhuntr Re: New Glock 43 - 04/22/15
Originally Posted by clark98ut
Here are some pics of my 43 next to my Shield...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And here it suppressed... wink
[Linked Image]

I've put about 50 rounds through mine as well. No complaints, and I like the size better than the Shield. Ended up selling my Shield today in fact.

Just curious when did you purchase yours and what date was the test cartrifge collected on? I noticed your serial # has a YPF prefix. Mine has a ZDU prefix and it was collected on 4-5-15.

Friend of mine and I were comparing my G43 to his Shield this morning. We were both surprised at the size difference. I'm amazed at how similar the two pistols really are.
Purchased the first day they were available. Collected date is 4-6-15.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: New Glock 43 - 04/22/15
Mine came in at the LGS today. I'll pick it up tomorrow, and try to do a report on it this weekend when I have time to shoot it.
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: New Glock 43 - 04/22/15
Those sights don't look too useful with that suppressor attached.
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

Not at all. Of course it's not really attached either. I just lined them up to see what it would look like.

Doesn't mean I won't have a threaded barrel for it at some point though. grin
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: New Glock 43 - 04/22/15
I like the looks of the 43, and I don't even like small pistols....grin.

Maybe the taller suppressor sights for the bigger Glocks will work with the 43 too. I'll bet they will.

Maybe the taller suppressor sights for the bigger Glocks will work with the 43 too. I'll bet they will.

I need to check. I know they make different sights for the 42s though. It's probably the same dovetail, maybe a little narrower on the 42 and 43.

Dawson Precision is right down the road. Might see if they are up to the task.
Posted By: ready_on_the_right Re: New Glock 43 - 04/22/15

If you shoot with both eyes open it's amazing how your brain can line things up.

Now if you are trying to strike matches with it at 25 yards not so much. Hitting moderately sized targets is no problem.

Mike
Posted By: VAhuntr Re: New Glock 43 - 04/23/15

I think the front sights are the same but the rear cutouts are different.
Posted By: VAhuntr Re: New Glock 43 - 04/23/15

I need to check. I know they make different sights for the 42s though. It's probably the same dovetail, maybe a little narrower on the 42 and 43.

Dawson Precision is right down the road. Might see if they are up to the task.

Let me know what you find out from Dawson. I'd certainly be interested!
Posted By: clark98ut Re: New Glock 43 - 04/23/15
Let me know what you find out from Dawson. I'd certainly be interested!

Dawson said they don't have a 43 on hand, but think it's the same as the 42. Said to bring mine by and they'd check...
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: New Glock 43 - 04/23/15
I tried my new Glock 43 in a new holster for the Glock 42 at my LGS,and it's just too tight of a fit.
For now, I'll probably just carry my Glock 43 in a pocket holster, untill I see what's available for it.
Posted By: vbshootinrange Re: New Glock 43 - 05/02/15
One of the guys at the shop, where I work part time bought the first Glock 43 to come in.

I loaned him my 42 for a side by side "shoot out"

After several hundred rounds, he says the 43 fit his hands better and he could "hit" better with it. He did some shooting at 25 yards and was very impressed.

I got on the "list" to buy one, and am third in line when we get more in.

Virgil B.
Posted By: Oregon45 Re: New Glock 43 - 05/02/15
I handled one at a local shop the other day; I liked it, typical Glock feel, small but not too-small size. Should be a fun little gun.
Posted By: VAhuntr Re: New Glock 43 - 05/02/15
I have 400 rounds through my 43 so far without any malfunctions what so ever. I plan to put it over the 500 mark tomorrow. Once I get to 1,000 rounds I will give it a good cleaning and start carrying it. The stock plastic sights were replaced with Ameriglo Tritium night sights and I have added Talon rubber grip. The magazines load easier than any Glock magazine I have ever loaded.

Posted By: Daveh Re: New Glock 43 - 05/04/15
I will stick with my Shield. I wish it was lighter but I prefer the longer grip where my pinky Isn't hanging off....
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: New Glock 43 - 05/09/15
I did not think there was any way I would fall for the 43, but it only took about 2 minutes after handling one. The store was gracious enough to allow me to put it in my jeans pocket and draw it. I could not believe how smoothly it drew considering the shape of the slide-not even a hint of snag. It weighs about .6 ounce more than my Sig P938 when both are loaded with 6. It works well with a DeSantis Superfly and a DeSantis Die Hard for an Xds. It is going to be an interesting competition to see what winds up in the pocket more!
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: New Glock 43 - 05/09/15
I have my name on the waiting list for one.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: New Glock 43 - 05/09/15
There are lots of Glock 43's listed on Gunbroker, right now, and prices have finally come down to actual retail.

