Home
Another member told me about this and I installed one today. Hardest part of the operation was removing the barrel from the frame as mine was quite tight. The end result was worth it!

http://www.tandemkross.com/Steel-Hammer-Bushing-for-Mark-III-and-2245-Pistols_p_9.html

Sorry, I am a lazy [bleep] so have not opened the link but what issue are you trying to resolve?
Originally Posted by EdM
Sorry, I am a lazy [bleep] so have not opened the link but what issue are you trying to resolve?

This will let the magazine drop free. If you have a Mark 3 you know exactly what I'm talking about. On the Mark 3 the magazines don't drop out. You have to push the release then dig them out by hand. Quite the PITA.

Keith I have 4 of these bushings on the way. Picked up another 22/45 Lite after work on Saturday for the kids...
I installed one of those as well. Another benefit is that it simplifies the disassembly procedure.
Originally Posted by Cinch
Originally Posted by EdM

This will let the magazine drop free. If you have a Mark 3 you know exactly what I'm talking about. On the Mark 3 the magazines don't drop out. You have to push the release then dig them out by hand. Quite the PITA.

Keith I have 4 of these bushings on the way. Picked up another 22/45 Lite after work on Saturday for the kids...

Any MKII hammer bushing can be used in the MKIII to eliminate the mag disconnect, which then allows the mag to drop free. I don't know about the particular brand in the OP, but the Clark bushing I used also eliminated some slop in the trigger. Rimfire Sports and Custom lists a VQ version (which I expect would be as good as the Clark) for $7.95.
This one was $9 and also improves the trigger pull.
Originally Posted by eh76

I don't have any idea how shipping charges compare, so it's up to the buyer to determine which is the better deal. I do suspect that any MKII bushing will improve the MKIII trigger, since the inherent clearances added by the inclusion of the mag disconnect must have a negative effect on the trigger that is unavoidable.
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by eh76

I don't have any idea how shipping charges compare, so it's up to the buyer to determine which is the better deal. I do suspect that any MKII bushing will improve the MKIII trigger, since the inherent clearances added by the inclusion of the mag disconnect must have a negative effect on the trigger that is unavoidable.

The outfit you posted sells both. All I know is I am happy with the outcome.
© 24hourcampfire