The bad thing is that nobody has extra mags right now. There are only 2 mags listed right now, on Gunbroker, and both are up to $50 fricken bucks!
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: New Glock 43 - 05/10/15
After cleaning and lubricating the gun, I shot about 125 rounds today. I experienced two types of malfunctions.

The first was a number of failures to feed on the ramp with both magazines when charging the gun from slide lock using the slide stop lever. (Before everyone says that is not correct, page 13 of the manual supplied with the gun indicates that this is one method of loading the gun.) The rounds did not begin to enter the chamber, which I thought was weird for round nose ammo. I thought that possibly it was because I load my 115 grain JRN ammo a bit on the long side, although within SAAMI spec. The same ammo has been 100% reliable over about 1500 rounds when loading my Glock 19 this same way. However, it also occurred with both magazines when using factory 124 grain Speer Gold Dots. There were no issues at all using the slingshot method from slide lock, but I did not check that with the Gold Dots.

The second issue was that the magazine either was not seated or unseated itself a couple of times. During one string of fire the magazine unseated itself and the slide closed on an empty chamber. I cannot recall which magazine or what round in the string. Another time, it occurred with the flat bottom magazine. I loaded from slide lock using the slide stop lever. It chambered the top round and then I saw the magazine unseat itself and drop down slightly. This may have been user error. The magazine catch protrudes substantially in the magazine well, so I have a hard time thinking that has an issue. By the same token, there is no way I hit the magazine release with the same thumb used to trip the slide stop lever.

The gun fired and ejected every round it fed. It appears to be accurate. Once I got the hang of the trigger and sights, and did my customary drifting of the rear sight to the right, it was head shot accurate at 50 feet. I found the recoil to be rather mellow.

When I then shot my G19/3, my first thought was “this gun is fat.”

I am expecting everything to work out. The feeding from slide lock could be a break-in issue. The magazine seating issue could have been my fault. I know where I can find a bunch of firearms instructors tomorrow who will gladly burn through a few hundred Blazers and Gold Dots and assist with break in at no expense to me.
Posted By: VAhuntr Re: New Glock 43 - 05/10/15
Keep us posted on the 43. I'm at 450 rounds without any issues and to be quite honest, I don't expect any now. I made a vow not to carry or clean it until I have 1,000 rounds through it. I have added Ameriglo night sights and the Talon rubber grips.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: New Glock 43 - 05/10/15
Did you use the sights for a standard Glock, like for a Model 19 ?
Posted By: rockchucker Re: New Glock 43 - 05/10/15
got over 400 rds. through mine 5-6 different brands and weights of ball rounds and 5-6 different brands and weights of hollow points. not one hiccup. all sling shot method of charging.

the 124 federal hst +p are a handfull
Posted By: Oldquailhunter Re: New Glock 43 - 05/10/15
Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh......I am still waiting on mine.

Dink
Posted By: rockchucker Re: New Glock 43 - 05/10/15
u can shoot mines
Posted By: Hugh Re: New Glock 43 - 05/11/15
Thought i was next on the list.
Posted By: hunting1 Re: New Glock 43 - 05/11/15
Bought mine Friday, $519 and like all my Glocks, dependable.
Posted By: RyanTX Re: New Glock 43 - 05/11/15
Bought one while on my lunch break last week for $499. I had it until I made it home, then the wife decided she liked it smile

Now she has it and I have the Shield. Okay by me, I think they're both great pistols.
Posted By: VAhuntr Re: New Glock 43 - 05/11/15
Did you use the sights for a standard Glock, like for a Model 19 ?

The Ameriglo's I bought were for the 42 and 43. From my understanding the front sight is the same for all Glocks. It is the narrow slide of the 42/43 that makes the rear sight different.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: New Glock 43 - 05/11/15
Thanks VA Hunter! I was waiting to find out so I could order some Night Sights.
Posted By: VAhuntr Re: New Glock 43 - 05/12/15
Thanks VA Hunter! I was waiting to find out so I could order some Night Sights.

I was going to put the XS Big Dot sights on mine but the rear sight does not have tritium in it for the 42 and 43. The Ameriglo's have yellow rears and a green front. Really makes the front sight stand out. Of course during the day it looks like your typical 3 dot sight.

Posted By: Cheyenne Re: New Glock 43 - 05/12/15
Originally Posted by rockchucker
got over 400 rds. through mine 5-6 different brands and weights of ball rounds and 5-6 different brands and weights of hollow points. not one hiccup. all sling shot method of charging.

the 124 federal hst +p are a handfull

Do you have any chrono data on any of them? Inquiring minds want to know. BTW, mine worked fine yesterday using the sling shot method.
Posted By: rockchucker Re: New Glock 43 - 05/12/15
sorry no chrony.

i will say the barnes 115+p in the black box are weak feeling and sounding and the 124+p hst are loud and kick hard compared to all others.
Posted By: oldpinecricker Re: New Glock 43 - 05/12/15
I shot my BIL's glock 43 and I see it as an winner but not for me. My man hands are too large for it. I've got other little pistols that don't fit me and are too small that I already own, so I've no room for the 43.

If you've got average or smaller hands, and or are an woman I think those folks will really like the 43.
Posted By: BigBoreFan Re: New Glock 43 - 05/12/15
A couple of the local PD boys had gotten the call a few weeks ago and brought their new 43's to run for qualification. I fired one on a 50 round course and it was decent. The sample I handled had a glitch at the end of the trigger press. The trigger felt like it had a slight catch at the end and it was not like the normal 5.5 lb Glock trigger on other models I have shot or owned. I watched one of best pistol shooters I know only shoot a 94.6 on a MDA. He normally shoots 99-100 all the time with anything he brings. could just have been the sample he had as I did not fire any of the other 43s.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: New Glock 43 - 05/14/15
Heads up-GT Distributors has spare magazines in stock, $21.95 for flush base and $29.95 for extended base. 512-451-8298 (ext:9)
Posted By: Sendero_man Re: New Glock 43 - 05/14/15
Anyone get a good IWB holster yet ? Thoughts ?

Looked at Alien gear so far
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: New Glock 43 - 05/14/15
It works with my Crossbreed MiniTuck for a Springfield XDs with just a little slop rocking it forward and backwards and it fits well in a DeSantis Super Fly size V5 (I think it's for a Kahr but cannot remember).
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: New Glock 43 - 05/14/15
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Heads up-GT Distributors has spare magazines in stock, $21.95 for flush base and $29.95 for extended base. 512-451-8298 (ext:9)

THANKS! That's the first extra mags I've seen available for the Glock 43, except for two on GunBroker, which sold for over $50 bucks, each!
Posted By: vbshootinrange Re: New Glock 43 - 05/15/15
My 43 came in yesterday!

Ran 50 rounds through it. NO FTF, or hiccups.

Best five shot group at 10 yards off hand was right at 1"

Best "fast fire" off hand group was 20 shots in 2.25"

Yep! This little gun is a keeper. Got to run more rounds through it, but first impressions are GREAT!

It is just enough bigger than the 42 to fit "MY" hands better.

Virgil B.
Posted By: Oldquailhunter Re: New Glock 43 - 05/15/15
Just got off the phone with GT. Glock has not made a run of the 43 with night sights yet and no one knows when they are going to.

I guess I will sit around look at the six round mags I ordered.

They did tell me wait time on one with standard sights is 120 days.

Dink
Posted By: RyanTX Re: New Glock 43 - 05/15/15
Originally Posted by DINK
Just got off the phone with GT. Glock has not made a run of the 43 with night sights yet and no one knows when they are going to.

Dink

Wait time for a Glock 43 at 120 days? Just about every store in town has them in stock here. Even Academy has them in stock here.
Posted By: Oldquailhunter Re: New Glock 43 - 05/15/15
Originally Posted by RyanTX

Dink

Wait time for a Glock 43 at 120 days? Just about every store in town has them in stock here. Even Academy has them in stock here.

I thought the same thing.

He may have been referring to blue label guns only.

Dink
Posted By: rockchucker Re: New Glock 43 - 05/15/15
gt has night sights. i bought some last night
Posted By: Sendero_man Re: New Glock 43 - 05/22/15
Price ? Link ?
Thanks
Posted By: SAKO75 Re: New Glock 43 - 05/23/15
i have a shield 9mm and i just cant justify the cost nor the difference in ergonomics, i think the shields feels better in MY hands
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: New Glock 43 - 05/24/15
LGS had them for 475.

First pocket gun i've handled that felt good
Posted By: bea175 Re: New Glock 43 - 05/24/15
Thank you , but i will just stick with my Glock 19
Posted By: SAKO75 Re: New Glock 43 - 05/24/15
Originally Posted by bea175
i have that also
Posted By: iambrb Re: New Glock 43 - 05/24/15
Originally Posted by SAKO75
Originally Posted by bea175
i have that also

I went to LGS to get a 43....and wound buying a 19 Gen 4 today
Posted By: Oldquailhunter Re: New Glock 43 - 05/24/15
I guess mine is never going to get here. At least I have five spare mags to look at until it arrives.

Dink
Posted By: VAhuntr Re: New Glock 43 - 05/24/15
I guess mine is never going to get here. At least I have five spare mags to look at until it arrives.

Dink

My local store has gotten a steady supply of blue label 43's in since they came out but can't get any spare mags. Go figure? Heck they still have over 300 on the blue label waiting list.
Posted By: TheWarrior Re: New Glock 43 - 05/26/15
Which brand of holster are you guys that have the 43 considering on using?
Posted By: VAhuntr Re: New Glock 43 - 05/27/15
Originally Posted by TheWarrior

I found this holster on eBay from a store called "stay holstered". I had experience with these from my Glock 27 and Glock 30S. It works great for the lightweight Glock 43 and tucks it in well. It is easy to take on and off, you can adjust the retention, and it is very reasonably priced.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: alukban Re: New Glock 43 - 05/27/15

Dink

My local store has gotten a steady supply of blue label 43's in since they came out but can't get any spare mags. Go figure? Heck they still have over 300 on the blue label waiting list.

Don't blue label guns come with 3 mags anyway? I could live with that since i'd get a couple of +2 bases anyway smile
Posted By: clark98ut Re: New Glock 43 - 05/27/15
Originally Posted by alukban
Don't blue label guns come with 3 mags anyway? I could live with that since i'd get a couple of +2 bases anyway smile

Normally yes, but my 43 only came with 2.
Posted By: bea175 Re: New Glock 43 - 05/27/15
If you want a small lightweight carry pistol in 9 mm, then buy a Kahr P9. The P9 is about as good as it gets in a lightweight carry pistol
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: New Glock 43 - 05/27/15

For me the G43 is a backup or alternative carry gun. My current holsters include:

Dale Fricke Zacchaeus, which I have been trying IWB. I think it would work for pocket carry but I would need to make the lanyard longer. It may be the one design I could maybe, maybe consider trying AIWB because the gun is out before the trigger guard gets uncovered.

[Linked Image]

DeSantis Super Fly size V5, which I think is for the Springfield XDs. It works OK in the pocket. Shown with gun.

[Linked Image]

DeSantis Die Hard. This holster was designed for the Springfield XDs and the only difference I can see from the one currently marketed for the G43 is a squaring for the trigger guard difference. (Side note-it was a total FAIL for the XDs because the ambidextrous magazine release kept getting bumped and releasing the magazine. I could not bring myself to give it away, so there it sat, until now.)

[Linked Image]

The biggest problem I am finding right now is locating a nice IWB dual magazine pouch for the flush magazines.

Posted By: RyanTX Re: New Glock 43 - 05/27/15

If I'm carrying the 43, it's in a DeSantis Nemesis in my front pocket. If I'm going to use a IWB holster, it'll have my Glock 19 or 1911 in it.
Posted By: rockchucker Re: New Glock 43 - 05/27/15
Originally Posted by RyanTX
[quote=TheWarrior]Which brand of holster are you guys that have the 43 considering on using?

If I'm carrying the 43, it's in a DeSantis Nemesis in my front pocket. or a desantis ankle rig
Posted By: VAhuntr Re: New Glock 43 - 05/27/15

Dink

For whatever reason, the blue label 43's only come with 2 magazines.
Posted By: Sendero_man Re: New Glock 43 - 05/29/15
more of them showing up around here... local store has all Glocks at $75 off making the 43 a nice $405.00

I use the MIC holster, have a Alein Gear IWB on order and Rafter L is making a pattern for a IWB.

Rafter L is top notch !! Veteran owned, made in the USA !!

http://www.combatgunleather.com/

Posted By: Redhill Re: New Glock 43 - 05/29/15
This last week I shot my buddies G43 out in the desert along with my Ruger LC9s Pro and found the G43 to be a sweet shooting sonofagun. The feel is pure Glock on a wee bit smaller scale and it is light. Firing my mild handloads through both shooters the G43 seemed to produce more felt recoil than the Ruger. I shot the Ruger a wee bit better but I've put many a round through it. The trigger on the Ruger is a wee bit lighter and seems more like an AR 2 stage in the take up. Sights are more visible on the G43.

Both are good choices. I paid $330 for mine and he paid $480 for his.
Posted By: rockchucker Re: New Glock 43 - 05/30/15
bought a couple of taran tactical +1 for my 43. seem pretty good.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: jimmyp Re: New Glock 43 - 05/31/15
I compared my PM9 to the G43 last week, finding that the PM9 is smaller than the G43 and that my PM9 has never bobbled on anything I feed it I am sticking with that gun.
Posted By: Sendero_man Re: New Glock 43 - 06/05/15
Alien Gear IWB showed up... pretty pleased !

[Linked Image]
Posted By: David_Walter Re: New Glock 43 - 06/06/15

Normally yes, but my 43 only came with 2.

Mine as well. Two mags only.
Posted By: David_Walter Re: New Glock 43 - 06/07/15
Who makes a holster that fits the Glock 43 with the Crimson Trace Laserguard on the front?
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: New Glock 43 - 06/08/15
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Who makes a holster that fits the Glock 43 with the Crimson Trace Laserguard on the front?

If kydex is ok with you, http://www.cooksholsters.com/ looks like they make them for the 43 with CT. I've got several of their holster and they work well.
Posted By: jds44 Re: New Glock 43 - 06/08/15
I finally got a chance to put 50 rounds through mine yesterday. Initial impressions are great. I was a little worried about recoil and muzzle flip in the small package/abbreviated grip, but it was a non-issue. I've previously owned a couple of 9mm Shields and to my hands, the G43 is more controllable. I let my 8 year old and 12 year old run 10 rounds each through it. The 8 year old struggled a little bit with muzzle flip, but the 12 year old ran it just fine.
Posted By: VAhuntr Re: New Glock 43 - 06/09/15
I finally got a chance to put 50 rounds through mine yesterday. Initial impressions are great. I was a little worried about recoil and muzzle flip in the small package/abbreviated grip, but it was a non-issue. I've previously owned a couple of 9mm Shields and to my hands, the G43 is more controllable. I let my 8 year old and 12 year old run 10 rounds each through it. The 8 year old struggled a little bit with muzzle flip, but the 12 year old ran it just fine.

I have 600 rounds through mine and it has been flawless. I have shot 115, 124, and 147 grain FMJ's and HP's and the pistol handles them well. I have also ran several of my carry load, the 124 grain +P Golden Sabers with excellent results as well. The pistol handles recoil well and can be quite accurate.
Posted By: Dancing Bear Re: New Glock 43 - 06/12/15

I love my G42, but will pick up a G43 as soon as possible due to the cost/availability of 9mm ammo vs .380. The G42 won't be going anywhere.

I certainly agree with your comments on the G-42/43. I do hope the G-43 is a bit more accurate than my G-42. The G-42 does not group as well as my G-27/26 or G-19. It shoots about as well as my PF-9 which isn't terrible.

Some reports indicate the G-43's shoot well.

I just got a G-43 today found an IWB holster and ordered Tru Glo's for it.

I will be shooting it Monday morning with a view to comparing it to my G-19, G-27/26 and G-42.

Hopefully, Ghost will have a Plus 2 mag base and spring kit out for the G-43 soon. I really like theres on my
G-42,especially as a spare mag. There are a couple of extension bases , +1's and +2's available now but they use the stock spring. Until someone tests them positively I see no reason to try them.
Posted By: Dancing Bear Re: New Glock 43 - 06/12/15
Will you please let us know how they are for reliability?

Thanks,
Gary
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: New Glock 43 - 06/13/15
Originally Posted by Dancing Bear

I certainly agree with your comments on the G-42/43. I do hope the G-43 is a bit more accurate than my G-42. The G-42 does not group as well as my G-27/26 or G-19. It shoots about as well as my PF-9 which isn't terrible.

I will be shooting it Monday morning with a view to comparing it to my G-19, G-27/26 and G-42.

Hopefully, Ghost will have a Plus 2 mag base and spring kit out for the G-43 soon. I really like theres on my
G-42,especially as a spare mag. There are a couple of extension bases , +1's and +2's available now but they use the stock spring. Until someone tests them positively I see no reason to try them.

My G42 is an excellent shooter as far as accuracy goes. I'm surprised to hear that you are getting poor accuracy from yours.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: New Glock 43 - 06/13/15
I just shot an IDPA match with my G43, and the gun was 100% on 5 stages, including strong hand only, weak hand only, shooting from retention, and a few longer distance shots. The shooter was not 100%, but the gun was. Some +1 or +2 magazine extensions would not be a bad thing for that game. It runs just like a full sized, low capacity gun.
Posted By: gmoats Re: New Glock 43 - 06/13/15
I just shot an IDPA match with my G43, and the gun was 100% on 5 stages, including strong hand only, weak hand only, shooting from retention, and a few longer distance shots. The shooter was not 100%, but the gun was. Some +1 or +2 magazine extensions would not be a bad thing for that game. It runs just like a full sized, low capacity gun.

…….I was there as a witness……Cheyenne shot that little gun great even though he had to do a lot of additional reloads…….I haven't wanted one of those guns until I saw Cheyenne shooting….now I'm not so sure I shouldn't have one…..Great shooting Cheyenne…..and thanks for helping on the tear down on my stage.
Posted By: Dancing Bear Re: New Glock 43 - 06/13/15
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Originally Posted by Dancing Bear

My G42 is an excellent shooter as far as accuracy goes. I'm surprised to hear that you are getting poor accuracy from yours.

It may well be the ammo. Hornady Critical Defense. I may try some other brands. I like Golden Sabre in 9mm and .40, I haven't found any lately in .380.
Posted By: Oldquailhunter Re: New Glock 43 - 06/13/15
I finally got mine a week ago. I been shooting the crap out of it. It's been 100% so far. It is a little snappy with +p+ but not bad.

I was even lucky enough to snag a crossbreed supertuck off the seconds page.

Now I am waiting on Taran Tactical +1 base plates.

Dink
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: New Glock 43 - 06/13/15
Thanks, Greg, you're too kind. That was a great stage, by the way! As far as the gun is concerned, if IDPA had less ridiculous ammo management rules, the gun would be competitive in more classes, limited only by the most important factor, shooter skill. Then I would have less excuses for my performance.
Posted By: Jamie Re: New Glock 43 - 06/14/15
Looks like folks are trading in their 42's for new 43's. I seen three used 42's in different lgs's for under $400. The one I bought is lnib and was $350. Out the door.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: New Glock 43 - 06/17/15
FYI, Taran Tactical is showing the +1 and +2 bases back in stock. I just ordered 3 of the +1 kind.
Posted By: Oldquailhunter Re: New Glock 43 - 06/17/15
FYI, Taran Tactical is showing the +1 and +2 bases back in stock. I just ordered 3 of the +1 kind.

I got mine a couple days ago and they are very nice.

Dink
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: New Glock 43 - 06/18/15
Stopped in at LGS and got on the 43 list, selling them as fast as they come in.

3rd on the list, @ $469

What's going price yall seeing?
Posted By: alukban Re: New Glock 43 - 06/18/15
$450 at Hoffmans in CT

Heck, even I already have two Taran Tactical +2 bases and I haven't even ordered a pistol yet wink
Posted By: Dancing Bear Re: New Glock 43 - 06/21/15
I got night sights put on mine and took it out for a trial run.

Mine has a very heavy triggeer pull. I would appreciate som help or info.

Does anyone have any information on the preferred fix? I assume a trigger connector. I have used Ghost in the past but am not up to speed on the latest.

Thanks in advance.

Posted By: rockchucker Re: New Glock 43 - 06/21/15
i put a ghost in mine im happy with it
Posted By: Dancing Bear Re: New Glock 43 - 06/21/15
OK, thanks.
© 24hourcampfire